The Cowboys have become increasingly toxic

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't give two crap about anything, as long as he's making money, so get your QB jersey and the rest of the loser's jersey. Get that gear. lmao, gear, like you're part of the team. :lmao2:

75boyz

Reaction score
An outstanding summary.
But until several losing seasons can take place I think Jerry will just pay Dak, CD and Micah and continue on business as usual.

The three 5-11 Campo seasons plus the need to replace an outdated stadium were the cause of actual change the last time around.

Maybe some consecutive down years could do the trick again but I ain't even totally sure that would change things.

Like The Dude's thread said: Dark Days Ahead

jmo

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
105.3 the fan isnt helping either. They are perpetuating the toxicity. Even going so far as to attack Cowboy content creators on YT as morons. Do they realize they are attacking the fanbase, or do they care? They that smug at the fan? Kinda seems like a culture issue that is systemic in Frisco.
that station is pathetic with what they did yesterday.

btw i follow many YT content creators and Dante Fowler Sr commented on a podcast how the organization as of right now is toxic and even though they tried to stay and speak with FO they (JJ/SJ) are not talking to anyone about anything.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
105.3 the fan isnt helping either. They are perpetuating the toxicity. Even going so far as to attack Cowboy content creators on YT as morons. Do they realize they are attacking the fanbase, or do they care? They that smug at the fan? Kinda seems like a culture issue that is systemic in Frisco.
I listen to the Ticket for that reason. 105.3 is the flagship Cowboys station and it shows. They often act as if Jerry is their daddy. The Ticket guys usually call JJ and SJ out as needed.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I listen to the Ticket for that reason. 105.3 is the flagship Cowboys station and it shows. They often act as if Jerry is their daddy. The Ticket guys usually call JJ and SJ out as needed.
I rarely listen to either one anymore.
Seems they are more soap opera whining then actual information and discussion.

Though since it has been a very long time, maybe they both are different now.

When 105.3 became the flagship station replacing the ticket. To me the ticket got worse. However I did like them over 105.3 before and after they switched.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me if Jerry reads all the hate mail.....and in his evil mind thinks....I will get back @ the people by putting out a crap team full of despicable people.

Wouldn't shock me one bit if that is the absolute truth....
I suppose, and I could see him or Stephen folding the team at some point rather than letting anyone else run them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No, it is not the team that is toxic.
It is the fans reacting to everything and anything. That is toxic.

Yes fans need to react, as we know, lack of playoff success. Sitting out FA though much to the fans angst.
Has anyone really thought the team could be worse off, and even worse salary cap hell. If they ran the team instead of Jerry.

I ask that because fans want to sign every big name FA to improve the team. Of course that is imposs, except for on here. However, the same fans then say stop paying huge contracts. Go with all draft picks.

Does anyone see the irony and hypocrisy on this? Probable not because they do not want to.
I do not blame fans for their anger. I don’t like the situation either. I guess I just do not want to waste my time complaining about all of it, as we can’t do a thing about it.

You stay a fan or you don’t. Or you vent Or do nothing but read others venting. :laugh:

I know we can't sign everyone. It just feels like Jerry's not even trying at this point.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Okay, I'm just going to say this. Things surrounding the Cowboys have become increasingly toxic of late.

Look at the drama with Dak's current situation. Families of players launching into tirades. Former players attacking current players. Fans irate at Jerry (understandably). Jerry showing a complete disregard for fans by saying he's going to do one thing and doing the exact opposite. I could go on. Ever since the loss against Green Bay, it's like a nuclear cloud of hyper toxic radiation was dropped on the DFW area. Is this what Jerry wants? Is this what he sees as good business? Is this how he and Stephen think they'll be able to maintain business?

Sure, there are lots of fans still nowadays. However, I (who currently live in Cleveland) sense that I'm among the last generation of Cowboys fans. Someday, Jerry or Stephen are going to wake up and there will be no more Cowboys fans. We will be the most irrelevant team in the NFL, and it takes generations to rebuild fans. Sure, the Joneses have more money than anyone in 5 generations could spend. Yet, what's the point? What's the end game? Do they sell the team? Do they fold it? Cuz this toxic tornado surrounding the Cowboys isn't fun. It can't be fun for the players or coaches. It's certainly not fun for us fans. This sport is supposed to be entertaining. Yet, how can this level of toxicity be fun or entertaining?

All I can think of is that maybe it's time for the entire team to just implode and be burned to the ground so something new can be built on top of it. I think it may be time for anybody with trade value to be traded now. Let the next few seasons really be terrible, but acquire as many draft picks as we can (circa 1989-1991) to try to build some semblance of a champion. Get a team that can play physically. Maybe, just maybe, if this team can show genuine signs of being able to legitimately compete, the toxic tornado can start to dissipate. I hope somehow, things can start to become less toxic and become more fun.
Good post, and you know I sympathize with you.

But you’re overthinking it. It’s more simple.

Being a billionaire businessman does not qualify one to put together a successful NFL team. Fathering a son does not qualify that person to do the same.

If my old man bought a hospital and made me chief of surgery I’d be killing people left and right…because I’m not talented in that regard and never will be.

They aren’t good at what they do, and have no real plan.

This is where some will point to 12 wins three years in a row. I’d counter with them not at all being aware that THAT was the window to win, yet they cheaped out and left the roster short…and WHY? To avoid future cap problems which we have anyway.

So even if they successfully fully rebuild this thing, we know they don’t understand how to get it over the top.

Again….they don’t know what they are doing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
An outstanding summary.
But until several losing seasons can take place I think Jerry will just pay Dak, CD and Micah and continue on business as usual.

The three 5-11 Campo seasons plus the need to replace an outdated stadium were the cause of actual change the last time around.

Maybe some consecutive down years could do the trick again but I ain't even totally sure that would change things.

Like The Dude's thread said: Dark Days Ahead

jmo

Tbf, I was starting our during the 5-11 days, but was it this toxic during that time?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Good post, and you know I sympathize with you.

But you’re overthinking it. It’s more simple.

Being a billionaire businessman does not qualify one to put together a successful NFL team. Fathering a son does not qualify that person to do the same.

If my old man bought a hospital and made me chief of surgery I’d be killing people left and right…because I’m not talented in that regard and never will be.

They aren’t good at what they do, and have no real plan.

This is where some will point to 12 wins three years in a row. I’d counter with them not at all being aware that THAT was the window to win, yet they cheaped out and left the roster short…and WHY? To avoid future cap problems which we have anyway.

So even if they successfully fully rebuild this thing, we know they don’t understand how to get it over the top.

Again….they don’t know what they are doing.

I agree, they should have gone all in last year. Now it's too late.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
that station is pathetic with what they did yesterday.

btw i follow many YT content creators and Dante Fowler Sr commented on a podcast how the organization as of right now is toxic and even though they tried to stay and speak with FO they (JJ/SJ) are not talking to anyone about anything.
Link?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Okay, I'm just going to say this. Things surrounding the Cowboys have become increasingly toxic of late.

Look at the drama with Dak's current situation. Families of players launching into tirades. Former players attacking current players. Fans irate at Jerry (understandably). Jerry showing a complete disregard for fans by saying he's going to do one thing and doing the exact opposite. I could go on. Ever since the loss against Green Bay, it's like a nuclear cloud of hyper toxic radiation was dropped on the DFW area. Is this what Jerry wants? Is this what he sees as good business? Is this how he and Stephen think they'll be able to maintain business?

Sure, there are lots of fans still nowadays. However, I (who currently live in Cleveland) sense that I'm among the last generation of Cowboys fans. Someday, Jerry or Stephen are going to wake up and there will be no more Cowboys fans. We will be the most irrelevant team in the NFL, and it takes generations to rebuild fans. Sure, the Joneses have more money than anyone in 5 generations could spend. Yet, what's the point? What's the end game? Do they sell the team? Do they fold it? Cuz this toxic tornado surrounding the Cowboys isn't fun. It can't be fun for the players or coaches. It's certainly not fun for us fans. This sport is supposed to be entertaining. Yet, how can this level of toxicity be fun or entertaining?

All I can think of is that maybe it's time for the entire team to just implode and be burned to the ground so something new can be built on top of it. I think it may be time for anybody with trade value to be traded now. Let the next few seasons really be terrible, but acquire as many draft picks as we can (circa 1989-1991) to try to build some semblance of a champion. Get a team that can play physically. Maybe, just maybe, if this team can show genuine signs of being able to legitimately compete, the toxic tornado can start to dissipate. I hope somehow, things can start to become less toxic and become more fun.
I think you have a case of being terminally online and assuming the rage you see here is what everyone feels. Most fans are casual and will continue to support the team when the season arrives.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Every single last bit of hope is gone. There is just so much a person can take. And I'm talking about the players. They have no more hope in Prescott. This is really bad. I don't even think Dak wants to be here. Jerry doesn't know what to do. Prescott blindsided him too. You want to give these fans some hope it has to start at the QB position. Jerry MUST draft a premier talent and that's going to take trading away draft picks. If he doesn't do that this whole mess will continue to simmer and never get fixed.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Every single last bit of hope is gone. There is just so much a person can take. And I'm talking about the players. They have no more hope in Prescott. This is really bad. I don't even think Dak wants to be here. Jerry doesn't know what to do. Prescott blindsided him too. You want to give these fans some hope it has to start at the QB position. Jerry MUST draft a premier talent and that's going to take trading away draft picks. If he doesn't do that this whole mess will continue to simmer and never get fixed.
jesus Dak has not been here 30 years how the hell has any of this "Blindsided" Jerry?..the whole damn team didnt show AGAIN for a playoff game was that Daks fault back in 2007, 2010,...1998..I mean when is this on Jerry?

deerhunter11

Reaction score
join the rooting for 0-17 club

i want this to get even more toxic and ugly

jerry and stephen will never ever learn or change any other way it have to get bad…….really bad

time for real change!!!!!
I had a very vivid dream last week , this is the first time I have mentioned it to anybody.The dream was Jimmy Johnson was hired to be GM of the Dallas Cowboys.But I must admit for the last 20 years I have wanted coach Johnson to run this team.Dallas needs a great football mind in charge,but we all know it.