RELEASED The Cowboys have waived linebacker Devin Harper

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What is left at LB now. LVE and Clark? Micah doesn’t count, he plays DE.
The "good" news is that in this scheme Jayron Kearse, Donovan Wilson, and Markquese Bell basically play LB. The Cowboys use three safeties as their base defense.

CWR

Reaction score
My two cents … Hoffman to the 53. Jefferson will be the call up at LB

Yeah Hoffman is out of practice squad eligibility because he's been called up 3 times already. I guess that's how it works?

Carson

Reaction score
Yeah Hoffman is out of practice squad eligibility because he's been called up 3 times already. I guess that's how it works?
Correct. I don’t think they trust Harlow yet nor Price (obviousl). So if Biadasz can’t go or has a setback they need a body who can play Sunday

CCBoy

Reaction score
On Thursday, the Cowboys opted to part ways with linebacker Devin Harper, as they begin to finalize preparation for their coming matchup against Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.

Harper survived final roster cuts in late August to land on the team's active 53-man roster, and was active in all three of the Cowboys regular season games heading into Week 4. Last week against the Cardinals, Harper was flagged for holding on a punt return that negated a 51-yard return by KaVontae Turprin.

The team does have an option on the practice squad for the issue of depth at linebacker, namely Malik Jefferson, the former Longhorn who joined the team in 2022 and went on to have a strong training camp this summer that included a standout performance in the preseason opener — prior to suffering an injury that derailed his preseason.

Jefferson was ultimately signed to the team's practice squad and could very well get a chance to step up with Harper being waived.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/already-thin-at-lb-cowboys-waive-devin-harper

Mr_437

Reaction score
Wow, very interesting. Harper has some talent, but whatever. This is just surprising because now there down to 3 LBs.

Question: Could Micah be playing more LB now to bolster the position on run downs?