The Cowboys are expected to hire Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator

Aven8

Reaction score
Hey at least when Zimmer told them in his interview that he watched every one of our defensive plays last year I actually believe him. He is a details guy and honestly a switch to the 3-4 at this stage was too much to ask at this point.

Any way you can link the article for free?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He is a good coach ......... he was also the safest, easiest, most predictable choice Jerry could have made after saying the Cowboys are going all in.

I always respected Zim and pulled for him when he left. Obviously going to pull for him more now, but I’m hoping that he incorporates his style with Harris’s defensive backs style, if he can this defense can be very good barring they get some more talent on it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean if I can try to find some sort of silver lining here, he seems to like having good LBs and DTs.

Other than that, I got nothing.

PS - I am with the others that said Zimmer was their guy all along. Jerry likes comfortable and Zimmer is comfortable for him. The rest of this was a dog and pony show from Jerry thinking we'd all buy his extensive process. Jerry thinks we are dumb.
Since Jimmy left, other than Parcells, Jerry always hires coaches for his personal comfort not necessarily to hire the best coach for the team’s needs.

In fairness to JJ, we don’t know if they wanted to hire someone with more upside but because of Big Mac’s lame duck status couldn’t attract someone like that. I doubt it. But we don’t know for sure.

Again, I wish Zim well. This just feels like another sequel to a movie we’ve seen before.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don’t believe the cowboys saying they have no commitment. I believe maybe the cowboys are disappointed about it leaking but don’t believe it won’t ultimately be Zimmer

Aven8

Reaction score
Since Jimmy left, other than Parcells, Jerry always hires coaches for his personal comfort not necessarily to hire the best coach for the team’s needs.

In fairness to JJ, we don’t know if they wanted to hire someone with more upside but because of Big Mac’s lame duck status couldn’t attract someone like that. I doubt it. But we don’t know for sure.

Again, I wish Zim well. This just feels like another sequel to a movie we’ve seen before.
I will say Bob, that he did grow when he left us. Although he wasn’t the DC in Minny per se his D did evolve from the Campo style etc.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I'm not buying the whole interview process. Zimmer was their guy as soon as they called and Zimmer expressed his interest. Done deal.
Yes. They were focused on putting one over on The Zone.

Spent nearly a week interviewing other candidates, wasting everyone’s time.

But they got us!

Mission accomplished.

Reactions: JPM

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
tenor.gif

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Everyone that agrees with this hire....wants to see us fail. They love this idea. Sadly.....we are gonna be right back looking for another coordinator in 2 or 3 seasons.

Nice job Bozo......keep the revolving door of coaches going. :banghead:
Using this logic, everyone disagreeing with the hire wants to see the Cowboys fail too. Because that would prove them correct.

Zimmer is who the Cowboys have and out of all the people they interviewed he was by far and away the best option. Will it work out? I don't know.

But I don't want the Cowboys to fail just because I think Zimmer will do a good job either.