The Cowboys had the third-worst graded offensive line performance in Week 1 by PFF

jay94

Reaction score
I imagine that will be one of the best D lines we face all season, along with Ramsey. It should be mostly smooth sailing from here with the occasional ripple.

I get Aaron Donald, but really?

BigD_95

Reaction score
Yes all the time. Its the people that say he gets all the blame or most of the blame in this one that I have issues with.

you wouldnt give Dak most of the blame in this game? I normally dont but I do in this game ... well maybe MM for not kicking the field goal to tie the game. But if Dak put the ball where it should have been Cee Dee gets that first down and he had a clean pocket

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you wouldnt give Dak most of the blame in this game? I normally dont but I do in this game ... well maybe MM for not kicking the field goal to tie the game. But if Dak put the ball where it should have been Cee Dee gets that first down and he had a clean pocket

Dak is way down the list on this one. Dak actually won the game with the pass to Gallup. He cant control the refs or OPI.

CeeDee getting stopped had nothing to do with Dak that was simply a great play by the safety.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I imagine that will be one of the best D lines we face all season, along with Ramsey. It should be mostly smooth sailing from here with the occasional ripple.

We damn well might drop a game to the skins if they don’t correct the issues.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Dak is way down the list on this one. Dak actually won the game with the pass to Gallup. He cant control the refs or OPI.

CeeDee getting stopped had nothing to do with Dak that was simply a great play by the safety.

I guess you didnt watch the breakdown of that play

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/why-the-4th-and-3-failed.463321/

check out the thread. Breaks down the play. Yes safety made a great play but if Dak puts the ball where it should have been its a 1st down . CD had to slow down and adjust to a ball thrown behind him and not catch the ball out in front so he can catch in stride

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

check out the thread. Breaks down the play. Yes safety made a great play but if Dak puts the ball where it should have been its a 1st down . CD had to slow down and adjust to a ball thrown behind him and not catch the ball out in front so he can catch in stride
I don't know what you guys are seeing but even if he caught that in stride that's not a guarantee he gets the first down.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah but the Cowboys weren't the only team changing offensive line coaches and technique.....I expect bumps and bruises but that wasn't lack of technique that looked like guys being overmatched.

I love, not really, how there hasn't been any verifiable proof that Philbin has changed any technique yet people here are speculating that he has. He's a different coach and he may have changed schemes but changing the technique or how a player blocks is unlikely.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's interesting. So we gave up more pressure than the Egals, but DAK got sacked 5 times less than Wentz.
I saw that game and I can believe it. Wentz was a beauty to watch. He was just sit back there and take sacks. He doesn't believe in throwing the ball away or playing conservative.....It was classic bad lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I love, not really, how there hasn't been any verifiable proof that Philbin has changed any technique yet people here are speculating that he has. He's a different coach and he may have changed schemes but changing the technique or how a player blocks is unlikely.
I honestly don't think he did. Its easy to scapegoat him but at the end of the day the offensive line looked overmatch and I don't think any scheme could've saved them. They needed Fredericks and Collins point point blank.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You obviously didnt it watch it then because the guy specifically says that the safety simply made a great play. He mentions other minor things and discards them. But nice try.

Tussinman

Reaction score
This oline is bad... Like Phil Costa bad. They suck and they’re overrated and overhyped.
nobody is hyping and overrating the current offensive line that is literally 60% backups playing........

Smith Martin Frederick and La'el ? Yeah that lineup fans were definitely hyping up and rightfully so. nobody is hyping up Connor Williams, Joe Looney, and steele let's be real

starfan1

Reaction score
this line hasnt been the same IMO since Leary left. Statistically they still pan out but if you look at things realistically it has been a slow decline from being the best. Not that they are chopped liver but over rated may not be a bad term here. If we can tread water till collins gets back we should be ok. But this not the 2014-2016 line.

aria

Reaction score
We damn well might drop a game to the skins if they don’t correct the issues.
Ugh...I keep forgetting about them. I’ll be curious to see how they do over the next few weeks, Philthy was up 17-0 IIRC for what thats worth and we’re better than them.