The Cowboys complaining about penalties is embarrassing

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Players and fans have every right to complain about incompetent officials just like some here that go around calling out fans who complain about the refs.

If there is anyone who enjoys teams having to challenge a call over the NFL doing a better job of being consistent, that's on you.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I've never seen a team so openly blame officials like this. Multiple players. I came across this from Lamb.

He also said this...

"I didn’t play Thanksgiving due to COVID, but when I was watching, definitely. I experienced that now. … “We couldn’t get a rhythm. The refs wouldn’t let us get a rhythm.”

-

It really is a bad look for the accountability and mental toughness of the team. Losers absolve themselves from blame. Losers make excuses.

I have, it happens a lot in the NFL.

Big_D

Reaction score
Players and fans have every right to complain about incompetent officials just like some here that go around calling out fans who complain about the refs.

If there is anyone who enjoys teams having to challenge a call over the NFL doing a better job of being consistent, that's on you.

They actually had to devise a system because the officiating was and still is that bad, there needs to be an overhaul. The part time refs is a head scratcher also for a gazillion dollar industry! You can ref an entire game from the booth these days with HD cameras at every angle. These flags are flat out killing the game and the NFL doesn't seem to give a crap.

Reactions: G2

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure the other NFL teams are laughing at the Cowboys blaming the officiating for their loss.
Yeah they made a difference but overall, good teams don't put their team in position to have penalties affect the outcome.
Every team complains when they get hosed....it's more embarrassing to just sit and take it.....that's not what men do...

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I'm sure the other NFL teams are laughing at the Cowboys blaming the officiating for their loss.
Yeah they made a difference but overall, good teams don't put their team in position to have penalties affect the outcome.
Wrong, close games are decided by officiating. They are so bad, that even officials give make up calls during the games.

Oh and Don’t believe me, wait until the Super Bowl. You will not see many flags. Why? The refs will let them play.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They actually had to devise a system because the officiating was and still is that bad, there needs to be an overhaul. The part time refs is a head scratcher also for a gazillion dollar industry! You can ref an entire game from the booth these days with HD cameras at every angle. These flags are flat out killing the game and the NFL doesn't seem to give a crap.
One of my complaints as well. These guys all have full time jobs and ref part time? Why? Why not employ full time refs and train the piss out of them. Stop adding rules and gray area.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I've never seen a team so openly blame officials like this. Multiple players. I came across this from Lamb.

He also said this...

"I didn’t play Thanksgiving due to COVID, but when I was watching, definitely. I experienced that now. … “We couldn’t get a rhythm. The refs wouldn’t let us get a rhythm.”

-

It really is a bad look for the accountability and mental toughness of the team. Losers absolve themselves from blame. Losers make excuses.

No it's not. They've kept their mouth shut for 16 weeks. Yesterday was the last straw. I don't blame them because everyone has a breaking point. These guys are not robots.

Big_D

Reaction score
One of my complaints as well. These guys all have full time jobs and ref part time? Why? Why not employ full time refs and train the piss out of them. Stop adding rules and gray area.

The many rules added and then all the phantom or blatant calls on top of them. Plus you see how old some of the refs are? This is a very fast game. Leaving that to chance really makes no sense at this point. It's not a pickup game in a parking lot?! Chalking it up to human error is ridiculous.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
"Right after the game, say as little as possible." Tom Landry.

"Constructive criticism vs self-indulgent criticism. Choose wisely." VTwin

These clowns should ask themselves what the end result of opening their mouths will be before they open their mouths. I don't see any good coming from this whining.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Terrible look for a professional sports organization. All the pissing and moaning about officiating should be left to the fans.

Do your job on the field and the officiating will take care of itself.

shabazz

Reaction score
When we used to see Ed Hochilis Jerome Booger ready to officiate our games, most of us knew that the game would have to include heavy input from their crews. They couldn’t merely officiate and let’s the players play, they had to over officiate and litter the field with ticky tack call so Hochulis could show off his biceps with his “ one size too small” shirts......people betting on the Cowboys in those games lost their “normal sized shirts” “

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Chiefs lost yesterday because of officials and they are a good team.

And they also gave up 450 yards passing and 4 TDs. They lost yesterday because they didn't play any defense at all.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Terrible look for a professional sports organization. All the pissing and moaning about officiating should be left to the fans.

Do your job on the field and the officiating will take care of itself.

We've been complaining for years and not one thing has changed. I'm so glad they have said something.

These guys are human just like you are. I'm sure they are sick of busting their ***** only to have games stolen from them.

Ozone22

Reaction score
It is about time some team steps up. Overall the officiating is horrible. Rather one believes at times if deliberate or not. It is horrible.
The NFL needs to do something. More players and teams need to speak up.
Some teams have complained about officiating this year and in the past. Makes me laugh whenever some think it only happens in Dallas.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Instead of complaining about the refs they should have the mindset of beating down their opponents, so refs can't even help if they wanted too.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Nfl refs making or missing all these calls are much more embarrassing.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
We've been complaining for years and not one thing has changed. I'm so glad they have said something.

These guys are human just like you are. I'm sure they are sick of busting their ***** only to have games stolen from them.
Which penalty stole the game from them? I can give you 2 plays that would have won the game solely on proper execution. One on special teams and one on a QB scramble.

Every team gets burned by the Zebras. The Cowboys knew the crew yesterday was a high output penalty crew. Stupid penalties from bad technique and poor awareness are not going to get it done.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I love Micha Parsons, because you have all these vets DLAW, LVE and even CEEDEE was complaining. But Micah said they had the entire 4th Quarter to fix things. I would like someone to hold Dak as accountable for the loss as the referees. What about Dak's fumble? If he doesn't fumble can they go down and get a TD? Before any of these vets even think about calling out the refs publicly they need to look at the team and hold each other accountable. Like Dak, what was that? You've had crucial TOs in the 4th quarter in 3 of the last 4 games. This time the D played average but that still was enough to win.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

I agree. In some ways I think the comments and blaming the officials is worse than the actual loss

J_Allen

Reaction score
When we used to see Ed Hochilis Jerome Booger ready to officiate our games, most of us knew that the game would have to include heavy input from their crews. They couldn’t merely officiate and let’s the players play, they had to over officiate and litter the field with ticky tack call so Hochulis could show off his biceps with his “ one size too small” shirts......people betting on the Cowboys in those games lost their “normal sized shirts” “
Which penalty stole the game from them? I can give you 2 plays that would have won the game solely on proper execution. One on special teams and one on a QB scramble.

Every team gets burned by the Zebras. The Cowboys knew the crew yesterday was a high output penalty crew. Stupid penalties from bad technique and poor awareness are not going to get it done.

Calling penalties on us and not on them for the exact same things.

Not calling one holding penalty against Green Bay in the playoffs several years ago comes to mind. So Irving just had to play better whenever he was getting hooked on the play where Rogers won the game?

These refs decide games and the fact that you want to blame the players for that is astounding.

Edit: I did not mean to also reply to shabazz. I completely agree with him. Noticing something is not whining and it's no one's fault but the refs. You can call a penalty on every play and they chose to do it on us at the most inopportune times. It's been going on for years. Everyone's sick of it.