The Cost of Momentum

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With that defense? They wouldn't even had made the NFC championship game. (not that I was on team tank, but be realistic. There was no way last season's team had any real chance with that defense and Dak down.)
So you're a pessimist, cool wallow in your own pity

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
and if we had won 1more we would have made the playoffs
We like to keep it drama free for the most part, comfortable right were we are at.
That thought process haunts my soul, daily.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why is it teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens and Packers manage longevity in contention without a haul of early picks? What has picking high done for teams like the Jaguars and Bengals? Losing can become a culture and it really has no appeal whatsoever, no matter how many picks you have in the 1st round.
All 4 of those teams focus on the DLine.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Would you be feeling better drafting in that slot than at 10 in this draft?
Would you have felt better if we got the Dolphins haul and picked at....checks notes...6th than 10 in this draft?

Or were 3 wins in a lost season more valuable to you?

nobody

Reaction score
So you're a pessimist, cool wallow in your own pity

I am not pitying anything. I just have the intelligence to see the team's deficits at the time. There's a reason they fired their DC. Wallow in your delusions.

cowboyec

Reaction score
more feathered dominance bull-@#$%.
never apologize for winning.
ever.
the dolphins always seem to be drafting in the top 10 and the eagles are mostly irrelevant.
i'll take wins....any day.
because there is no such thing as meaningless wins.
and had we lost....im sure you'd be the first to ***** about it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Why is it teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens and Packers manage longevity in contention without a haul of early picks? What has picking high done for teams like the Jaguars and Bengals? Losing can become a culture and it really has no appeal whatsoever, no matter how many picks you have in the 1st round.
whats it done for miami?
they always seem to be drafting in the top 10...and always seem to have multiple picks.
they "tanked for tua" and now some are clamoring for another qb.

Motorola

Reaction score
I was Team Tank, but it was more a fantasy.
In truth, I know players aren't going to tank, so wishing it so is a waste of time.
And getting mad because they don't is simply unrealistic.
So, while I wish Dallas was drafting higher, I'm not upset that they're not because I don't control what players do.

So ....... let's make it work with the 10th pick of the 1st round.
Along will the10 other picks the Cowboys will have. One month left to go.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
As teams like the Dolphins and Eagles load up on first round draft picks due to their ability to offer premium picks for QBs....too bad they won't carry over any momentum from late wins last season that Dallas got.

In all seriousness I was pillared for hoping the team lost to close out the season. No, our hopes don't influence what happens on the field. But I hope people now recognize the cost of a few meaningless wins.

When you have a lost season you would hope it leads to the type of haul Miami and to a lesser extent Philly received.

Shame.

LOL, Momentum Schmomentum......that ain't momentum, you wanna know what momentum is....TB Bucs have just signed every 22 of their starters from last year's SB win. Now thats momentum. Most people and i am sure players on the team and now off the team could care less what happened at the end of last year.