The Cost of Momentum

kskboys

Reaction score
umm WRONG they won a lot f games down the stretch and it nearly cost them tua they were 3-3 and played to win every game the 2nd half of that season..sorry but the tank talk is debunked!!!know your facts..they even beat NE the final game.down the stretch that tanking they did the exact thing and picked 5 we just happen to pick 10th and??

might not want to use your memory and instead use the record and see they came on late to go what 3-3 down the stretch, hows that tanking an dhows that different then what we did last year? they could have played Rosen too actually tank and played fitz to the very ;last snap..not TANKING in no shape or form..as matter of fact they y they cut and traded players at the bye that ignited the winnings was nearly identical to our 2020 campain..it was not tanking they could have picked 2nd or third but ended up 5th tua fell to them by accident.

Next narrative i can bust with facts i argue they plating hard too the end helped them going into the next season NOT losing on purpose but giving them hope and confidence
That may be the worst response to any post I've ever seen.

Players keep trying. GM's tank. MIA tanked by trading away players. That's how you tank in the NFL.

For some very odd reason, there are a pile of fans on this board who don't comprehend NFL tanking. Has nothing at all to do w/ player effort. Since you are using that mistaken idea as the root of your post, it makes your post quite irrelevant.

Tanking has nothing to do w/ players playing hard. Want to try again?

cowboyec

Reaction score
No, it does not. It was ripped apart and shredded. I really cannot comprehend how you're saying your point still stands after the example you provided points to the exact opposite.

MIA's only mistake so far, IMO, was taking Tua. I didn't like him as a prospect and I highly doubt if he'll take them there.

Where does the "meaningless wins" thingie come in, and how does it relate to our convo? I don't understand.
the only thing i was wrong about was saying miami is always drafting in the top 10.
since 2010....its the top 15...with a few exceptions.
the 2 dynasties this thread lauds and applauds...miami and philly....aren't exactly stacking lombardi's with their draft brilliance.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Players keep trying. GM's tank. MIA tanked by trading away players. That's how you tank in the NFL.

For some very odd reason, there are a pile of fans on this board who don't comprehend NFL tanking. Has nothing at all to do w/ player effort. Since you are using that mistaken idea as the root of your post, it makes your post quite irrelevant.

That is true, the Eagles players didn't tank, the coaching staff did. Usually it is management that decides to tank and they don't do it by losing on purpose, they just make it nearly impossible to win. Players have 0 interest in tanking because tanking replaces players.

I was thinking Pederson was just following orders from Lurie and Roseman but then he gets fired and that's not the norm. One executes orders, one does not usually get executed.

cowboyec

Reaction score
it's not about how many picks you have.
it's about who you take with those picks.
it's about talent...not selection volume.
dolphins and eagles don't have a very good track record.

cowboyec

Reaction score
That is true, the Eagles players didn't tank, the coaching staff did. Usually it is management that decides to tank and they don't do it by losing on purpose, they just make it nearly impossible to win. Players have 0 interest in tanking because tanking replaces players.

I was thinking Pederson was just following orders from Lurie and Roseman but then he gets fired and that's not the norm. One executes orders, one does not usually get executed.
he was cursed by the statue.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll say this, if you believe in a young core and want to see them gain some confidence by finishing a season strong ala the 1990 Cowboys then I can understand it. Other than that I don't get why anyone would rather see a team like this finish 6-10 rather than 3-13. Both suck. One gives you much more capital in the offseason.

But how did the Cowboys play it? Was Gilbert on getting reps at quarterback? Nope. The guy that left town was.

How about center? Was young Tyler Biafdasz gaining valuable experience? Again, nope.

Free agent Joe Looney was in there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, it does not. It was ripped apart and shredded. I really cannot comprehend how you're saying your point still stands after the example you provided points to the exact opposite.

MIA's only mistake so far, IMO, was taking Tua. I didn't like him as a prospect and I highly doubt if he'll take them there.

Where does the "meaningless wins" thingie come in, and how does it relate to our convo? I don't understand.

Actually he is right about the "meaningless win" part. Those wins meant we dropped from 3rd to 10th.

But its obvious these type of fans are just casual cheerleaders. Not only can they not understand value in a higher pick, but they cant even understand the difference between a team tanking and a fan wanting to see them lose.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But how did the Cowboys play it? Was Gilbert on getting reps at quarterback? Nope. The guy that left town was.

How about center? Was young Tyler Biafdasz gaining valuable experience? Again, nope.

Yep and young players can play well and get good experience and we still can lose.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
As teams like the Dolphins and Eagles load up on first round draft picks due to their ability to offer premium picks for QBs....too bad they won't carry over any momentum from late wins last season that Dallas got.

Assuming facts not in evidence. You have no knowledge of what the thought process was of either team last season.

In all seriousness I was pillared for hoping the team lost to close out the season. No, our hopes don't influence what happens on the field. But I hope people now recognize the cost of a few meaningless wins.

Everyone knows the NFL draft rewards losses. We didn't need you to create a thread to explain it, Captain Obvious.

blueblood70

Reaction score

really,

id say your all of yours are terrible!

they won 3-2 done the stretch', lost to the jets game of those by 2 points..they nearly finished the season 4-1 how the flip do you say that different than what we did???????

we also got rid of players at the Bye last season and somehow won games late. Its the EXACT Scenario, it wasn't tanking because true tanking doesnt exist. Get you facts straight!!!!!!!!!!

you all are discussing how great strategy MIA did by tanking when they ABSOULTLY DID NOT..NOT EVEN CLOSE ITS THE EXACT THING WE DID ..THEY FINISHED 2-0 AND NEVER PULLED THEIR STARTING QB FOR ROSEN..AIF THEY WERE TANKIGN Rosen WOULD HAVE FINISHED THE SEASON LAST 4 GAMES AT MINIMUM.

YOU ARE SO WRONG YOU CANT ADMIT IT..EAT CROW..same with the OP ove rhere saying we shpoud,have lost more down the stretch like other teams , um other teams you are discussing didnt not do that..LIES to support false narratives..

blueblood70

Reaction score

Rosen and many of MIA backups also did not get VALUAB:LE reps..bunch of malarkey..MIA played Fitz to the end he was the better QB on the roster and they didnt not tank they went 3-2 nearly 4-1 downs the stretch, finished 2-0 and beat NE!! sorry Charlie tanking is fan term..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rosen and many of MIA backups also did not get VALUAB:LE reps..bunch of malarkey..MIA played Fitz to the end he was the better QB on the roster and they didnt not tank they went 3-2 nearly 4-1 downs the stretch, finished 2-0 and beat NE!! sorry Charlie tanking is fan term..

Tell yourself whatever you need to Homer Simpson.

Your act is hysterical!
:laugh:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If you cant understand the simple concept of draft capital, value, and picking higher then you have no business in any football or sports conversation for that matter.

The two teams you mentioned the Jags and Bengals have had a lack of success because despite their high picks they whiffed on all the QB picks.

If you dont have a QB, you dont have diddly. Something you havent learned yet obviously. Also, drafting a great QB is difficult even when you pick high. Crap shoot. ANOTHER thing you obviously havent learned.
OK, Richard, the anonymous clown on keyboard.

Smashin222

Reaction score
If we had lost two more games last season we would have been at #3.
I got yelled at and called a ******* for posting this back when we won those games.

It's like trading 2 firsts and a third for a QB to play out the rest of the year for you and win you 2 extra games.

Nobody would do that in a million years but Cowboys fans were all for it apparently.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I got yelled at and called a ******* for posting this back when we won those games.

It's like trading 2 firsts and a third for a QB to play out the rest of the year for you and win you 2 extra games.

Nobody would do that in a million years but Cowboys fans were all for it apparently.

Yep. Some assume that it means you have to try to lose but you don't. They could have released Dalton when he got hurt and played all the young kids to do it naturally. I guess there are many here who are not baseball or basketball fans and don't understand how to tank without telling players to try to lose.

fivetwos

Reaction score

It goes beyond that.

A team that uses the draft to build nearly exclusively, their 4th and 5th round picks barely suited up.

I don't doubt for a second that instruction was coming from above to get that home playoff game revenue instead of trust rookies.

Edit.....I guess it isn't every season a team is teetering between a home playoff game and compete disaster, but they should have seen more of certain guys than they did.

Its not hindsight either and thats the frustrating part.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tell yourself whatever you need to Homer Simpson.

Your act is hysterical!
:laugh:

Miami didnt tank! you cant argue that they finished 3-2, 2 points from being 4-1 hmm same thing we did..hmm odd isnt it..

in fact won more games down the stretch then us

keep trying yours is an act.

while mine is reality of sports..no one truly tanks on purpose..you are either that bad or not..if MIA tanked they would have picked 2nd not 5th..period

end of this debate ..

its ignorant to ask a team, a coach, and players to lose on purpose,.,.its not real, never been thing never will be..

Smashin222

Reaction score
Yep. Some assume that it means you have to try to lose but you don't. They could have released Dalton when he got hurt and played all the young kids to do it naturally. I guess there are many here who are not baseball or basketball fans and don't understand how to tank without telling players to try to lose.

Yup! Start Dinucci even when Dalton comes back and presto, you own San Francisco's first rounder for the next 3 years.