The Cowboys are crazy

jimmy40

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
lombardi trophy count would be unaffected. what's your point?
My point is get your head out of your arse and quit living in the past. Just be glad we were in the NFC which was just as weak then as it is now. Oakland, Miami,San Diego, Pittsburg, Houston. There's a reason Pittsburg kicked our butts in the Super Bowls. They actually had to beat somebody to get there. Now, what's your point? Blind homers. :rolleyes:

jimmy40

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Man I miss the days of the Houston Oilers, getting embarrassed by Jerry Glanville, the Run-N-Shoot, Ryan punching Gilbride in a nationally televised game, choking against Buffalo (A Bills fan had the best sign in a MNF game the following year "Hey Houston, we'll spot you 32 points")

*Wiping a tear from the eye* Ahh yes, good memories.
I miss the Oilers too, Earl Cambell, the toughest SOB to ever play the game, Billy White Shoes Johnson, Kenny Burrough, Dan Pastorini, the flak jacket, Elvin Bethea. Too bad they weren't in the NFC back then. Might have had three or four Super Bowl trophys for Texas teams.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I miss the Oilers too, Earl Cambell, the toughest SOB to ever play the game, Billy White Shoes Johnson, Kenny Burrough, Dan Pastorini, the flak jacket, Elvin Bethea. Too bad they weren't in the NFC back then. Might have had three or four Super Bowl trophys for Texas teams.
I seriously doubt that. If they got past us (which they wouldn't) they would lose to the steelers. You call us homers, I call youa pessimist who tries to hard to bash the team.

I would take 5 sb's over excuses...but that is just me...

Cowboys Dad

Reaction score
Asklesko said:
They grossly overpaid for the CB, but other than that, the rest of the signings look decent and justifiable.

And take a few minutes to research what you are blathering on about (admins please dont delete this youll see the reason for the title) Dont stay away too long because Im sure the mods would concur that your opinion and that of us all is what drives this site. But you gotta take a look before you unequivocally state on the record that Henry isnt worth the money. Ill tell you what I see.

First I have done enough research on this kid to write a thesis about him. The single biggest remark that is made about him is that he has an uncanny knack for finding the ball and making a play on it. This kid is going to make many of you eat alot of your words that you posted here. He is a top notch corner he has only one problem.

Second, his name is Anthony Henry, and most of you dont know him and thats because he toiled in Cleveland which most of you wouldnt have nor take the time to watch play even under the guise of reviewing players.

Third, his name is Anthony Henry, its not Ty Law or Fred Smoot or Samari Rolle so according to the research hounds that you are hes not a top corner. Of course your research entails reading one writers opinion of him and immediately assuming that position on him.

Lastly, his name is Anthony Henry, heck any guy with two first names is just some pedestrian loser who is getting overpaid and we were stupid to sign him at all, much less for that kind of money, and even worse he was our first free agent signed. Just a travesty.

His name is Anthony Henry, and for alot of you talking about what a terrible thing it is that he is here and Ty Law or Fred Smoot isnt, hes gonna make you cry. Hes also gonna make you eat your words. He has unteachable skills, discipline and attitude in attacking players who have the ball. I am on record as saying that he will be the guy that everyone remembers from this signing period for Dallas. Not at all to slight the other two fine players that are staying in Dallas. This kid is just right for the position, hes big strong and low maitenance, hell be ready to play, hell do his job, and hell be a consumate teammate, and hell go to the pro bowl! His name is Anthony Henry! Dang glad to say it too!

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

Yup - would love to have seen your run-n-shoot go against Buddy Ryan and Seth Joyner twice a year. Ernest Givens would have begged for a trade out of the NFC East

baj1dallas

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Yea I was laughing last year when the Cowboys signed Testeverde, Eddie George and Marcelus wiley.

Most people on this forum was acting like those were great signings as well.

We'll see I guess.

lol, now we know you're full of it. Nobody thought those were great signings. A lot of people thought cutting QC was a great move. Almost nobody liked George. Nobody thought signing Wiley was great either, they were just glad to see "Ekubust" gone.

Good luck with your future trolls. Keep practicing.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Who cares if other teams also overpaid free agents? It happens every year. People on these boards made fun of the Commanders last year.

As for the Titans, yea they've had some serious losses in Mason and Rolle but if everyones healthy I'll take the Titans roster over the Cowboys in a heart beat.

:lmao2:

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Dont worry about what Oily-twatan says. He's just a disgruntalled 50 year old living in his mom's basement, constantly watching and rewinding the Tittans loss in the superbowl with a box of kleenex and a jar of vaseline. Quick!! Hide everything Oily, I think your mom is coming down the stairs!!!

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
So according to that article, if you sign any free agent, you spent too much. That's the jist of it.

fortdick

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
But 11 mill up front for Herny and 9 mill for a 33yr old guard is completely stupid.

What am I missing? Did Rivera commit? I am losing my Giddy! Got to know soon!

Meet Bob. Bob is doing well! He has his Giddy!

Mash

Reaction score
Oily is a good poster.....he just likes stirring the pot a little...

There is no doubt we overspent on these good players. None of them are franchise players. We had the money and we spent it.

Am I happy that we overpayed.....no.....but its better then sitting on our hands.

When Parcells came on board and stated "I'm too old too lose" then we should of expected that this team will not be in the rebuilding mold or spend time developing players. Parcell doesn't trust young players. Vets....especially "his boys" will always get playing time.

What Parcells is doing is trying to make us a winning club....but not necessarily a SB team..... but at the same time not put us in cap hell when he leaves in two years.

I was hoping for a rebuilding faze.....good drafts and have the likes of a player like Henson earn his stripes, it won't happen with Parcell......Parcell likes vets......he is the Pat Quin of the NHL.

These signings are built for the next two years....nothing more. Bill rather be 9-6 or 8-8 then 5-11 and having young experienced players playing.

This of course is just MHO

ndanger

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Don't chickens get '"mights" on their a$$es. Didn't the oilers even have to steal their team fight song or whatever from another team...........Losers :cool:

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Mash said:
These signings are built for the next two years....nothing more. Bill rather be 9-6 or 8-8 then 5-11 and having young experienced players playing.

This is the key. I dont think you can say we overpaid. If these guys dont work out, even though I believe they will, these deals make it easy on the cap to release them after a couple years. If you look at what others are getting, I really dont think these deals are bad at all.

ndanger

Reaction score
Cowboys Dad said:
And take a few minutes to research what you are blathering on about (admins please dont delete this youll see the reason for the title) Dont stay away too long because Im sure the mods would concur that your opinion and that of us all is what drives this site. But you gotta take a look before you unequivocally state on the record that Henry isnt worth the money. Ill tell you what I see.

First I have done enough research on this kid to write a thesis about him. The single biggest remark that is made about him is that he has an uncanny knack for finding the ball and making a play on it. This kid is going to make many of you eat alot of your words that you posted here. He is a top notch corner he has only one problem.

Second, his name is Anthony Henry, and most of you dont know him and thats because he toiled in Cleveland which most of you wouldnt have nor take the time to watch play even under the guise of reviewing players.

Third, his name is Anthony Henry, its not Ty Law or Fred Smoot or Samari Rolle so according to the research hounds that you are hes not a top corner. Of course your research entails reading one writers opinion of him and immediately assuming that position on him.

Lastly, his name is Anthony Henry, heck any guy with two first names is just some pedestrian loser who is getting overpaid and we were stupid to sign him at all, much less for that kind of money, and even worse he was our first free agent signed. Just a travesty.

His name is Anthony Henry, and for alot of you talking about what a terrible thing it is that he is here and Ty Law or Fred Smoot isnt, hes gonna make you cry. Hes also gonna make you eat your words. He has unteachable skills, discipline and attitude in attacking players who have the ball. I am on record as saying that he will be the guy that everyone remembers from this signing period for Dallas. Not at all to slight the other two fine players that are staying in Dallas. This kid is just right for the position, hes big strong and low maitenance, hell be ready to play, hell do his job, and hell be a consumate teammate, and hell go to the pro bowl! His name is Anthony Henry! Dang glad to say it too!
Nice post there Dad Thank you. Where are all these guys coming from today anyway? :confused:

gbrittain

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

So your an Oiler fan now? Nice...

CaptainComeback

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Who cares if other teams also overpaid free agents? It happens every year. People on these boards made fun of the Commanders last year.

As for the Titans, yea they've had some serious losses in Mason and Rolle but if everyones healthy I'll take the Titans roster over the Cowboys in a heart beat.

And we'll take 5 Super Bowls over the none that the Oilers/Tits have won.

CaptainComeback

Reaction score
VACowboy said:
Maybe some of your confusion comes from the fact that your team doesn't have to worry about overpaying anybody.

They've done a great job of overpaying people in the past...and now they are paying for it, again....with no Lombardis to show for their trouble, either.

F@!#?ing Losers.