RELEASED The Cowboys have waived linebacker Devin Harper

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They are eligible to return next week, Monday. This is probably for a backup center ala Hoffman or the GOAT Heath.

Possibly, or they could probably have it open for one of them. Not sure. Either way, one of them is coming back, and a spot is needed.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
WTH. We need more lb!!!!! And you’re releasing one of the few we have????? Get a good lb in here NOW

Motorola

Reaction score
Yup, especially on the oline. Waletsko has looked good in preseason when he's been healthy. I just hope he's not turning into a Matt Johnson.
Waletzko did get a few games his rookie season.
Johnson never made it through three straight preseasons.
Time flies; the safety's final attempt to make it was 2014...Zack Martin's rookie year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Waletzko did get a few games his rookie season.
Johnson never made it through three straight preseasons.
Time flies; the safety's final attempt to make it was 2014...Zack Martin's rookie year.

I forgot that Waletzko got a few games under his belt. And yes, time certainly does fly. I'm not sure we ever saw Matt Johnson even on the field.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
My two cents … Hoffman to the 53. Jefferson will be the call up at LB
I'd be scouting other team practice squads. WE have NO run stuffing linebackers nowhere else on the team as of today.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
wow we are already razor thin at the linebacker position. I hope its for another linebacker right?

We currently have 4 linebackers and that's with Bell listed as a linebacker. And they are counting parsons as a linebacker on ESPN. And we are wondering why we are getting run all over lol

So technically its 2 linebackers lol
Could we move Kearse to linebacker? Dude is too slow at safety.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys

quickccc

Reaction score
Hoffman probably
What about the other backup center Sean Harlow ?

Did we activate him to game day active list from practice squad ?

Once Billy Price is caught up to par with the system, at least one of those aforementioned cats, outta Hoffman or Harlow are gonna for sure be gone off the Cowboys rosters ... period.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
My thinking is they are putting Harper on the PS just this week in order to have Hoffman on the 53 and eligible to play. Biadasz looks like he's trending towards starting but depth is needed.

I think Harper is therefore a gameday callup because there are no LB's left after Parsons (who is really an edge), LVE and Clark.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What about the other backup center Sean Harlow ?

Did we activate him to game day active list from practice squad ?

Once Billy Price is caught up to par with the system, at least one of those aforementioned cats, outta Hoffman or Harlow are gonna for sure be gone off the Cowboys rosters ... period.
Both Hoffman and Harlow were called up for the Arizona game and returned to the PS Monday. Hoffman's three allowed callups are all used up. Harlow has two left, so it's kind of odd they are doing this now.

Carson

Reaction score
Both Hoffman and Harlow were called up for the Arizona game and returned to the PS Monday. Hoffman's three allowed callups are all used up. Harlow has two left, so it's kind of odd they are doing this now.
Hoffman is possibly going to have the start / see snaps if Biadasz goes down. Likely further along than Harlow