The Cowboys had the third-worst graded offensive line performance in Week 1 by PFF

BigD_95

Reaction score
yah, but Dak was the problem.

just wondering does Dak ever get any blame? Or is it always someone else's fault?

Maybe he shouldn't have held the ball as long. Made reads faster. Maybe a pocket awareness would help with him scrambling early if the o-line was having issues. Romo had crap O-lines for years and was always scrambling for his life and making plays and good throws.

Im not saying this is all on Dak obviously but acting like he doesnt deserve blame is nonsense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
seriously. hardly ever. It seemed we kept targeting Ramsey on purpose. The guy came to play. Dak was unafraid of throwing at him, but we need to use our matchups better. Either way, on offense the O-Line really didn't allow us to do what we wanted the first time around, but we were still in it. I don't know if that speaks to our talent, coaching, or both. But the game was within reach.
I know I don't remember if we did....I remember even back in the Ware days he would face a backup tackle and that guy would have a career day it seemed like.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
just wondering does Dak ever get any blame? Or is it always someone else's fault?

Maybe he shouldn't have held the ball as long. Made reads faster. Maybe a pocket awareness would help with him scrambling early if the o-line was having issues. Romo had crap O-lines for years and was always scrambling for his life and making plays and good throws.

Im not saying this is all on Dak obviously but acting like he doesnt deserve blame is nonsense.
I think with most of us its not that Dak doesn't deserve blame. The argument is does he deserve ALL blame and that's where most of us differ. Anyone who watched that game knows that Zeke and Dak carried that team....carried them to a loss but this is not a two man team. We hear all year talented they are and only 2 guys show up on offense.....and on defense....pretty much the only guys to show up were either rookies or guys who hadn't played in 5 years.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
Martin is one of my favorite players so I was really disappointed in his showing. Hopefully he bounces back.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You Dak excuse makers know that things aren’t getting better when he gets paid more money right?

You want everything optimal and you also want to pay him whatever he wants.. Sorry but you won’t get your cake and eat it too.

Football isn’t optimal.. Go make a play.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This oline is bad... Like Phil Costa bad. They suck and they’re overrated and overhyped.

cern

Reaction score
i tend not to read stats or grades, but i will say just that to my eyes, the o-line performance was one of the worst i've ever seen.

superonyx

Reaction score
Looney may have gotten one of the better grades but I am not sure the grade factors in calling the blocking schemes and such. This is where we will see a drop off with Looney from Travis Frederick.

I am surprised with Zack Martin's performance. But I am not surprised with the overall OL play. Many people on this board singled it out as a weakness this season.

To me we learned more about our LBs. We hoped they would play better but it appears they are who they were last season and that is a bog problem for the defense.
I’m not yet convinced our LBers are an issue. I saw an offense that ran misdirection, play action, sweeps and so many fakes that our LBers mistakes were mental mistakes caused by McVey doing a genius coaching job. He knew to get the ball out quick, he knew our DL strength is pass rushing not run blocking. The LBers were left out to predict where the ball was going and that made them look flat footed. Part of that is defensive scheme.

superonyx

Reaction score

Do you read any post on this Forum? How can anyone seriously ask if Dak gets any blame. That’s all he gets here.

btw. Dak had over 300 yards if the ref didn’t take away the Gallup catch. Also we had key drops by Cooper and Schultz on 3rd down.

Stop it dude.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I see people are quick to dismiss Dak from the problem. Key word was "allowed a pressure" and we all saw several times Dak just putting himself in harms way, not using his available lanes, or simply holding the ball for too long. And did he call any motioning to help?

BigD_95

Reaction score
Do you read any post on this Forum? How can anyone seriously ask if Dak gets any blame. That’s all he gets here.

btw. Dak had over 300 yards if the ref didn’t take away the Gallup catch. Also we had key drops by Cooper and Schultz on 3rd down.

Stop it dude.

But he didnt have over 300 yards - if & buts - you know if my aunt had balls she be my uncle

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet, some want to blame the QB or worse, Elliott, after he made most of his own holes in the run game. He was the epitome of contact back in that game and I'll bet he was one huge bruise today.

Why is it some want to blame the Cowboys and not give credit to the best DL performance of the opening weekend? Donald blew the OL up and they were so concerned where he was coming from next, the others got into the act as well. He put on a clinic.

Even our best OL, Martin, had a bad game. The OL is a unit and the Cowboys one is not one at this time. They can look for more of the same for ATL, that LAR game film is going to be very popular.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yes all the time. Its the people that say he gets all the blame or most of the blame in this one that I have issues with.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Washington football team? Chase Young, Kerrigan, two strong DTs?

The Commanders dline looked scary vs the eagles. I mean from the dline they had 7 sacks. And 1 more by a blitzing linebacker. The Commanders invested premium draft picks into their dline. I wish we would value the dline a lot more. Do we have a first rounder (that we selected) on the dline?

Whats even worst is a guy who has been out of football for the past few years looked like our best linemen sunday night. Dlaw i am looking at you. Step it up son.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Lol Dak usually gets most of the blame around here