The Cowboys complaining about penalties is embarrassing

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Agree 100%.

They were dominated from the opening kickoff to the final gun. This team is not even in the same class as the Cards. The game revealed just how bad the NFC East is that we ran away with this division.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
what id really love is some famous person… who has a lot of followers in social media to do a one week boycott of the nfl. Watch how fast the nfl would change things.

Get Kim K. or a Jenner on the digital line. Make sure you send them a picture making duck lips or they'll ignore your pleas, lol.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Couldn't kick field goals. Couldnt hit open recievers. Couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Couldn't or wouldn't run the ball.

Reasons.
Yet....everytime we got momentum going....there was a flag to either keep a Cardinals drive alive or one against us to kill momentum....you just can't wash this away because it's inconvenient. The NFL has an agenda....has for a long time. It's going to take new leadership in the league office....because Goodell is the root of the problem.

visionary

Reaction score
Mindset comes from your leader

Dak is the leader of this team

a real leader would tell his team to stop complaining and work on improving themselves

you can figure the rest yourself

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that players complaining about the refs is embarrassing. Fans complain about that all the time too but that’s ok for fans. When players act like they lost because of the refs, they act like losers.

If I was Big Mac, today at my presser, I would make a point publicly to say we did not lose that game because of some bad calls. If excuses are tolerated they will always be available. Accountability is more important than excuses.

Big Mac should say publicly, “We lost because we got outplayed and out coached”.

Last edited:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
25 years of rollercoaster mentality that is known for this cowboys team where we get up for one team and play down with next, where it is always just a process, sometimes it is coaching and sometimes it is players.

the talent, and coaching staff we have now seems to be some of the best we have had (is that saying much? Idk yet but hopeful anyway) so now we will roll it off as refs are the reason rather than try something different for a change like getting up for every single game, every opponent as if they spoke bad about their mommas if you catch my drift. Don't pay any attention to their records. Play them all as if they were Tom Brady's team.
Start early & Don't let up,Be aggressive, no mercy.
Would like to some year watch this team play with same consistency ALL year rather than the usual thinking they should win by showing up on occasion.

Anyways, now that I let out some of my fustrations, I will get off my soap box

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I'm sure the other NFL teams are laughing at the Cowboys blaming the officiating for their loss.
Yeah they made a difference but overall, good teams don't put their team in position to have penalties affect the outcome.
We are SOFT. What else needs to be said

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Nope. The NFL should be embarrashed. They have the worst officials in any sports. Dallas game or not. Flags on every damn play! Go get Direc TV the ticket and surf games. Every game nearly you are shaking your head about calls.

starfan1

Reaction score
I mean i agree in fact there really was only one that i would question and thats the Lael Collins hold on the Pollard run. Otherwise they all were pretty much correct. they are a very undisciplined team and they arent good enough on either side of the ball to not be executing. Quit whining and play better although it would have been nice to have that timeout in pocket at the end. and the kearse dropped pick in the end zone was also huge

Missed Fg
Dropped pick
Dak fumble
lets see thats 9 points there at least.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are times when I think the officials are doing too much and may play a small role in why a team may lose.

They had an argument for the Raiders game.

They don't for yesterday's game.

In the grand scheme of things, they had 60 mins to play and leave no doubt. They were down by 3pts with almost 5 mins left in the game and couldn't get a stop. That's not wholly on the refs.

And tbh, I hate when players whine about the officiating even in the right. Fans can whine. Players should not...at least not to the media.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s embarrassing whatsoever. Make it known. If you stay quiet, it will never change. How many of us hold our breath whenever we have a long run expecting a Holding? Probably a lot.

When opposing teams have huge gains and you can clearly see either Parsons, Gregory or Lawrence being held around the neck as the play develops and no flags ever get thrown, it’s a problem and needs to be addressed. Almost after every play you see Parsons looking at the ref with his hands up or talking to him about being held, yet nothing happens. It’s bull****!

Rodney308

Reaction score
Mindset comes from your leader

Dak is the leader of this team

a real leader would tell his team to stop complaining and work on improving themselves

you can figure the rest yourself

So please find the quote where Dak complained about officiating. Here's what Prescott said, "Definitely disappointed we didn't come away with the win but damned sure not discouraged. I know the team we have, what we've got. Just simply didn't get it done as a team, starting with myself, [I've] got to be better." Sounds like he knows there is a need to improve.

Here's another quote from yesterday by Dak: "We'll play against the eleven and the others if we have to. I've become accustomed to it honestly. I don't know if we ever get things that necessarily go our way, but we can't sit there and gripe about it." Sounds like he is saying stop complaining about calls that don't go their way.

visionary

Reaction score
So please find the quote where Dak complained about officiating. Here's what Prescott said, "Definitely disappointed we didn't come away with the win but damned sure not discouraged. I know the team we have, what we've got. Just simply didn't get it done as a team, starting with myself, [I've] got to be better." Sounds like he knows there is a need to improve.

Here's another quote from yesterday by Dak: "We'll play against the eleven and the others if we have to. I've become accustomed to it honestly. I don't know if we ever get things that necessarily go our way, but we can't sit there and gripe about it." Sounds like he is saying stop complaining about calls that don't go their way.

English comprehension is a requirement when responding to posts. Can you show me where I said “Dak was complaining publicly about officiating “

if not, be quiet

75boyz

Reaction score
A CowboyZone poll should begin now for whom/what the ultimate scapegoat for the playoff loss will be and some type Vegas odds placed on the likely candidates...

J_Allen

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s embarrassing whatsoever. Make it known. If you stay quiet, it will never change. How many of us hold our breath whenever we have a long run expecting a Holding? Probably a lot.

When opposing teams have huge gains and you can clearly see either Parsons, Gregory or Lawrence being held around the neck as the play develops and no flags ever get thrown, it’s a problem and needs to be addressed. Almost after every play you see Parsons looking at the ref with his hands up or talking to him about being held, yet nothing happens. It’s bull****!

Exactly, I'm glad they're saying something. If I'm Jerry Jones I'm giving out their hotel room numbers when they're in Dallas too.

The hell with them. Nobody shows up and pays good money to see their sorry ***** throw flags all day and decide games.

Creeper

Reaction score
It is embarrassing and worse, it is a losers mentality. There were some bad calls yesterday but the fumble or non-fumble was not one of them. They have an argument over the Anthony Brown PI against the Raiders, but yesterday most of the calls that were made were pretty reasonable. 2 holding calls on Dallas were probably ticky tack. The missed delay of game was bad but I don't think that made a big difference. The Cowboys defense had plenty of chances to stop the Cardinals on that last drive and failed to do so. It is their own fault.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never seen a team so openly blame officials like this. Multiple players. I came across this from Lamb.

He also said this...

"I didn’t play Thanksgiving due to COVID, but when I was watching, definitely. I experienced that now. … “We couldn’t get a rhythm. The refs wouldn’t let us get a rhythm.”

-

It really is a bad look for the accountability and mental toughness of the team. Losers absolve themselves from blame. Losers make excuses.

IceBowler

Reaction score
I've never seen a team so openly blame officials like this. Multiple players. I came across this from Lamb.

He also said this...

"I didn’t play Thanksgiving due to COVID, but when I was watching, definitely. I experienced that now. … “We couldn’t get a rhythm. The refs wouldn’t let us get a rhythm.”

-

It really is a bad look for the accountability and mental toughness of the team. Losers absolve themselves from blame. Losers make excuses.

You probably believe that politicians actually have your best interests at heart and seek to accurately represent you .. :flagwave: