The Cowboys had the third-worst graded offensive line performance in Week 1 by PFF

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Great question. And where was the play action off the successful run game?

First glimpse shows that teams are look like they might be begging us to run the ball.
Great point. Elliott had a decent night. 3 or 4 yards short of a 100. Why didn’t that set up play action.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have my theories on it but what does it tell you?
Tells me that the coaches know and have known that the occasional on time well placed throw is an occurrence and not the average expectation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not to mention that Wentz gifted them two short field TDs with stupid ints....the second one was almost returned for a TD.
EXACTLY. That's probably what's frustrating Philly right now. Commanders literally did nothing on offense and it was good enough to beat them 27-17.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Actually it was a mistake by Schultz on that play too. He ran a shallow route which forced Lamb to also run a shallow route. ON TOP of it being a great play by the safety. But hey. Dak's fault.

I completely agree. Either Shultz wasnt taught to get in the way and pick or he simply whiffed on his responsibility. Sadly, I think its the former.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
But he didn't though. I actually watched the Commanders and Eagles game....granted, he didn't hurt them but that defensive line is what lead them to 27 points before I'd give it to Haskins. He had 1 Touchdown for 178 yards lol.....They sacked Wentz 8 times and you are crediting Haskins for LEADING them to 27 points lol?

For the recored i don't think Haskins is nearly as good a QB as Dak, the point of the exersise was to point out that other QB's got alot of pressure on Sunday and managed to find a way to put points on the board.
Now you did exactly what i thought you would do, which is pick on the one sub par QB i put in the list. Lets talk about how Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahomes got sacked as much or more than Dak and hit at least the same if not more than Dak and still managed to have superb games

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Great question. And where was the play action off the successful run game?

First glimpse shows that teams are look like they might be begging us to run the ball.
Play action requires more time to access your point of reference in real time, game time action.
We take it for granted while viewing from the couch, but loosing a fraction of a second diminishes a QBs time to read and adjust.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Tells me that the coaches know and have known that the occasional on time well placed throw is an occurrence and not the average expectation.
Ehhh......that's hard for me to believe because it seems like from my vantage point Dak has a tougher time with the shorter throws as opposed to the deeper throws just based on what I've seen last season.

What I got from the game plan was they had ZERO faith in their offensive line and wanted to get the ball out quicker than normal.....I guess I have to give them credit for knowing the offensive line was going to suck but they didn't do anything about it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If your going to make excuses for Dak they should be posted over there!!

Sacks and QB hits from this past Sunday for just a few of the QB's, these are official NFL stats

Dak Prescott was sacked 3 times and hit another 7 times...scores 17 points and loses
Russell Wilson was sacked 3 times and hit another 10 times...scores 38 points and wins
Patrick Mahomes was sacked 4 times and hit another 8 times... scores 34 points and wins
Dwayne Haskins was sacked 3 times and hit another 10 times...scores 27 points and wins
Josh Allen was sacked 3 times and hit another 6 times....scores 27 points and wins
Gardner Minchew was sacked 4 times and hit another 5 times...scores 27 points and wins

Tom Brady (43 year old QB) was sacked 3 times and hit another 7 times...loses but still manages to put up 23 points
Carson Wentz was sacked 8 times and hit another 15 times...loses but still manages to put up 17 points

PFF is nothing but a joke and they always have been

I'd have to check but i bet none of those QB's went 1 for 7 on 3rd downs this past Sunday with just 11 yards passing

I can't like this enough.

PFF is a joke!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For the recored i don't think Haskins is nearly as good a QB as Dak, the point of the exersise was to point out that other QB's got alot of pressure on Sunday and managed to find a way to put points on the board.
Now you did exactly what i thought you would do, which is pick on the one sub par QB i put in the list. Lets talk about how Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahomes got sacked as much or more than Dak and hit at least the same if not more than Dak and still managed to have superb games

Actually, you just tried to make a point and looked dumb doing it. Anyone that watched that game knows that Haskins didnt lead them to anything. The guy was essentially a hidden liability by his coaching staff as he always is. The defense blew up and destroyed Wentz and that offense.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ehhh......that's hard for me to believe because it seems like from my vantage point Dak has a tougher time with the shorter throws as opposed to the deeper throws just based on what I've seen last season.

What I got from the game plan was they had ZERO faith in their offensive line and wanted to get the ball out quicker than normal.....I guess I have to give them credit for knowing the offensive line was going to suck but they didn't do anything about it.
Exactly,,
But this is the NFL , and there are ZERO QBs that can just set back and go deep all day.
You have to have accuracy at a dependable rate, or you fail.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL......basic analysis.

One troll thinks Dak is the reason we didnt go deep when we went deep many times last year and Dak lead the NFL in deep ball accuracy. Then you come on and explain to him the obvious. That it was probably the bad Oline issues.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Actually, you just tried to make a point and looked dumb doing it. Anyone that watched that game knows that Haskins didnt lead them to anything. The guy was essentially a hidden liability by his coaching staff as he always is. The defense blew up and destroyed Wentz and that offense.

You can say that all you want, his team scored 27 points and he was under as much if not more pressure than Dak was....it's really simple. Our guy could only put up 17 (with many many more weapons at his disposal) and went 1-7 on 3rd downs with 11 yards passing.

Out of my entire list you guys keep picking Haskins to compare with Dak.....must be because he is the only guy on the list that makes Dak look good?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly,,
But this is the NFL , and there are ZERO QBs that can just set back and go deep all day.
You have to have accuracy at a dependable rate, or you fail.

Who said all day? LOL

Another laughable exaggeration to try and stay in an argument you are getting destroyed on.

You want the article showing Dak was the #1 rated deep throw passer in the NFL last year? BUBUBUBUBUBUBUT!!!! :lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m not convinced it’s all coaching. There might be some questionable play calling and schemes but I’m leaning towards some talent deficiencies.

You dont think its coaching? SHOCKING!!!

Thats the Diehard we all know.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I picked the games I actually saw. I can't say what Russell did becauseI didn't watch that game and out of respect for my fellow Zoners I'm not going to talk about quarterbacks I didn't watch play. I saw Brees, Brady, Goff, Wentz and Haskins play on Sunday.

You are using box scores and sacks to determine how much pressure the Dak faced and that's just incorrect. Even with Wentz. Wentz got sacked 8 times but he actually got hit more than that.

I didn't see Russ play but his highlights were impressive no doubt. Mahomes was very good this past Thursday too. No doubt.