The Cowboys offense will be different with the Red Rooster

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Now that Dak is out for the season expect Zeke and Pollard to get a lot more touches like in the 25-30 range and believe me that will help that limp noodle defense.
well, we have other teams already saying that...they want to force the game into Dalton's hand.....so they will be keen in stopping the run in first and second downs, forcing the team to pass to win....

Reaction score
Expect the opposite. Teams will stack the box and force the Red Rifle to beat them, and he will shred them with these WRs.
So now Dalton is a shredding machine at QB? Since when? He hasn't shredded a thing since his TCU days.

I hope you are right though. It's going to take at least 40 points to win this game. Hopkins is going to dominate this secondary

MarcusRock

Reaction score
He can actually move well.

He can. His movement is what made one of those dimes to Gallup. He will need it with this OL.

GallupP1.gif

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Red Rooster?

is this an actual nickname? Its awful.

Probably from college. Think about it. You get to go around campus talking about how you're the big c*** on campus but hide it by saying Rooster. Get it? Get it? He did go to Texas CHRISTIAN University after all, lol.

kskboys

Reaction score
Both.

Quick, short passes will open up the running game. They'll be forced to do more coverage then. And that will open up space for the running game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that Dak is out for the season expect Zeke and Pollard to get a lot more touches like in the 25-30 range and believe me that will help that limp noodle defense.
They are already in that range (26.6 touches per game).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Red Rooster?
He’s known as the Red Rifle.

Bengals rookie signal caller Andy Dalton is becoming a hot topic in the NFL. In a recent 2011 NFL re-draft by Gil Brandt Dalton was placed at being the #2 overall pick, calling him "smart and steady". With his early success quarterbacking for a team many counted out from the beginning, it's easily understood why Dalton can be so popular. And like most players who get some buzz around them, Dalton was given a nickname. Dalton's nickname: "Red Rifle"

When asked about the name by NFL Total Access, Dalton didn't seem too thrilled about the title.

It’s all right. It seems like everybody is going to find a nickname with ‘red’ or something for my hair. So, the ‘Red Rifle’ is all right.
Dalton was then asked what he would like to be called, he replied

Andy. Andy works. It’s just Andy.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/11/3/2535000/dalton-not-crazy-about-being-called-red-rifle

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As for Jerry Jones, I'm sure he has already whispered in Dalton ear "Can I call you Jason" lol

garyo1954

Reaction score
Should hope so. The first 5 games have been all uphill/come from behind.
Offensively we've run 362 plays. 236 passes and 126 rushes.
65% has been passing, 35% rushing.

At some point you hope to get close to 50/50.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Nice rebuttal and an interesting point of view but the defense needs a lot of protection and Zeke is the answer.
The whole freaking team needs to get better.

I always laugh at fans who want to say..

"This guy is the team"

or

"if this guy goes down we are dead".

It is a team sport with 53 guys plus an expanded taxi squad and about 20 coaches and assistants.

Sure some players have larger roles and make more money..

but the balance of the team will usually attempt to take up the slack and new stars get a shot.

As much as we all are screaming about injuries and such..

look at the rookies playing pretty well. Look at the 2nd year guys getting their chances to play.

We may not do everything we would like this year.

But it is seasoning our players to improve a lot for future campaigns.

We wait..

We watch..

We chat..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
With essentially nobody as backup, he better be practicing sliding a lot...

Dalton is a slider. lol I agree, I don't want him running unless he has wide open space in front of him and he slides or gets out of bounds as defenders close in.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dalton is a slider. lol I agree, I don't want him running unless he has wide open space in front of him and he slides or gets out of bounds as defenders close in.

Yes, he needs to get what yards he can without much risk, and when that yardage is reached, GET DOWN!!!