The Cowboys are expected to hire Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator

Zordon

Reaction score
I'm already in my sprinters stance to dip on these bozos like @Philmonroe they can play if they want to. I better see some signs and trades
Hey at least when Zimmer told them in his interview that he watched every one of our defensive plays last year I actually believe him. He is a details guy and honestly a switch to the 3-4 at this stage was too much to ask at this point.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I hope he leaves Al Harris alone. My biggest pet peeve was his insistence on CB technique so our guys would end up standing next to WRs while they caught ball after ball because they never were able to play the ball.
If it's one thing I've learned about Jerry hires......his defensive coaches better have their CBs play 10 yards off the ball.......and not have a clue where the ball is.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The well respected Mike Spagnola is 64. Plus Zim has been working as a consultant for Prime so it’s not like he’s been like out of the game. For what we have going on this year in a lame duck probably with a lot of turnover coming to the roster, I think it’s at the very least a decent hire.
He is a good coach ......... he was also the safest, easiest, most predictable choice Jerry could have made after saying the Cowboys are going all in.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey at least when Zimmer told them in his interview that he watched every one of our defensive plays last year I actually believe him. He is a details guy and honestly a switch to the 3-4 at this stage was too much to ask at this point.

So no 3-4?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Everyone that agrees with this hire....wants to see us fail. They love this idea. Sadly.....we are gonna be right back looking for another coordinator in 2 or 3 seasons.

Nice job Bozo......keep the revolving door of coaches going. :banghead:

Big_D

Reaction score
Does all in mean they can go further than the wild card round? That's the place to start and I think he's certainly capable of that.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is when the chickens will come home to roost and show what is really up with this team and owner since supposedly he is all in. If he and the family are on the yacht vacationing the first week of FA, nothing has changed.
They can be here and nothing happens