The Cowboys are 3 players away

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What may constitute a positive or negative of said titleholder in my opinion may vastly differ from your view so let's accept that on face value alone.

And today, just allow this wonderful forum of sharing free speech opinions to continue without personal attacks given.

A matter of freedoms that I tried fighting pretty hard to ensure for this country in foreign
countries who were brainwashed to hating all Americans for well past 20 years.

Everybody's got em. And entitled to em. We can just leave it at that :)

Go Cowboys

Wait so you don't have any years that you are referencing where we had poor performance from all three levels? No attacks have been thrown, questions have been asked.

If you want to retract your initial statement then by all means, go ahead! You're absolutely allowed to.

fivetwos

Reaction score
How about giving MMc at least a few games as HC before judging the Cowboys to be 3 players away?

For @10 seasons, Jason Garrett was always 2-3-4 or however many players away. MMc ain’t Garrett.
Right, and just maybe if the scheme lent anything toward overcoming a deficiency or two personnel wise, and/or taking advantage of that of the opponent, we wouldnt need a top of the line player at every position.

When its line up and beat your man, you're in trouble if you dont.

Funny thing is, they actually were able to collect a good amount of very good players, but Jerry's puppet did less with more than any coach I've ever seen in any sport.

What a complete waste.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Prescott extension gives us more space. Plus I believe there are still ways to make space even if we dont cut Crawford.

Dak's deal saves 10MM, probably more. They can restructure DLaw, Martin and Tyron for another 30 Million if they really want to do it. They can create all the money they want, but I don't see them doing it for anyone left on the market.

I'd like to see a TE upgrade, but clearly they want to see what Jarwin does under McCarthy before they throw money at someone else.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Exactly. Although, as soon as Dak signs his huge deal, he’ll start getting the blame for real. Until the McCarthy honeymoon ends, and then it will be the coach again getting most of the blame, and it’ll be MM who wasted Dak’s prime seasons. And then we’ll get a new HC or a new QB and things will be great...for a few weeks.

BUT HE HAS NO POCKET AWARENESS!!!!

Oh, sorry, that was two years ago. Forget I said that.

dallasdave

Reaction score
46evqp.gif
Just need 3 players and a dose of Puttyism and the Super Bowl win is in for the Cowboys.

aria

Reaction score
We’ve allegedly been 2-3 players away for the past twenty years. People were talking Super Bowl before Clowney or Adams were even in the picture so why waste the money? Allegedly we’re already loaded with talent.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We certainly could use the help on defense. Not sure if Clowny is worth anywhere close to 20 million, the fact most teams aren't willing to pay shows they agree but at the right price he could help us. Adams would help but not for the price we'd have to pay. I hope we can see some real blue-white scrimmages this offseason to get guys ready for a real game.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I do and rightfully so.

My longstanding opinion of NFL team success is based on optimum job performance by the HC, starting QB and GM.

If one of the 3 are poor at their jobs I believe it will be quite challenging to achieve Super Bowl wins.

If 2 or more are poor at their jobs, even more so and in the recent case of this team all 3...

Impossible to win that way in my view.

Just my take though.
I can respect that. I think we've been lacking all 3 since the 90s.

75boyz

Reaction score
I can respect that. I think we've been lacking all 3 since the 90s.

Me too but be careful with your opinion. There are certain hall pass monitors around here that will require a detailed explanation.

I mean, go figure. A difference of opinion on an internet and if yours don't properly align with the class favorites, You might get personally criticized all in the name of "his opinion is righter than yours because..."

Fun Times Bro. Again, I appreciate your post.

conner01

Reaction score
We’ve allegedly been 2-3 players away for the past twenty years. People were talking Super Bowl before Clowney or Adams were even in the picture so why waste the money? Allegedly we’re already loaded with talent.
Half the league thinks they are 2-3 players away

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And two are available right now. Clowney and Jamal Adams would really raise the talent on defense. Clowney , Aldon Smith, and Gregory would be a great rotation at RDE and Lawrence, Crawford, and Armstrong would be solid at LDE. I’ve felt that the back end of our defense has missed an alpha for the last couple seasons. And getting Jamal Adams would be that missing guy. He’s an excellent leader on the field , and raises the play of other around him. He’s excellent In Run support.

The only question I’d have is TE. Yes jarwin has some good potential but he’s a questionable blocker at best. If you look at the top 3 teams in the league last season they had the best TE play. KC, SF, and Baltimore were stacked and talented at TE. Their TE’s are also excellent blockers. When I studied their run game, I noticed that their TE’s were so good they were able to take on DE’s leaving extra OL to get to the 2nd level. This has been a big problem for Dallas since letting Swaim go and Hannah retiring. They were excellent 2nd level blockers! Maybe Blake Bell helps in that area ?!

if they got Clowney , Adams, and Bell/jarwin step it up, there’s no question in my mind the Cowboys would go to the Super Bowl this season.

With great coaching, they are already contenders. With Adams and Clowney, yah, then you are talking favorites.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And two are available right now. Clowney and Jamal Adams would really raise the talent on defense. Clowney , Aldon Smith, and Gregory would be a great rotation at RDE and Lawrence, Crawford, and Armstrong would be solid at LDE. I’ve felt that the back end of our defense has missed an alpha for the last couple seasons. And getting Jamal Adams would be that missing guy. He’s an excellent leader on the field , and raises the play of other around him. He’s excellent In Run support.

The only question I’d have is TE. Yes jarwin has some good potential but he’s a questionable blocker at best. If you look at the top 3 teams in the league last season they had the best TE play. KC, SF, and Baltimore were stacked and talented at TE. Their TE’s are also excellent blockers. When I studied their run game, I noticed that their TE’s were so good they were able to take on DE’s leaving extra OL to get to the 2nd level. This has been a big problem for Dallas since letting Swaim go and Hannah retiring. They were excellent 2nd level blockers! Maybe Blake Bell helps in that area ?!

if they got Clowney , Adams, and Bell/jarwin step it up, there’s no question in my mind the Cowboys would go to the Super Bowl this season.

A majority of fans always think their team is a few Big Name players away from greatness.

The #1 reason Jerry failed in many trades and free agent moves was because he operated on the "just X players away" theory.

They've moved away from that with Stephen Jones making the majority of those decisions now. Let's not encourage that mentality to return.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I think you are just trying to build an all star team, which in this day and age of NFL is almost impossible....I don't think we are 3 players away, I would say we are 1 player away to seriously compete, 2 players to be dominant. the RDE is a big question mark, but I don't think clowney is the answer. he has been often injured and way underwhelmed when he played. if he plays for 10M, then I am in, but he is asking in the 16-20 range and I am not buying that.

Jamal adams will make defense better, but by himself without RDE is not going to make us competitive. he is icing on the defensive cake.
same for a TE a good TE would be icing on the offensive cake.