The coaches aren't to blame

kramskoi

Reaction score
Do you understand the concept of being too conservative versus mixing it up?

How about some bootlegs on first down if you're so afraid that your backup QB can't handle throws?

Why is there a need to continue to run 80% of the time on first down?

YR

Agree...the big fail was thinking that 12 points would get you a win with only a 2 point lead. If Romo is the field general of this offense, then Cassel and Weeden are PFCs who have trouble simply keeping their boots tied.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So, putting the game into the hands of Cassel is a win? The guy who looked awful with his limited passing attempts? Not breaking even 100 yards passing?

Cassel was an INT waiting to happen in this game.

Cassel has been put into the worst position a QB can be put in with this offensive coaching staff.

They are the worst in football.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
2 deep balls isn't threatening deep. Your takes are completely useless because you can never admit that you're wrong.

There's not a soul on this board other than you that thinks we actually threatened deep. In fact, there is a thread about the insane amount of checkdowns.

YR

You said we NEVER threatened deep. I cited 2 plays we did. Don't try and twist things around. Your losing credibility.

Sydla

Reaction score
It would really be helpful, at least for me, if you guys could tell me when it's OK to judge the coaching staff. Because apparently even after years of evidence, we still can't hold them accountable for anything.

So again, can someone post a sticky to the top of this board when it's appropriate to question the coaching staff?

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
You said we NEVER threatened deep. I cited 2 plays we did. Don't try and twist things around. Your losing credibility.

Thanks for pointing that out. That completely exonerates the coaching staff from having any part in this latest loss.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We used to win 5 games a season with Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson...

Parcells got Quincy to the playoffs....

Yet we cant even manage to win a game with a team that is 10 X's better than anything we had in the Campo/ early Parcells era.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Everyone complained about Weeden and were screaming for Cassel but statistically he's been far worse with a 58.5 passer rating in his two starts. The offense looked more impotent with him today than at anytime with Weeden. Might as well give Kellen Moore a try it can't get much worse.

cml750

Reaction score
It would really be helpful, at least for me, if you guys could tell me when it's OK to judge the coaching staff. Because apparently even after years of evidence, we still can't hold them accountable for anything.

So again, can someone post a sticky to the top of this board when it's appropriate to question the coaching staff?

Great post!!!!

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Defense did its part and so did ST. Line blocked well. Receivers didn't get open enough. The main play I had an issue with was 3 & 2 in the 4th. I didn't have an issue with them running, I just didn't like the use of one WR which made the play predictable. We should've lined up 3-4 WR and forced them into a Nickel or Dime defense.

Just glad our divisional foes are just as inconsistent, with their QBs on deck.

zack

Reaction score
I blame the loss on the members who bash Romo. You know who you are......Betcha wish you had him now. :)

This is what we get to expect in the near future. Good luck drafting a replacement. Nothing is guaranteed in the draft. I just hope it doesn't take as long to find a QB. The last time took a long time and he wasn't even drafted. Good god this season sucks. Hopefully we can win next week!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

When they deserve it.

superonyx

Reaction score
Any offense that is this pathetic regardless of QB should have the coaching staff questioned.
Romo has been covering the warts of a poorly designed offensive system for years now.
No wonder he waits until the last second to snap the ball. He needs to fix the mess of a play call and formation that was called and try to salvage it.

You cant lose 5 straight games with a team that was a superbowl contender and expect the coaching is not an issue. Injuries happen to all teams. 0-5 in your last 5 games do not.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Everyone complained about Weeden and were screaming for Cassel but statistically he's been far worse with a 58.5 passer rating in his two starts. The offense looked more impotent with him today than it did at anytime with Weeden. Might as well give Kellen Moore a try it can't get much worse.

Cassell is a average to slightly below average at worst NFL QB and we are not getting average or slightly below average production from him.

The problem ain't Cassell.