The Cowboys had no business winning that game

stiletto

Reaction score
Score wouldn't have been close had they executed better in the red zone and not had a blocked kick. Could've easily been a 30-17 game...

CxC1993

Reaction score
Happy for the win! Wasn't a particularly fun game to watch... but take the wins we can get.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I'm 60 but I don't think my distain for the Steelers will ever mellow,I truly hate that team, growing up there in the 70s was brutal.
A while ago I found a journal I had from when I was a kid where I re-wrote the endings to Super Bowls 10 and 13 lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Big game by Dak.

That was an old fashion slugfest and we won.

I didn’t know we had that kind of game in us. We seem like such a soft team but we won a physical football game.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Take down the Lions and a bye week with players coming back, and then face an average Niner team then BOOM. Division time to get it done after.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
GZQ4ciNWMAER_9a

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Exactly, I was really cross with him about that last pick, but he showed a ton of resilience against a very high quality team. He came up clutch on 4th down against a damn good Steelers team away! I'm proud of him and the team.
The one thing I’ve always respected about Dak is no matter how bad it may be going for him he doesn’t give up. He could’ve easily fell apart after the three turnovers, but he kept battling.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
...but the did.

Both starting DEs out, Lose another put in as a starter in the game.
LT gets injured so he is goes out.
Cooks is out
Zeke was out..I know he played but might as well have been out
Bland and Carson

However the running game, Dowdle, showed up and it wasn't just WRs running the ball

Turpin and Tolbert showed up.

Ferguson back to making plays.

I know some will hate it but...minus the stupid penalty challenge, the HC and DC did a good job considering all the injuries.

And we should’ve won by a lot more. Blocked FG and two TOs in the RZ cost us AT LEAST 9 points.

Hard to believe Prescott is 2nd in the league in passing yards. We have no players. I said it in another post: Dak jumping on that fumble and not making a Cam career decision was great, and the TD pass was clutch. I had the Cowboys +2.5, so it’s always nice to win as underdogs.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don’t want to be negative.

I’ll just say this: I don’t think the Steelers are good.

But, the cowboys played well all things considered and the fact they are down their top 4 DE’s which is just crazy.

It’s nice to win.
The Steelers beat the Falcons 18-10, Broncos 13-6, and the Chargers 20-10 and lost to the Colts 24-27. They might not be a great team, but they are not a bad team.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd written this game off as a loss. Never imagined a depleted defense could have multiple "next men up" and put together such an impressive game. Especially, given that Dak's three turnovers made their job infinitely more difficult. That unit was the star of the show.

Tolbert and Dowdle...and Turpin...were all key. Lamb seemed to get frustrated and mentally taken out of the game in the 2nd half...but his teammates took up the slack.

Sadly, I think Zeke is washed. 6/17 tonight. And not inserted at the goal line?

Penalties: 11 for 87. Not good.

445 yards of offense...20 pts.?

Hunter Luepke is under-utilized. Man, this team loves their big check-down receivers. Three TEs and a FB accounted for 10 catches & 116 receiving yards tonight.

That said, it was an unexpected road win under challenging personnel circumstances. In the process of coping with all that, maybe the team is finding some guys who really want to play and up their game?
I'm with you except I fully expected us to win. I watched Pitt's last 2 games & wasn't really impressed.

What had me worried was DLAW & Micah being out. Then Kneeland went down. Must say I'm slowly starting to feel better about Zimmer. Can't wait to see what our D looks like when we have Bland, Micah, Carson & eventually DLAW back. By that time Diggs should be close to what he was, as well.