The climate with Jerry is too toxic for success

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No other HC has to operate in this chaotic toxic culture.

Toxic culture doesn't explain poor in-game decisions and adjustments. It doesn't explain fair catching the ball with 20 yards of open field in front. Thats all on Garret. Jerry's biggest error is sticking with garret and not holding the coach accountable.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not just about the roster. It’s about the coaching staff , control over personnel and the climate which Jerry dictates.

There is nothing wrong with the personnel. There is no reason Jerry can't hire a coach with a better mind for the game and a fresh message.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Garrett isn't being held against his will and he certainly isn't being forced to do a damn thing. He can walk away any time he wants, he simply chooses not to for selfish reasons. Maybe he realizes this is his one and only HC job and is reluctant to give it up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You have no idea what you're talking about. Nobody gets 10 years in the NFL with 2 playoff wins..it's the #1 job available in sports, JJ has had JG's back through thick and thin.
Then why does Jerry keep hiring puppets?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett isn't being held against his will and he certainly isn't being forced to do a damn thing. He can walk away any time he wants, he simply chooses not to for selfish reasons. Maybe he realizes this is his one and only HC job and is reluctant to give it up.
He will walk away like all of Jerry’s best HC’s have.

Jerry is the core issue for this toxic atmosphere. And why the last 6 HC’s aren’t having success. And I suspect won’t change much.

And I’d predict Jason will go on to another venue and help build a contender.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Obviously Jerry will always be the problem. We know he wants the control and the credit when things go right. However, there is still more a "puppet" can offer than what Garrett has as a coach. You can be a puppet who works well with Jerry but still know how to bring it during the week when it comes to getting a team prepared, game-planning, and coaching on game day. Garrett has not offered any of that in his time here.

Blake

Reaction score

Jerry is the core issue for this toxic atmosphere. And why the last 6 HC’s aren’t having success. And I suspect won’t change much.

You're a deeply closeted Garret fan boi, and no he won't.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Yep

And why we are still in this mess a generation later as Jerry continues his quest to prove it wasn’t all Jimmy.

Excellent point. Another headscratcher is why Jimmy has not been inducted into our ring of honor. We know why, but its blatantly wrong and shows that settling old scores is important to our "til death do us part" gm.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Excellent point. Another headscratcher is why Jimmy has not been inducted into our ring of honor. We know why, but its blatantly wrong and shows that settling old scores is important to our "til death do us part" gm.
yeah if jimmy dies, then jerry will induct him lol.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:hammer:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You gotta be kidding..........

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Thats the way Jones treated the great Bob Hayes.
Well in a way I can understand that, he didnt have hayes on the team or really know him , but Jimmy he knew and worked with him for years and jimmy won 2 SB's for the jones family and now they cant even say thanks for that all these years later, and we all see they cant build a team and win one on their own.

Jerry did not owe anything to all the landry years players, he just honored some of the popular ones who did good after football.

Zordon

Reaction score
I watched some player interviews during my lunch and every one was asked at least two questions about Jerry's postgame comments. Here are some of their responses. Like @Diehardblues said and @Risen Star always harps on, the man is toxic and a disease to this franchise.

Zeke: "We're worried about winning the ball game. We're not worried about the outside noise. We can't let anything distract us."

Zach Martin: "Being part of the Dallas Cowboys, you get kinda used to it (distractions), this locker room does a good job of not getting caught up in that kind of stuff."

Travis Frederick: "I don't have time to be thinking about things like that, I have to get ready for the game."

Heath: "We kinda take that personal because it's the players that have to execute."

Lewis: "We can't worry about that."

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Fainting couch football players and coaches don't impress me much. "Jerry says things that put me in a tizzy!" Buck up.

There are problems with what Jerry does, but objecting to Jerry playing PT Barnum is objecting to your boss making money.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fainting couch football players and coaches don't impress me much. "Jerry says things that put me in a tizzy!" Buck up.

There are problems with what Jerry does, but objecting to Jerry playing PT Barnum is objecting to your boss making money.
Does #1 in Revenue really interest Cowboy fans? It’s actually become embarrassing to me with a mediocre team.

Back in the day when we were winning championships it was a source of pride being popular. But to me being popular without being great seems slutty or cheap.