The Cowboys are expected to hire Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Good hire. Focuses on stopping the run, has lots of pressure packages, does not coddle players.

Something tells me there would be pages and pages of complaints here no matter who the Cowboys picked anyway. Aden Durde would have been maintaining the status quo, Ron Rivera is a retread whose defense in Washington was horrible last year, Rex Ryan would be no better than Rob Ryan here, who the heck is Marquand Manuel.......................

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well at least they swung for the fences.
200w.gif

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We are going all in Cowboy fans!

hires almost 70 year old mike Zimmer who has not coached in almost 3 years.

Jeebus

The well respected Mike Spagnola is 64. Plus Zim has been working as a consultant for Prime so it’s not like he’s been like out of the game. For what we have going on this year in a lame duck probably with a lot of turnover coming to the roster, I think it’s at the very least a decent hire.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not excited about Zimmer. First time I can remember Jerry hiring a DC that he fired. I can’t think of anyone he fired that he brought back.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
With him here, he will minimal input
I don't care if he has input or not. Fix the defense and stop relying on rookies. That's why I'm not even following the draft this year. Has nothing to do with dallas if we're supposed contenders. I'm done with this team begging rookies to save us