The Cowboys have become increasingly toxic

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Okay, I'm just going to say this. Things surrounding the Cowboys have become increasingly toxic of late.

Look at the drama with Dak's current situation. Families of players launching into tirades. Former players attacking current players. Fans irate at Jerry (understandably). Jerry showing a complete disregard for fans by saying he's going to do one thing and doing the exact opposite. I could go on. Ever since the loss against Green Bay, it's like a nuclear cloud of hyper toxic radiation was dropped on the DFW area. Is this what Jerry wants? Is this what he sees as good business? Is this how he and Stephen think they'll be able to maintain business?

Sure, there are lots of fans still nowadays. However, I (who currently live in Cleveland) sense that I'm among the last generation of Cowboys fans. Someday, Jerry or Stephen are going to wake up and there will be no more Cowboys fans. We will be the most irrelevant team in the NFL, and it takes generations to rebuild fans. Sure, the Joneses have more money than anyone in 5 generations could spend. Yet, what's the point? What's the end game? Do they sell the team? Do they fold it? Cuz this toxic tornado surrounding the Cowboys isn't fun. It can't be fun for the players or coaches. It's certainly not fun for us fans. This sport is supposed to be entertaining. Yet, how can this level of toxicity be fun or entertaining?

All I can think of is that maybe it's time for the entire team to just implode and be burned to the ground so something new can be built on top of it. I think it may be time for anybody with trade value to be traded now. Let the next few seasons really be terrible, but acquire as many draft picks as we can (circa 1989-1991) to try to build some semblance of a champion. Get a team that can play physically. Maybe, just maybe, if this team can show genuine signs of being able to legitimately compete, the toxic tornado can start to dissipate. I hope somehow, things can start to become less toxic and become more fun.

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think you'll at least partially get your wish. I see this team taking a reset year in 2024 and we will see some key contributors moved or let walk. 2024 is setting up to be a total waste of time for the Cowboys, but hopefully the down turn is only a season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
join the rooting for 0-17 club

i want this to get even more toxic and ugly

jerry and stephen will never ever learn or change any other way it have to get bad…….really bad

time for real change!!!!!

Question is, would they learn even then? Or do they just want the Cowboys to crash and burn at this point?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me if Jerry reads all the hate mail.....and in his evil mind thinks....I will get back @ the people by putting out a crap team full of despicable people.

Wouldn't shock me one bit if that is the absolute truth....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, it is not the team that is toxic.
It is the fans reacting to everything and anything. That is toxic.

Yes fans need to react, as we know, lack of playoff success. Sitting out FA though much to the fans angst.
Has anyone really thought the team could be worse off, and even worse salary cap hell. If they ran the team instead of Jerry.

I ask that because fans want to sign every big name FA to improve the team. Of course that is imposs, except for on here. However, the same fans then say stop paying huge contracts. Go with all draft picks.

Does anyone see the irony and hypocrisy on this? Probable not because they do not want to.
I do not blame fans for their anger. I don’t like the situation either. I guess I just do not want to waste my time complaining about all of it, as we can’t do a thing about it.

You stay a fan or you don’t. Or you vent Or do nothing but read others venting. :laugh:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't know.

Can we base what some people/family members are saying on social media and automatically think it's a toxic situation in the locker room? Believe me, stuff like this happened a ton before we had instant access to see and read everything.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Rayman70

Reaction score
105.3 the fan isnt helping either. They are perpetuating the toxicity. Even going so far as to attack Cowboy content creators on YT as morons. Do they realize they are attacking the fanbase, or do they care? They that smug at the fan? Kinda seems like a culture issue that is systemic in Frisco.