The Cowboys Need Elliott More Than Elliott Needs the Cowboys

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coming in late here, but... BS!

Cowboys, stick to your plan.

kskboys

Reaction score
They got lucky on Conner. NO one thought he would do what he did.

Bell held out and Conner went nutz.

Im not sure what losing those other guys has anything to do with Zeke.

RB's simply arent a priority in my view. Not with this Oline.
Not that lucky. Connor was a 3rd rounder, and PITT is known for drafting players ahead of time.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Not that lucky. Connor was a 3rd rounder, and PITT is known for drafting players ahead of time.
Proactive team, not reactive, that's for sure. We may just see this year a Pitt team that lost Bell and Brown without missing a beat. That speaks to excellent foresight, cap management and great drafting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sure. They missed the playoffs without him and he got his money anyway

Bell missed out on 10 million in salary and signed for 3 years at less than the top RB salary. And he is playing for a team that has no hope of a SB in the next 3 years.

kskboys

Reaction score
Bell missed out on 10 million in salary and signed for 3 years at less than the top RB salary. And he is playing for a team that has no hope of a SB in the next 3 years.
Yeah, Bell did not "get his money". NYJ offered him that 14 mil or so/year contract, and he turned it down. He then cast around to other teams and go NO other offers, so he went back and begged the Jets to still take him at that price, and they did.

PITT had previously offered him a contract at 17 mil/season that he turned down.

This whole thing w/ Bell was very strange. Many were glad to see him go, as good as he is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, Bell did not "get his money". NYJ offered him that 14 mil or so/year contract, and he turned it down. He then cast around to other teams and go NO other offers, so he went back and begged the Jets to still take him at that price, and they did.

PITT had previously offered him a contract at 17 mil/season that he turned down.

This whole thing w/ Bell was very strange. Many were glad to see him go, as good as he is.

Bell took a dump on himself, screwed over everyone he had EVER worked with and is now going to die in New Jersey with less money then he could have gotten.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Zeke is 3 years younger than Bell, and is defending rushing champ, something he’ll has never done. Plus if Zeke is in it for the money, I dont think he really cares if the highest bidder is a super bowl contender. He probably thinks he can make them one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is 3 years younger than Bell, and is defending rushing champ, something he’ll has never done. Plus if Zeke is in it for the money, I dont think he really cares if the highest bidder is a super bowl contender. He probably thinks he can make them one.

So you are saying that Zeke is an idiot like Bell. Not sure your point here.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So you are saying that Zeke is an idiot like Bell. Not sure your point here.

He’s holding out with 2 years left on his previous deal after all Jerry has done for him, not 2 months after almost getting suspended again isn’t he? Doesn’t sound like the brightest bulb

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s holding out with 2 years left on his previous deal after all Jerry has done for him, not 2 months after almost getting suspended again isn’t he? Doesn’t sound like the brightest bulb

Completely agree. Zeke idiot rides again.

aaev84

Reaction score
lol. The Cowboys needed Elliott vs the Rams.
Ok so didnt he play one of the big roles of getting the cowboys to the Rams in the first place? Pretty knit picky if you ask me. It's not like he had much room to run in that game. Rams did a good job at the line and stopping him... Barry Sanders, arguably the most talented RB ever would get locked down to extremely low yardage against the packers in the playoffs... I really do not get the bias here.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Trash article.

No one player determines the fate of a football team, and the Cowboys are loaded with young talent.

I'm ready to move forward without Zeke if need be. Every year he does something to potentially derail the season.

Give me a good football player who puts the team first at RB1 and I think we will be just fine.

Try telling that to Cowboyszone.

1 big name gets injured and everyone thinks the season is over.

If your QB is still standing you always have a chance in this league.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I disagree with the title. The Cowboys can play football with other running backs, pick up or trade for RBs. That doesn’t mean we will be as good, but if this OL is healthy, we can run the ball.

Zeke, on the other hand, has nothing for the next 2-4 years except his banked pay without the Cowboys. He could literally sit for the next 3 seasons without playing or earning a dime and without costing the Cowboys a penny against the salary cap if the Cowboys want to make a point.

Our options without Zeke are not as good as with him, but he has zero options....nada. He’s not even sniffing free agency, and the Cowboys have no reason to trade him unless they get a bonanza.

Of course, that’s all theoretical. I think we all expect this to be settled for game 1.

I agree with some of what you said. I read something today, a quote from Jerry where he's planning on playing Pollard to start the season. I may have misinterpreted what he meant but I got the feeling he's going to let Elliott come to him with a reasonable offer otherwise he is going to go with the rookie.

Legend

Reaction score
Try telling that to Cowboyszone.

1 big name gets injured and everyone thinks the season is over.

If your QB is still standing you always have a chance in this league.

The Cowboys have not won anything in 23 years.

They surely are not going to win anything by subtracting the few good players they currently have.

Dak is not good enough to lead the Cowboys to the promise land. He needs help.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's the title of the article - don't @ me.

The Cowboys need Elliott more than he needs the franchise, and he is good enough to warrant a big contract, even bigger than Gurley’s. Dallas relies on Elliott to make their offense run the way they want it to...The Cowboys have neither an offensive genius on the headset or a generational talent at quarterback.

Dallas loses the crux of their offensive system and any hopes of championship contention in what will be their last year of financial flexibility before the bill comes for all the young talent they’ve accumulated. They may have the contractual leverage, but as far as the football goes, they need Elliott. And he knows that.

It's an interesting take. I think the Cowboys and Zeke need each other. Pollard has looked good, but is Jerry ready to roll those dice this season given other contracts coming soon and his desire for another trophy?

https://thebiglead.com/2019/08/24/ezekiel-elliott-holdout-cowboys-highest-paid-running-back/
then either play under your deal you signed or don't show up. Problem solved. Tired of the BS.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys have not won anything in 23 years.

They surely are not going to win anything by subtracting the few good players they currently have.

Dak is not good enough to lead the Cowboys to the promise land. He needs help.

Super Bowl teams win with players missing.

If we can’t win without a player it’s not an excuse.

Legend

Reaction score
The Cowboys do not have SB caliber coaches to win without best players.