The Cost of Momentum

blueblood70

Reaction score

who cares stop the incessive whining and drooling over our competition. you have a choice be Cowboy fan with Jerry and the jonses as they've been here 30years brought you THREE Sbs or turn in your Star card and move on..nothings goign to change but a lot of us dont want to ready your constant whining and desire to be the enemy. dont covet thy neighbor bro..

you dont win on paper , this will be settled on the field as its always has and i have the Cowboys coming out on top..

that what fans do..ef the tank talk ef the bs narratives , we have some very nice picks this draft and a healthy team last year would have won the division and will this year..

nothing that happening in the offseason will change that, if that type of blueprint worked all the ridiculously bad teams like Cleveland would NOT have taken 15 years off from the playoffs and no winning season for how long picking in the top 2 having some years with 3 first round picks trading moving making moves spending money on FAs and changings coaches and gms? it got them NOTHING finally one decent year ..Jets and many other teams same thing..at least we are relative that better then bottom feeders and tanking is not only illegal's in the NFL, its goes against the integrity of the sport, bad signals to players, loses coaches jobs , and for sure there no proof it works..

GET OVER IT!! We are here and we will field team and hope it works out..

52202003.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
more feathered dominance bull-@#$%.
never apologize for winning.
ever.
the dolphins always seem to be drafting in the top 10 and the eagles are mostly irrelevant.
i'll take wins....any day.
because there is no such thing as meaningless wins.
and had we lost....im sure you'd be the first to ***** about it.
Dolphins were 10-6 and are an up and coming young team full of talent and multiple draft picks. Their 3rd overall pick was from the Texans. They received that pick because they weren't afraid to tank and trade away talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
whats it done for miami?
they always seem to be drafting in the top 10...and always seem to have multiple picks.
they "tanked for tua" and now some are clamoring for another qb.
10-6 and a slew of 1st round draft picks coming up.

They didn't tank for Tua, they tanked for the future. And it's working like a charm. The team you're picking to make your point is destroying your point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As teams like the Dolphins and Eagles load up on first round draft picks due to their ability to offer premium picks for QBs....too bad they won't carry over any momentum from late wins last season that Dallas got.

In all seriousness I was pillared for hoping the team lost to close out the season. No, our hopes don't influence what happens on the field. But I hope people now recognize the cost of a few meaningless wins.

When you have a lost season you would hope it leads to the type of haul Miami and to a lesser extent Philly received.

Shame.

None of us can forget the horror of fans like Catch17 clamoring for irrelevant late season victories against 3rd string QB's. Knowing full well they would only hurt the franchise by dropping the Cowboys from the 3rd pick to the 10th or worse. Only thing caring about was wanting to be able to say he told us so with his hero Dalton that is no longer on the team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

They didn't tank for Tua, they tanked for the future. And it's working like a charm. The team you're picking to make your point is destroying your point.

Amazing how some still cant see the value in a loss in a lost season.

Not true fans, just cheerleaders.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why is it teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens and Packers manage longevity in contention without a haul of early picks? What has picking high done for teams like the Jaguars and Bengals? Losing can become a culture and it really has no appeal whatsoever, no matter how many picks you have in the 1st round.

If you cant understand the simple concept of draft capital, value, and picking higher then you have no business in any football or sports conversation for that matter.

The two teams you mentioned the Jags and Bengals have had a lack of success because despite their high picks they whiffed on all the QB picks.

If you dont have a QB, you dont have diddly. Something you havent learned yet obviously. Also, drafting a great QB is difficult even when you pick high. Crap shoot. ANOTHER thing you obviously havent learned.

sjmike

Reaction score
who cares stop the incessive whining and drooling over our competition. you have a choice be Cowboy fan with Jerry and the jonses as they've been here 30years brought you THREE Sbs or turn in your Star card and move on..nothings goign to change but a lot of us dont want to ready your constant whining and desire to be the enemy. dont covet thy neighbor
you dont win on paper , this will be settled on the field as its always has and i have the Cowboys coming out on top..

that what fans do..ef the tank talk ef the bs narratives , we have some very nice picks this draft and a healthy team last year would have won the division and will this year..

nothing that happening in the offseason will change that, if that type of blueprint worked all the ridiculously bad teams like Cleveland would NOT have taken 15 years off from the playoffs and no winning season for how long picking in the top 2 having some years with 3 first round picks trading moving making moves spending money on FAs and changings coaches and gms? it got them NOTHING finally one decent year ..Jets and many other teams same thing..at least we are relative that better then bottom feeders and tanking is not only illegal's in the NFL, its goes against the integrity of the sport, bad signals to players, loses coaches jobs , and for sure there no proof it works..

GET OVER IT!! We are here and we will field team and hope it works out..
Dude, that is how I feel in a nutshell. Thank you for articulating it!!
52202003.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score

WRONG they won a lot f games down the stretch and it nearly cost them tua they were 3-3 and played to win every game the 2nd half of that season..sorry but the tank talk is debunked!!!know your facts..they even beat NE the final game.down the stretch that tanking they did the exact thing and picked 5 we just happen to pick 10th and??

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dolphins were 10-6 and are an up and coming young team full of talent and multiple draft picks. Their 3rd overall pick was from the Texans. They received that pick because they weren't afraid to tank and trade away talent.
ok.

cowboyec

Reaction score

ok.

blueblood70

Reaction score
umm WRONG they won a lot f games down the stretch and it nearly cost them tua they were 3-3 and played to win every game the 2nd half of that season..sorry but the tank talk is debunked!!!know your facts..they even beat NE the final game.down the stretch that tanking they did the exact thing and picked 5 we just happen to pick 10th and??

might not want to use your memory and instead use the record and see they came on late to go what 3-3 down the stretch, hows that tanking an dhows that different then what we did last year? they could have played Rosen too actually tank and played fitz to the very ;last snap..not TANKING in no shape or form..as matter of fact they y they cut and traded players at the bye that ignited the winnings was nearly identical to our 2020 campain..it was not tanking they could have picked 2nd or third but ended up 5th tua fell to them by accident.

Next narrative i can bust with facts i argue they plating hard too the end helped them going into the next season NOT losing on purpose but giving them hope and confidence

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
A thread like this brings out all the short sighted, low iq fans that like to declare how much more of a “real fan” they are by not rooting for losses.

you’re not anymore of a real fan by rooting for meaningless wins in week 16 and 17. You’re just dumb

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only reason I wish they'd lost two more to get into that 3rd spot would have been to watch the effect of that on the QB negotiations.

Since they do not need a QB now, picking above 10 isn't worth watching more losses, 10 was enough.

Tanking is such easy talk until you sit there and watch your team lose on purpose. I imagine a lot of Eagles fans were tank talking.....right up until they saw that disgraceful affront to everything competition and sports represent.

I am OK with my team going down but go down hard. That label "America's Team" and tanking don't seen compatible, do they?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A thread like this brings out all the short sighted, low iq fans that like to declare how much more of a “real fan” they are by not rooting for losses.

you’re not anymore of a real fan by rooting for meaningless wins in week 16 and 17. You’re just dumb
You are confusing "rooting for losses" with tanking, they're not remotely the same.

And not every fan looks at it as you do so the word "dumb" doesn't apply.

cowboyec

Reaction score

not really.
no such thing as "meaningless wins".
point still stands solidly.

cowboyec

Reaction score

kskboys

Reaction score
not really.
point still stands solidly.
No, it does not. It was ripped apart and shredded. I really cannot comprehend how you're saying your point still stands after the example you provided points to the exact opposite.

MIA's only mistake so far, IMO, was taking Tua. I didn't like him as a prospect and I highly doubt if he'll take them there.

Where does the "meaningless wins" thingie come in, and how does it relate to our convo? I don't understand.

cowboyec

Reaction score
No, it does not. It was ripped apart and shredded. I really cannot comprehend how you're saying your point still stands after the example you provided points to the exact opposite.

MIA's only mistake so far, IMO, was taking Tua. I didn't like him as a prospect and I highly doubt if he'll take them there.

Where does the "meaningless wins" thingie come in, and how does it relate to our convo? I don't understand.
nope.
still stands.
the "meaningless wins" thingie is the whole point of the thread.
no such thing.
my point remains strong and tall.