The Cowboy's cap projection over the next 3 years

ClintDagger

Reaction score
As much as I think the Jones boys deserve the heat they are getting for this dumpster fire, I don’t think they are being disingenuous about the cap. I do think they have that money earmarked for current guys they intend to keep. To me the discussion shouldn’t be that we have free cap space and are hoarding it, it should be about why are we resigning guys like Dak/Lamb/Parsons that have shown they will wilt or disappear when it matters most? You’re giving players your cornerstone contracts knowing they can’t deliver.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
As much as I think the Jones boys deserve the heat they are getting for this dumpster fire, I don’t think they are being disingenuous about the cap. I do think they have that money earmarked for current guys they intend to keep. To me the discussion shouldn’t be that we have free cap space and are hoarding it, it should be about why are we resigning guys like Dak/Lamb/Parsons that have shown they will wilt or disappear when it matters most? You’re giving players your cornerstone contracts knowing they can’t deliver.
They are using the draft to do a mini rebuild.

2025 draft needs to hit.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
29 million with 20 to push over to next year, possible cuts if we wanted too Steele post June would be 13 million, Wilson and hooker could be cuts, could save alot of money
I think you are right about Steele.

which means we gotta get a RT in the draft.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
UKU2SCAFOMQK7OCAQ4WDQBEX4Q.jpg
Gonna give Dak a raise...

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Correct,
An NFL GM takes a certain skill set that many don't possess.
Nothing wrong with that.
A man has to know his limitations.
I think after 28 straight years of no NFCCG appearances, we can safely conclude that Jerry does not have what it takes to be a professional GM.

The GM doesn’t take the field. Epic failures of teams that had the talent to advance to the Championship Game or the SB are present in both conferences. The GM didn’t create the game plan, call the plays, throw INTs, miss tackles, allow receptions on 3rd and a mile, etc.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I absolutely reject the claim that Jethro and company are blameless for our playoff disasters
you cannot say they are responsible for season success and then claim they have nothing to do with playoff failures

I absolutely can. If there’s no regular season success, there’s no chance at playoff success. The GM and staff put personnel and coaches on the field, they don’t play the game. ‘Failures’ like allowing the Rodgers 3rd down conversion in the playoffs, the Dez non-catch, etc. aren’t GM failures.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I absolutely can. If there’s no regular season success, there’s no chance at playoff success. The GM and staff put personnel and coaches on the field, they don’t play the game. ‘Failures’ like allowing the Rodgers 3rd down conversion in the playoffs, the Dez non-catch, etc. aren’t GM failures.
Derrik Henry lives 18 miles from ATT stadium and signed for $8 a year with the Ravens............Cowboys could have had him at $6 a year, but the GM didnt even bother giving him a call.

I dam sure blame the GM for that.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
You think the Jones’ have put the personnel in place to win but the proof is in the pudding’!! Not one appearance in a NFC Championship let alone a Super Bowl appearance come this February in 29 seasons! Let that sink in for a while! IT IS COMPLETELY JERRY’S FAULT!

You’re entitled to your incorrect beliefs. Might help to learn a little more about football first, though.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
You’re entitled to your incorrect beliefs. Might help to learn a little more about football first, though.
Miss Jones running around every thread trying to big Jerry up.

You are the last one left.. turn out the light on your way out.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
This number doesn’t include any possible restructures for Dak, Ceedee, or an extension for Micah which would lower his cap hit next year.

The Cowboys could have 150 million in cap space next year if they want to.
Why in the world would we do that. How has kicking the can down the road worked for us so far? Do you really think Dak's and Ceedee's play has been good enough to warrant paying for them 2-3 years after they are gone? The biggest mistake for the last few years (and they've made a few) is paying those two like they were actually the best in the league. They aren't and now the team has even less money to compete with other teams for quality players.

Swagger

Reaction score
They’re going to overpay the crap out of him like everyone else does for QBs.
If they do then their window is over like every other team who significantly overpays for an average starting NFL QB and a window opens for a team like Washington with a very good QB on a rookie contract and a quality Head Coach...who the Cowboys handed to them.

ben24

Reaction score
Is the point of this thread meant to be that we have a lot of cap space to spend? Cause those numbers suggest we're one of the worst off teams in terms of cap space, and that doesn't even factor in that we have a much lower than average percentage of our team signed up for the next few years. Our problem is not that we don't spend enough in free agency, it's that we massively overpay our own talent.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Why in the world would we do that. How has kicking the can down the road worked for us so far? Do you really think Dak's and Ceedee's play has been good enough to warrant paying for them 2-3 years after they are gone? The biggest mistake for the last few years (and they've made a few) is paying those two like they were actually the best in the league. They aren't and now the team has even less money to compete with other teams for quality players.

Well the problem is, if they aren’t worth restructuring to try and win. The cowboys shouldn’t have signed them in the first place.

So guess what. The Cowboys aren’t winning crap for the next few seasons.

But don’t get mad at me. I didn’t sign Dak.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The GM doesn’t take the field. Epic failures of teams that had the talent to advance to the Championship Game or the SB are present in both conferences. The GM didn’t create the game plan, call the plays, throw INTs, miss tackles, allow receptions on 3rd and a mile, etc.
Most important position in the organization.