The Cowboys complaining about penalties is embarrassing

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Calling penalties on us and not on them for the exact same things.

Not calling one holding penalty against Green Bay in the playoffs several years ago comes to mind. So Irving just had to play better whenever he was getting hooked on the play where Rogers won the game?

These refs decide games and the fact that you want to blame the players for that is astounding.

Edit: I did not mean to also reply to shabazz. I completely agree with him. Noticing something is not whining and it's no one's fault but the refs. You can call a penalty on every play and they chose to do it on us at the most inopportune times. It's been going on for years. Everyone's sick of it.
I have no urge to blame the game last night on the Refs. It's a waste of time and energy.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think there is a time and a place and those both rest with ownership, not the players or coaches. This team seems to being developing a sense of entitlement. We’ve seen this before from the Cowboys and Tank was leading the charge last time, too.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I have no urge to blame the game last night on the Refs. It's a waste of time and energy.

It's not all on the refs but they played a big part.

All of this is a waste of energy when you get down to it. It's just a hobby but I'll be honest following this team is extremely frustrating and then watching games that get decided by refs is probably equally as frustrating.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's not all on the refs but they played a big part.

All of this is a waste of energy when you get down to it. It's just a hobby but I'll be honest following this team is extremely frustrating and then watching games that get decided by refs is probably equally as frustrating.
This is what qualifies as getting robbed by Refs, IMO.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sure the other NFL teams are laughing at the Cowboys blaming the officiating for their loss.
Yeah they made a difference but overall, good teams don't put their team in position to have penalties affect the outcome.

Yeah honestly I think it is a bad look for lots of players on the team to actively blame the officiating after really not playing very well.

That being said, I thought the officiating was pretty horrific yesterday and I do believe it had an outsized impact on the game.

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm sure the other NFL teams are laughing at the Cowboys blaming the officiating for their loss.

Completely the opposite. Other NFL teams are saying the same thing...or would like to if not for fines. Coaches and players know the games are rigged...just like the fans.

"After the game, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid was asked about the penalties.

“I’d like to comment on each one, but I don’t want to be fined,” Reid said, via Sam McDowell of the Kansas City Star."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...t-i-don-e2-80-99t-want-to-be-fined/ar-AASmwje

J_Allen

Reaction score
This is what qualifies as getting robbed by Refs, IMO.

It definitely was. I think they've tried putting a team in Los Angeles several times and it never took. They wanted Los Angeles to play in the Super Bowl so bad that they decided the game.

T-RO

Reaction score

It's absolutely the best use of time and energy.

If the population refused to put up with corruption by companies and politicians (NFL is one massive corporation)...we'd have a much better world.

Passive people perpetuate the problems.

Loso86

Reaction score
Yeah they made a difference but overall, good teams don't put their team in position to have penalties affect the outcome.
It's not embarrassing if it's true

J_Allen

Reaction score
It's absolutely the best use of time and energy.

If the population refused to put up with corruption by companies and politicians (NFL is one massive corporation)...we'd have a much better world.

Passive people perpetuate the problems.

Just play better in the face of perpetual wrongdoing.

How about no.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Exactly, I'm glad they're saying something. If I'm Jerry Jones I'm giving out their hotel room numbers when they're in Dallas too.

The hell with them. Nobody shows up and pays good money to see their sorry ***** throw flags all day and decide games.
No clue why people think it’s “embarrassing“. It’s costing us games.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
"Embarrassing"?! Since when is the truth, embarrassing. The entire league is being plagued by bad calls.
Oh really? The future Mrs. Mahomes begs to differ.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Kicker misses a 43 yard FG. We lose by 3 .

Surprised there hasn't been more talk about that.

Pabst

Reaction score
Posted without comment:

xV3d0Mn.jpeg

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Many of us that can see and aren’t afraid to be called out for complaining about consistent bad calls are really sick of the calls.

Players are no different. They’d finally had enough key calls being missed or made. What did we get this year? The time Shultz fumbled and they called him down? Wow. Great. It’s even now.

ultron

Reaction score
Agree.

The Cowboys didn’t lose yesterday’s game due to the refs.

The Cardinals were the better team by a comfortable margin.

When two very good teams play each other it comes down to stuff like this that can determine the outcome of games. DLaw is clearly being held while Kyler is in the end zone, 2 refs are looking right at it. Instead of this being a safety and the Cowboys getting the ball, the Cardinals ended up scoring a TD. That’s a 9 point swing with the potential of an even bigger swing had we got the ball and scored. So yea the refs do have a massive impact on the outcome of games.

The cardinals aren’t a better team, every single thing went their way and we still came back to tie the game, but once again a bad call by the refs ended the game. DLaw forced a fumble - the guys leg got twisted in a weird way and he clearly wasn’t down but instead of calling it a fumble and taking the opportunity to review it - they just assumed he was down. Sure it would’ve been nice to have a timeout so we could challenge it but our coaches are trying to manage a clock in hopes that the officials do their job which they clearly didn’t.

Here’s a closer look if you don’t believe this is holding idk what to tell you:

75boyz

Reaction score
I love Micha Parsons, because you have all these vets DLAW, LVE and even CEEDEE was complaining. But Micah said they had the entire 4th Quarter to fix things. I would like someone to hold Dak as accountable for the loss as the referees. What about Dak's fumble? If he doesn't fumble can they go down and get a TD? Before any of these vets even think about calling out the refs publicly they need to look at the team and hold each other accountable. Like Dak, what was that? You've had crucial TOs in the 4th quarter in 3 of the last 4 games. This time the D played average but that still was enough to win.

In a post from a few weeks back, I commented how the organization has publicly lied on how each and every Cowboy has supposedly become accountable to his team mate.

As you so appropriately describe here, THIS is their version of accountability. Blame the refs.

Not much has changed.

jmo

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have to wonder how many holding calls, etc , we didn't even see, that kept us from getting to Murray. No matter how good you are, you can't be expected to overcome everything. I'm not saying that was the case, I'm just wondering if it was, and if so, they have every right to complain. That said, they shouldn't be doing so publicly.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

When two very good teams play each other it comes down to stuff like this that can determine the outcome of games. DLaw is clearly being held while Kyler is in the end zone, 2 refs are looking right at it. Instead of this being a safety and the Cowboys getting the ball, the Cardinals ended up scoring a TD. That’s a 9 point swing with the potential of an even bigger swing had we got the ball and scored. So yea the refs do have a massive impact on the outcome of games.

The cardinals aren’t a better team, every single thing went their way and we still came back to tie the game, but once again a bad call by the refs ended the game. DLaw forced a fumble - the guys leg got twisted in a weird way and he clearly wasn’t down but instead of calling it a fumble and taking the opportunity to review it - they just assumed he was down. Sure it would’ve been nice to have a timeout so we could challenge it but our coaches are trying to manage a clock in hopes that the officials do their job which they clearly didn’t.

Here’s a closer look if you don’t believe this is holding idk what to tell you:

That official behind them is looking right at it.