The Cowboys are crazy

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Sabu1 said:
LOL...yeah, Oilerman. Shouldn't you be on a Titan board talking about how Bud Adams and Floyd Reese completely botched Tennessee's salary cap? After all of Dallas' "wild spending", the Cowboys look to be $10 mil under the cap. Talk to us after Tennessee adds a quality free agent. Oh wait, I guess that won't be anytime soon, will it?

The AP said in an article that came out an hour ago that with Dallas's 5 signings (counting Drew) that there was still $5 mill left and that was counting having money to pay the draftees and paying the retained free agents.

Money wise we are still in high cotton. (%

CaptainComeback

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
My point is get your head out of your arse and quit living in the past. Just be glad we were in the NFC which was just as weak then as it is now. Oakland, Miami,San Diego, Pittsburg, Houston. There's a reason Pittsburg kicked our butts in the Super Bowls. They actually had to beat somebody to get there. Now, what's your point? Blind homers. :rolleyes:

We're living in the past but you are talking about SBs played in the 70's? For the record: the last time Dallas met Pitt in a SB, Dallas cracked the Steelers 27-17.

cwbys4evr

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
I'm not crying, I'm laughing

I'm laughing too. Cause your LOSER team is no longer around. Are you a sorry @** Texans fan or a sorry @** Titans fan.

Huge

Reaction score
Anthony Henry - 5 years, $25 million, $10 million bonus
Jason Ferguson - 5 years, $21.5 million, $9 million bonus
Marco Rivera - 5 years, ????, $9 million bonus

Henry is only 28 and many feel his better years are ahead of him.
Ferguson was worth the money because of the importance of his role and how well he can fill it.
Rivera has been to 2 of the last 3 Pro Bowls.

I'm curious, which of these do you consider to be completely stupid deals?

You'd have come off a lot better if you stated giving $700K to Lynn Scott was stupid. That I'd agree with.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
My point is get your head out of your arse and quit living in the past. Just be glad we were in the NFC which was just as weak then as it is now. Oakland, Miami,San Diego, Pittsburg, Houston. There's a reason Pittsburg kicked our butts in the Super Bowls. They actually had to beat somebody to get there. Now, what's your point? Blind homers. :rolleyes:
That was one stretch in the history of both franchises.
Not really saying much.

Dallas has won 5 super bowls BESIDES the losses to Pittsburgh.
How mnay have the Oilers won?????

Get a friggin grip already.

See Philly's Lombardi case? They bught it from Houston when they moved to Tennessee and haven't needed to dust it off yet.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Look I know most people are going to be happy no matter what and a Dallas fan is going to be glad no matter who is signed and how much money is spent.

But the money the Cowboys are spending on these free agents is laughable. This looks like Dan Snyder.

Bledoe, Ferguson, Henry and now Riverea.

Bledsoe was cheap I'll give the Cowboys and that and Ferguson is a good player and you need a solid NT for the 3-4.

But 11 mill up front for Herny and 9 mill for a 33yr old guard is completely stupid.

Nice attempt at smack, but rather short on reality... for example, Pat Williams just got more than Ferguson did on his deal... and Ken Lucas just got a FIFTEEN million dollar signing bonus... viewed through that prism, the deals for Ferguson and Henry look quite reasonable, actually...

As for Rivera, even at 33 he's been in the Pro Bowl the last 3 years... in fact, he is generally considered one of the best guards in the game...

Your problem seems to be that you don't recognize the salary structure in the NFL these days...