The climate with Jerry is too toxic for success

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wade was just warming Garrets seat. It was Jerry's declared intention to make Jason the HC from the day he imported him from Miami..
Some still don't grasp -- I didn't grasp it at the time -- that Wade *was* the Garrett hire. Jerry wanted Jason all along and Wade was just the best puzzle piece to fit alongside the Garrett one that was already in place. In fact, Jerry had been planning to hire Jason as HC since the late 90s.

That's why I don't buy all the "string of puppets" talk. We've been in the Garrett era ever since Parcells left. People talk about 23 years, but Garrett has been here over half of that time. Flush him away and things might actually be better.

visionary

Reaction score
Watching the firestorm with Jerry moment after moment day after day with him responding to questions and the continuing pressure punctuates where our core issue still resides.

The culture and climate is still too toxic for anyone to have success and or any control in Cowboys Football.

The conflict of interest with Jerry wearing both hats of owner and GM continues to be our greatest obstacle with him promoting his product on one hand and football decisions on the other. It’s a disaster.

It’s time for Garrett to walk after this season even if we were to win out which I wouldn’t bet the farm on. It’s likely to get worse. It’s just not a healthy climate in Frisco. I’d get the hell out of dodge ASAP. Good luck to the next puppet in this media circus climate with the biggest Bozo in the NFL.

I’ve heard this before and it makes little sense

let’s say, it is snowing and really cold and you have the AC on in the house

You’re shivering and I tell you, turn the AC off and turn on the heater and it will get better but you say, no, no, I’m not doing it because that is only temporary. until it stops snowing and winter is over, nothing will change.

Does that make any sense?

yes, winter is here (Jerry) but we can win with a great HC. Gotta get rid of the trash current HC first

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve heard this before and it makes little sense

let’s say, it is snowing and really cold and you have the AC on in the house

You’re shivering and I tell you, turn the AC off and turn on the heater and it will get better but you say, no, no, I’m not doing it because that is only temporary. until it stops snowing and winter is over, nothing will change.

Does that make any sense?

yes, winter is here (Jerry) but we can win with a great HC. Gotta get rid of the trash current HC first
We tried that. Jerry doesn’t like winning championships if he doesn’t receive more credit. And why we’re stuck with puppets.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Same complaint as always, but I do see a teamwork approach to the cowboys we have now. He's done his job. Coaching is the weakest link.

To blame Jones to me is to just talk in stereotypes.
Obviously you are missing that Jerry hires the coaching too. Lol

He’s missed on how many HC in a row now? You don’t see a pattern in futility ? And who’s the constant?

Garrett is just another puppet on the long list in the continuing saga of Jerry attempting to gain credit without a great HC.

It’s this toxic environment with Jerry’s control that dooms us despite whatever talent we amassed with the puppet coaching staff.

visionary

Reaction score
We tried that. Jerry doesn’t like winning championships if he doesn’t receive more credit. And why we’re stuck with puppets.

the only time “we tried it” was with BP and he made us contenders even though he was almost over the hill by then

Diehardblues

Reaction score
the only time “we tried it” was with BP and he made us contenders even though he was almost over the hill by then
And The toxic environment ran him off.

I’m not disagreeing great Coaching is the answer. I’m arguing the toxic atmosphere with Jerry destroys it.

The 2 greatest HC Jerry hired both walked. And the best puppet is fixing to walk. It’s even too toxic for him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry’s toxic environment ran off a Back to Back SB Champion. There’s no better example how dysfunctional an organization this is under Jerry.

The rest since simply supports his intent to be everything Cowboys. I can’t believe all fans aren’t completely disgusted by now. It’s doomed our franchise.

visionary

Reaction score
And The toxic environment ran him off.

I’m not disagreeing great Coaching is the answer. I’m arguing the toxic atmosphere with Jerry destroys it.

The 2 greatest HC Jerry hired both walked. And the best puppet is fixing to walk. It’s even too toxic for him.

i always say to people who work for me “come to me with a solution not with a problem “

this whole thread is pointless because it is the council of despair

Wah wah
Nothing can change us for the better

I don’t buy that
Things change
Just look out the window

Jerry is getting desperate
I think he will bring in a real HC

Diehardblues

Reaction score
i always say to people who work for me “come to me with a solution not with a problem “

this whole thread is pointless because it is the council of despair

Wah wah
Nothing can change us for the better

I don’t buy that
Things change
Just look out the window

Jerry is getting desperate
I think he will bring in a real HC
Jerry’s counting on our you hope which he continues selling.

After 25 years in this toxic environment I’m a hopeless fan.

There’s only one solution. And he’s not dead yet.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Obviously you are missing that Jerry hires the coaching too. Lol

He’s missed on how many HC in a row now? You don’t see a pattern in futility ? And who’s the constant?

Garrett is just another puppet on the long list in the continuing saga of Jerry attempting to gain credit without a great HC.

It’s this toxic environment with Jerry’s control that dooms us despite whatever talent we amassed with the puppet coaching staff.
Not missing the point at all. Just not buying it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Same complaint as always, but I do see a teamwork approach to the cowboys we have now. He's done his job. Coaching is the weakest link.

To blame Jones to me is to just talk in stereotypes.

Jerry has been the GM presiding over 5 head coaches since the last time Dallas got past the divisional round of the playoffs. His Cowboys are one of only 3 teams in the NFC not to have reached an NFC title game during that time.

He hasn't done his job and I didn't use any stereotypes. All I needed was his track record.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Jerry has been the GM presiding over 5 head coaches since the last time Dallas got past the divisional round of the playoffs. His Cowboys are one of only 3 teams in the NFC not to have reached an NFC title game during that time.

He hasn't done his job and I didn't use any stereotypes. All I needed was his track record.
We have a talented roster. We have solid players.

But the coaching is failing us. If Jones kept bringing in crap then it's on Jones. I do wish Jones would fire him already but hey, maybe a Christmas present.

Grevus

Reaction score
Jerry is so desperate to prove to the world that he's a football guy and knows what he's doing. He's invested a lot of time and money into Garrett. Firing him is the last thing he wants to do. It would prove he was wrong. He would sell his soul for JG to win a Superbowl.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Go attack elsewhere. We just disagree, no need for the rest.
It’s much deeper than just disagreement. It’s a fundamental belief in interpreting the events of this era.

I’d be curious after a couple decades of dysfunction with Jerry what gives you hope moving forward.

And this is my thread. You stepped up to the plate with me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have a talented roster. We have solid players.

But the coaching is failing us. If Jones kept bringing in crap then it's on Jones. I do wish Jones would fire him already but hey, maybe a Christmas present.
Don’t worry. Garrett will be leaving.

I’m not sure why we will have more hope with the next puppet in this toxic environment?