The Cowboys gave 90 million to a RB ranked 27th

Sydla

Reaction score
Everyone was cool with him after 3 straight 100+ yard days, and now the sky is falling. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the story next week. .

Not everyone.

But continue to paint with that broad brush.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I told ya so......that it was a HUGE mistake for Jerry to cave in to Zeke (when he was holding out while in Cabo) and pay him #1 top RB overall pay!

Now we see the results. :facepalm:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Can we all just agree the offensive line has greatly underperformed this year and it's effected both our running and passing games. Furthermore, in passing the ball more, we seem to have gone to a very vanilla rushing attack. I think we literally ran 4 different runs on Sunday. Not to mention the fact that several defensive players have now come out and said in simple terms that they knew exactly when we were running. Given that last point, it's honestly remarkable how well Zeke has done.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is that based on Zeke having 5 games over 100 yards in 9 games this year, and Hambrick having 5 games over 100 yards in 61 games in his career?
It's based on me wanting to exaggerate because I'm pissed about the last game

Still shouldn't have paid $90 million to a RB, though.

phildadon86

Reaction score
In broken tackles out of 32 in the league. What happened to this guy? He looked amazing as a rookie and has regressed ever since. He has no burst and can’t make people miss AT ALL. Anyone else think he plays like Jerome Bettis already?
I call that the Garrett factor. The more you spend time with him the more you regress.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zeke has slowed a bit and turning into a pure power back, but most of this isn’t on him. The run blocking is atrocious, most of the run plays he gets are expected by the defense and our offensive coaches don’t know how to use RB’s very well. They don’t use screens to spread the front D out, try to get Zeke out in space or try different run-designed plays.

There are many factors in the run game and Zeke is the least of my worries. Now, paying any RB that kind of money is a different topic but that is not the point here. The run game is a hit or miss, mostly depending on which offensive line shows up. They are overrated, especially this season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
its not your money..freaking tools

another EE hate troll thread.. its sad fans need to do this to their own...total tool DB..

im sure somehow these posts help you go back in time and reverse the fact. hes here to stay for along while.. get used to it.. post like these are sad for the posters..makes zero sense you feel good? all better now you are joining the little zeke mob hate group, does it brighten your day?

tell me how great all the boig money players have played this year espacially on our own team, we are 5-4

move on its getting old

150 million dollar line hasnt blocked well, pass rushers arent gettign home enough, LBs are tackling, kickers arent making kicks,dropped passes, an in some games too many TOs..

bad coaching all lead to 5-4

zekes not the issue

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Everyone was cool with him after 3 straight 100+ yard days, and now the sky is falling.

Not everyone.

Anyone who had their mind changed by good production in 3 games was unserious in the first place. The issue most people had was longevity over the contract, and the general declining level of play.

Neither of those considerations were changed in those 3 games. Zeke didn't look elite despite the production. Non-elite RBs can have big games.

It was a bad signing, it remains a bad signing, and it's looking more certain all the time.

To be fair to Zeke, his two worst games came when we idiotically kept running him into the dline on 1st down. NO and the Vikes.

Despite Zeke's non-elite level of play, his numbers would be elite if we weren't holding back the offense with poor coaching. The offense is strong across the board. They're being wasted.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yrep. Im 2016 he had 51 yards on 20 rushes against the Giants. In 2017 he had 9 rushes for 8 yards against the Broncos. Last year he had 33 yards on 15 rushes against the Skins. None of these were defining games. They all proved to be a rare exception.
Yep, anyone see the Giants/Jets game here in the northeast last week? Barkley and Bell stunk up the joint, their teams should cut them...lol

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
There's around 7 runningbacks ahead of him in touchdowns, rushing yards, and yards per carry.

He might not even make the pro-bowl....... (highest paid runningback with supposedly "worlds best offensive line" not making pro bowl would be embarrassing for the organization)

Good thing he only has the 8th highest cap hit for RB this season

Praxit

Reaction score
...if I remember correctly, half the board claimed this guy was the best football player on the team, pending his contract holdout. I said, let him go. Keep Pollard, Morris and Smith.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not our team either, but it's a capped league, and how well that cap is spent is the number one determinant of how well the team will do.
not our money..get past it.. who cares..hes worth being the 3rd -4th highest paid player on this team when Amari and Dak get more add Tank making much more etc etc

the teams issue are not EE or his deal.. its more on the defense and coaching..

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While he isn't have the big year everyone would hope for - I wonder what the offense would look like if Zeke wasn't on the team and that threat wasn't there. I mean, it's not like Dallas isn't a top 5 offensive team right now or anything.

The defense is the issue - not the overpaid running back. It's DT that get blown off the ball...it's LBs that get swallowed up and can't remember how to tackle...it's CB's that won't turn their freaking heads to look for the ball....it's a coordinator that can get out schemed and has no answer when the same play is getting called over and over.