The Cowboys had no business winning that game

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
...but the did.

Both starting DEs out, Lose another put in as a starter in the game.
LT gets injured so he is goes out.
Cooks is out
Zeke was out..I know he played but might as well have been out
Bland and Carson

However the running game, Dowdle, showed up and it wasn't just WRs running the ball

Turpin and Tolbert showed up.

Ferguson back to making plays.

I know some will hate it but...minus the stupid penalty challenge, the HC and DC did a good job considering all the injuries.
Like I said, it was an ugly win made into a good game by last minute heroics. In the short sighted perspective, it is a feel good moment. But when you looking at it through a long sighted perspective, can we hang with the better teams in the NFL? Another team would've ate our lunch yesterday with those costly mistakes. We have to play SF still, is that going to be an ugly game for us? Can we even hang with the Commodes this season?

shabazz

Reaction score
If you don't have a Franchise QB you lose that game.....
Uh, the Colts just beat the Steelers last week with retired Joe Flacco

Is he a FRANCHISE quarterback?

Some of yall need to stop with the comedy

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shoots Snoop can suck it for wearing stealers gear yesterday. Wasn't so dissapointed in him since he was snoop Lion XD
My respect went down seeing him dressed in Steelers' colors but that feeling is the same for everyone I see in Steelers gear--along with 49ers and Washington apparel. It's cool. He retold his Mean Joe Greene commercial story. I dislike Pittsburgh and practically everything associated with that franchise with a passion but that is still one of the best commercials of all-time. A real bona fide feel good advertisement that reaches across all teams and all sports. He gets credit from me for that much at least, lol.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
...but the did.

Cooks is out
Bland and Carson

However the running game, Dowdle, showed up and it wasn't just WRs running the ball

I know some will hate it but...minus the stupid penalty challenge, the HC and DC did a good job considering all the injuries.
The funny thing is you take away the stupid red zone turnovers we win going away.

Flamma

Reaction score
I thought we looked like the better team out there. But how many times are we going into the redzone and coming away with nothing? I thought this was going to be just one of those games. But credit the Steelers defense. This is what they do.

I got to watch the entire game at work with little to no interruption. The ending made the second half of my night fantastic.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
My respect went down seeing him dressed in Steelers' colors but that feeling is the same for everyone I see in Steelers gear--along with 49ers and Washington apparel. It's cool. He retold his Mean Joe Greene commercial story. I dislike Pittsburgh and practically everything associated with that franchise with a passion but that is still one of the best commercials of all-time. A real bona fide feel good advertisement that reaches across all teams and all sports. He gets credit from me for that much at least, lol.
I can understand people being fans of their local teams. Wouldn't of minded if he wore the gear of some west coast team. But Snoop being a Stealers fan just makes no sense, seems like he would be some other team fan given the week.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can understand people being fans of their local teams. Wouldn't of minded if he wore the gear of some west coast team. But Snoop being a Stealers fan just makes no sense, seems like he would be some other team fan given the week.
It would be in poor taste if Snoop is switching team colors whenever it fits him. However, I would defend (yuck) him if his preference gets the geography fan test. I never understood or appreciated that particular viewpoint.

In my book, you are either a fan or you are not. Others may disagree how much of a fan someone may be but that is an external opinion of how someone actually associates themselves to a particular team.

morat1959

Reaction score
It helps a lot when we face a garbage QB. Ask the teams we play in the playoffs.

aikemirv

Reaction score
...but the did.

Cooks is out
Bland and Carson

Defense played better with no Parsons or Lawrence - guys were playing their position instead of freelancing!

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Dak played better football, we should have won by 10+ points tonight lol…

I am just glad he saved this team by rescuing an ugly win from the mouth of a terrible, inexcusable loss lol
I agree somewhat with the OP, this team had a lot of valid excuses but managed to play well enough in some areas. The turd in the punchbowl was our newly minted $60 mil/yr QB struggling against a very pedestrian Steelers secondary. The cowboys haven't looked like a playoff team all year and still were only 1.5 pt underdogs playing away in Pittsburgh which tells you what Vegas thinks of the Steelers.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
...but the did.

Cooks is out
Bland and Carson

We dominated the game… Pittsburgh really shouldn’t have had any chance to win the game.

Creeper

Reaction score
It was a big surprise to me. First, they ran the ball fairly effectively. Dowdle was hitting holes hard and breaking tackles. But, the fumble at the goal line was unforgivable. He was holding the ball out in front of him and that's which it got punched out. He should have cut outside but if not lower his head and drive into the pile in front of him. He only needed a couple of feet.

Then, they did a much better job stopping the run than they have been doing. I would like to have seen more negative plays but 3.5 yards per carry was much better than what they had been giving up.

I will say this, and we'll have to see what happens going forward, but I felt better with the offensive line they finished the game with. Guyton is really struggling. Tyler had a bit of an issue too but I still think he will get better as he gets more comfortable out at LT.

I was impressed the way Dal came back after two really bad turnovers in the red zone. But Let's face it, if Pittsburgh had a better QB, those turnovers would have been game killers.