The Dak Effect - 49 points

GINeric

Reaction score
When he can put up a performance like this against a good team , then by all means he would deserve the praise.

When he HAS put up performances against good teams before and our defense let the opposing team drive back downfield in under a minute to get in field goal range, and we loss.

So stop acting like he can't or hasn't had great games against good teams.

Until then... hold that W he just put up. I know its hard to do, but try to enjoy that win lil guy!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Obviously over Rush, and yes he looks good just like the first half of last year - the problem comes when we play the big boys...

And thats not exclusive to just Dak, hence why I call them the "Not Ready for Prime Time Players".
And he may not perform as well against the big boys. Most don’t except for the more elite.

Ok. So we’re not one of the better teams and we don’t have one of the better QB’s.

At some point we have to accept what we are.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What an entertaining existence to bait people on social media for one's own life compensation.
It is what it is. If you’re entire entertainment here is bashing your favorite teams QB then we can entertain ourselves taking aim at this group as well .

Reactions: CWR

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Dak played well. He made a bunch of good throws. I recall 2 bad throws. One in the end zone and the pick. We’re better with Dak than with out him.

It is amazing how some cannot make a distinction between saying (as you did) that “The Cowboys are a better team with Dak,” and saying “Dak is the most bestest goodest QB in the history of the football, and is destined to win 100 billion zillion Super Bowls if not for the evil impact of the dastardly Jerry and Stephen Jones - the absolute worstest, terrible no-good owners/general managers of any sport ever in the history of the whole wide world.”

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh, he's not the only one..... they are probably punching holes in the wall WHILE wearing a Cowboys jersey right now.
He’s waiting to quote Stephen A the Cowboys biggest troll. Or the Herd.. whoever is bashing Dak. Lol

But at least he pays to be here. That’s more contribution than most of the Hacks make to this forum:)

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
And he may not perform as well against the big boys. Most don’t except for the more elite.

Ok. So we’re not one of the better teams and we don’t have one of the better QB’s.

At some point we have to accept what we are and move on. Shame we can’t enjoy the wins we have.
Definite agree, thats why I dont get into Dak threads much.

Enjoying the win, at the same time just wish someday we will not have to accept that we aren't good enough.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Who needs all first round picks on our offensive line... We have Dak.

Who needs a number one wide receiver...we have Dak.

Who needs the one of the best one two punches in the game at running back...we have Dak.

Who needs a guy like Diggs knocking down passes...we have Dak.

Who needs Parsons wrecking havoc every three plays...we have Dak.

Dak makes the offense better, but he can't do everything.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Definite agree, thats why I dont get into Dak threads much.

Enjoying the win, at the same time just wish someday we will not have to accept that we aren't good enough.
I hear ya. It is what it is. Jumbo is right and he represents most Cowboy fans who are more in the middle on Prescott .

Dak isn’t elite and he doesn’t totally suk either. We are a better team with him. Too bad all fans can’t join more in the middle and accept what we are.

Haimerej

Reaction score
It is amazing how some cannot make a distinction between saying (as you did) that “The Cowboys are a better team with Dak,” and saying “Dak is the most bestest goodest QB in the history of the football, and is destined to win 100 billion zillion Super Bowls if not for the evil impact of the dastardly Jerry and Stephen Jones - the absolute worstest, terrible no-good owners/general managers of any sport ever in the history of the whole wide world.”

You know I've always enjoyed your stuff, but not sure how much Dak being back was part of what we saw today. Coming in, Chicago was the worst against the run. Someone said they were ranked high against the pass but only 2 other teams had seen less pass attempts against.

Not saying he played poorly, but attributing Pollard's big day to some kind of, "Dak effect," just seems more like poking his detractors than reflecting what we watched. Good to see you around more though.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here @PAPPYDOG !! @PAPPYDOG :lmao2::lmao2:

Wait for Skip Bayless "Take"

Doesn't take much to impress you guys does it???
Then again it's been a while since you've had a dog big win like today.
Dak is GOD and is headed for the HOF after that impressive game vs the Bears.
You Dak lovers will have your Dog days so enjoy this one and sell sell sell Dak.
I'll take it as an expected win against an inferior opponent.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This is where we say it's the Bears.

Have you noticed how the Dak haters are switching gears now to overly criticizing the defense now . . . as if they were never hating on Dak in the first place.

Like, you don't get any more exposed than what Dak did today to all the haters running their mouths.. And then, to top it off, we're supposed to take their perspective on the defense seriously after they whiffed on analyzing Dak.

This team is finding its identity.

This team has championship potential.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
You know I've always enjoyed your stuff, but not sure how much Dak being back was part of what we saw today. Coming in, Chicago was the worst against the run. Someone said they were ranked high against the pass but only 2 other teams had seen less pass attempts against.

Not saying he played poorly, but attributing Pollard's big day to some kind of, "Dak effect," just seems more like poking his detractors than reflecting what we watched. Good to see you around more though.

He was 16 of 19 at the half........

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Cowboys have scored 49 points or more 3 times in their last 7 games started by Dak

granted a couple of defensive TD's in there but again 3 times in their last 7 games he started

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
There’s already two of them in this thread. They can’t help themselves. It’s their entire existence hovering over Dak threads. They generally have nothing else to offer in a Cowboys forum.
The discussion of whether or not this quarterback i good enough is on going and wasn’t settled in week 1 and isn’t settled after a barn burner against nobodies.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
....so does a defensive TD and Pollard going for 131 rushing yards and 3 rushing TD's.
I can understand the defense scoring and not giving offense credit.

but this is the conundrum with dak detractors...we don't score much and its Dak's fault, we score a lot and credit goes to other players....just like you did. you complained about Detroit game, now you give credit to Pollard.

never fails.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe a healthy Dak Prescott does make a difference for this team. Going out on a limb…

Update/Clarification: Of course Dak doesn’t get ALL the credit. But the EFFECT of a healthy Dak is a better team performance, just like the EFFECT of Micah Parsons is better performances of the defensive players around him. (Seriously, some people need lessons in reading comprehension.)

The most hilariously pathetic phrase on this forum is "Dak's inability to read defenses."

Trumpeters.