The Cowboys gave 90 million to a RB ranked 27th

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It might not be a problem now.

It will likely be a bad contract a few years from now.

I think he has 2 maybe 3 yrs left before he's asked to take a paycut or release. Depending on if he;s not producing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Break away speed has never been his biggest attribute even in college. That's not to say that he never broke any big runs, but he's not a burner. What's always been his thing is burst and a violent running style.

I don't know what it is, but something has changed with him. Not only does he lack the high-end speed, but he's also lacking the burst. He can't get enough momentum going to be a violent runner and it's making him easy to tackle.

Worst contract in Cowboys history. And they are sitting here with Cooper and Dak to pay and they still did it. Just goes to show, again, how bad of a GM Jerry really is.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think he has 2 maybe 3 yrs left before he's asked to take a paycut or release. Depending on if he;s not producing.

2 years at a minimum. They can cut him right at the start of the 2022 league year and save like $5MM in cap space while taking an $11MM dead money hit. They could also June 1 him to split that across two years. If they cut him in 2023, they save like $10MM in cap space and the dead money hit is like $6 or 7 million.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Dallas FO broke and they shouldn't have. 90 million should be getting fined and riding the pine if he wasn't going to play this season.

But, Dallas FO got scared. 90 million should've been held to at least another year on his contract.

and if we didn't pay him, and were losing, you would be *****ing that Jones was cheap and screwing the team

aria

Reaction score
Iyw
Everyone was cool with him after 3 straight 100+ yard days, and now the sky is falling. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the story next week. .
Never been cool with him.

Nav22

Reaction score
Zeke’s a good player but this was a terrible signing.

We’re going as far as Dak takes us. That was always going to be the case, whether the RB was Zeke or a combo of cheap vets and Tony Pollard.

Zeke being a “workhorse” was never a requirement for this offense to be successful.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
There is a reason for him to ask for a new contract 2 years before the contract ends.Only Zeke knew it.
Now he is not the same hungry person.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He is overpaid for how Garrett uses him. Turn him loose as a competent coach would and Zeke would be as good at RB as Amari is at WR.

For 3 scratch yards on every first down, Garrett just needs a body.
He has led the league in rushing 2 of the last 3 years. So before this year, I guess he was used just fine.

ksadler1

Reaction score
You all do realize that Zeke will probably win several SBs before his career is done in the NFL. It just wont be with Dallas. He'll catch on with a good team for a fraction of what he makes here, and with an OC that knows how to use him. Mark it down because it's going to happen...

DFWJC

Reaction score
What would be your expectations for the player that lead the league in passing attempts? Most passing yards?
Assuming you mean for the whole season.
Not quite the same, but yes, I would expect them to be at least be a top half of the league player or better.
Add in for better perspective QB rating and especially TD-int and it tells an even better picture.

Btw, ypc probably should be paired with total rushing yards and total yards from scrimmage for a back.

The best two this year (this year only) have been McCaffery and Cook...imo.

J817

Reaction score
For all of you who believe Garrett’s scheme is holding Dak back it isn’t that much of a stretch that it is holding Zeke back as well ya know.