The Cowboys had no business winning that game

bigE79

Reaction score
...but the did.

Both starting DEs out, Lose another put in as a starter in the game.
LT gets injured so he is goes out.
Cooks is out
Zeke was out..I know he played but might as well have been out
Bland and Carson

However the running game, Dowdle, showed up and it wasn't just WRs running the ball

Turpin and Tolbert showed up.

Ferguson back to making plays.

I know some will hate it but...minus the stupid penalty challenge, the HC and DC did a good job considering all the injuries.
I love the win,I'm not gonna complain about the many screwups...I let the coaches do that...go cowboys

FVSTONE

Reaction score
...but the did.

Cooks is out
Bland and Carson

However the running game, Dowdle, showed up and it wasn't just WRs running the ball

I know some will hate it but...minus the stupid penalty challenge, the HC and DC did a good job considering all the injuries.
I’m the Steelers would say the same thing to. Prescott tried his hardest to give the game away. It got so bad between Prescott and Lamb that Prescott wouldn’t even look CeeDee’s way.

mardwin

Reaction score
I don’t want to be negative.

I’ll just say this: I don’t think the Steelers are good.

But, the cowboys played well all things considered and the fact they are down their top 4 DE’s which is just crazy.

It’s nice to win.
They were a 3-1 team with a pretty dominant defense. Let's give credit to the team for showing up, not many teams get out of Pittsburg with a win after 3 turnovers and a missed FG.

Mark

Reaction score
I'd written this game off as a loss. Never imagined a depleted defense could have multiple "next men up" and put together such an impressive game. Especially, given that Dak's three turnovers made their job infinitely more difficult. That unit was the star of the show.

Tolbert and Dowdle...and Turpin...were all key. Lamb seemed to get frustrated and mentally taken out of the game in the 2nd half...but his teammates took up the slack.

Sadly, I think Zeke is washed. 6/17 tonight. And not inserted at the goal line?

Penalties: 11 for 87. Not good.

445 yards of offense...20 pts.?

Hunter Luepke is under-utilized. Man, this team loves their big check-down receivers. Three TEs and a FB accounted for 10 catches & 116 receiving yards tonight.

That said, it was an unexpected road win under challenging personnel circumstances. In the process of coping with all that, maybe the team is finding some guys who really want to play and up their game?

leeblair

Reaction score
...but the did.

Cooks is out
Bland and Carson

The NFL makes it their business.
Another "miraculous" ending for a prime time game to keep advertisers and gamblers happy.
Drama, drama, drama. Almost as if it were arranged.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
...but the did.

Cooks is out
Bland and Carson

I'm proud of the Cowboys. Against adversity and against a high quality opponent, they came back and won a game that we wouldn't have a few years ago! Games like this can set the tone for the rest of a season. Go Cowboys!

bigE79

Reaction score
Also, my historic disdain for Pittsburgh has mellowed somewhat over the years (probably more a function of getting older), it still feels really good to beat the Steelers.
I'm 60 but I don't think my distain for the Steelers will ever mellow,I truly hate that team, growing up there in the 70s was brutal.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Players stepped up and we didn’t give up. Dak got knocked down a few times tonight, but kept getting back up and dusting himself off. When it was down to do or die, he got it done. He showed a lot of resiliency tonight. Those who hate him will just focus on the bad plays he made and disregard his game winning drive.

krimson

Reaction score
I really felt that we would lose this game, considering all the injuries. I’m actually amazed that we left so many points on the field, between the blocked FG and Turnovers. This game shoulda, coulda been a little bit of a blow out if not for multiple miscues.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Players stepped up and we didn’t give up. Dak got knocked down a few times tonight, but kept getting back up and dusting himself off. When it was down to do or die, he got it done. He showed a lot of resiliency tonight. Those who hate him will just focus on the bad plays he made.

Exactly, I was really cross with him about that last pick, but he showed a ton of resilience against a very high quality team. He came up clutch on 4th down against a damn good Steelers team away! I'm proud of him and the team.