The Cowboys Are Averaging Just 5 Yards Per Play This Season. The 2nd Lowest Efficiency Over The Last 20 Years

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Henry solves a lot of these issues. Pollard is not a North south runner. And the fact the FO thought he was is scary.

MM needs to incorporate more stretch, counter, and misdirection runs.
we don't have that kind of time to do something simple, they're working on more slant routes for gallup out of the back field or in the slot

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There's basically no running game. Hell, we are one-dimensional for the game to even start. Now that might work your Rodgers, Mahomes and a couple of others but NOT Dak. It's one of the main reasons we are struggling in the red zone. Teams give us yards up and down the field and easily tighten things up in the red zone cuz we can't run the ball.

phildadon86

Reaction score
There's basically no running game. Hell, we are one-dimensional for the game to even start. Now that might work your Rodgers, Mahomes and a couple of others but NOT Dak. It's one of the main reasons we are struggling in the red zone. Teams give us yards up and down the field and easily tighten things up in the red zone cuz we can't run the ball.
Derrick Henry!

phildadon86

Reaction score
Henry is not going to fix the run game himself if the OL continues to struggle. Would be a meaningless move and waste of draft capital.

Trust me I'm all for bringing him in if the OL wasn't struggling big time
See this is where my mind goes with this.

Pollard is missing Zeke. Regardless of your opinion of Zeke its the truth. Pollard was never a lead back. The FO failed miserably this off-season in that regard. And also drafting a TE in round 2 instead of the OL staring them in the face.

Henry comes in. Immediately fixes the red zone running issues, and also hammers the defense allowing Pollard to do what he does best. Change the pace.

What needs to happen is a complete overhaul of the run game. I am tired of seeing Pollard hitting the A gap lol. Hes not built like that.

jgboys1

Reaction score

Well we all know it ain;t because of Dak! Its those stupid offensive coordinators and bad offensive line issues and WR who can not separate or aren't big enough or that bone head head coach of ours. The front office who hasn't given Dak enough talent to work with. I know there are more reasons, but these are the only ones I can think of right now.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score

Pollard is missing Zeke. Regardless of your opinion of Zeke its the truth. Pollard was never a lead back. The FO failed miserably this off-season in that regard. And also drafting a TE in round 2 instead of the OL staring them in the face.

Henry comes in. Immediately fixes the red zone running issues, and also hammers the defense allowing Pollard to do what he does best. Change the pace.

What needs to happen is a complete overhaul of the run game. I am tired of seeing Pollard hitting the A gap lol. Hes not built like that.

This, Zeke worked the inside of the D, battered them to death and then Pollard came in and did his thing and popped some and people got happy and say he needed to be the lead back. We say this same Lifetime movie several years ago and the outcome.

Redline360

Reaction score

Pollard doesn't need to be a lead back so to speak. In today's day and age vast majority if teams run a good 1-2 or even 1-2-3 punch. The CMC and Henry's would be a dieing breed.

But yes Henry/Pollard would be better then Pollard/dowdell obviously.

Pollard did just fine when Zeke was injured but he was utilized to his strengths unlike now. If you want an up the middle back for 2 yard gains every now and a change of pace back go get someone dirt cheap. Zeke provided nothing towards the end that couldn't be replaced by a JAG and his blocking which was a huge bonus at one point took a big dip also. Pollard graded out better and has improved tons in that regards.

It's all the OL, scheme and not using Pollard correctly