RELEASED The Cowboys have waived linebacker Devin Harper

CWR

Reaction score
Wow, very interesting. Harper has some talent, but whatever. This is just surprising because now there down to 3 LBs.

Question: Could Micah be playing more LB now to bolster the position on run downs?

The LB are basically our safeties now. I wouldn't be shocked to see more Parsons at LB though.

We've been down this road where the defense blows its run assignments and plays undisciplined football, rushing the passer.

Basically a big chunk of that fearsome pass rush is about to go away so we don't get run out of the stadium.

I think that's what really makes last weeks defensive effort so disappointing. I thought this defense was ready to take the next step towards dominance. Hopefully I'm dead wrong, but as I said, we've seen this play out once already.

rambo2

Reaction score
He killed us last week with his special teams penalty on the Turpin return. IMO we tie it up there and the outcome is different
They were back down there in about 3 plays.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The LB are basically our safeties now. I wouldn't be shocked to see more Parsons at LB though.

We've been down this road where the defense blows its run assignments and plays undisciplined football, rushing the passer.

Basically a big chunk of that fearsome pass rush is about to go away so we don't get run out of the stadium.

I think that's what really makes last weeks defensive effort so disappointing. I thought this defense was ready to take the next step towards dominance. Hopefully I'm dead wrong, but as I said, we've seen this play out once already.
Micah can't truly move to DE until they get a real MLB, so he doesn't have to play that role.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The "good" news is that in this scheme Jayron Kearse, Donovan Wilson, and Markquese Bell basically play LB. The Cowboys use three safeties as their base defense.
How did it work in the zona game ? Safties are not LBs against the strong run game , it will help in the passing True, but effective sideline to sideline covering sure tackling LBs are needed for strong run Defense

kevm3

Reaction score
So one LB injury, of which I can see LVE not making the whole season and we have a massive hole. I understand wanting to punish this guy for essentially playing a major role in losing the game, but is the organization thinking when they make these moves? Now other teams know we are desperate for an LB f an injury happens and can fleece us.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Would a trade for a DT from a non contender like Carolina help? Derrick Brown for a 1st.

rambo2

Reaction score
My guess is Hoffman to 53 and they will sign Harper to the practice squad if they have a spot open.