FEATURED The Dak Prescott Mega Thread **merged**

gmb1

Reaction score
Kudos to the moderators for creating this thread. Who knew that the best way to kill all of the endless bickering over Dak was to lump it all into one thread. Genius.
I hope it doesn't ruin our mojo. Why change it up now?:p

Verdict

Reaction score
105.3 The Fan was taking about Dak and said anything averaging $25M per year or more for Dak would have to be considered a win for the team, but they also say that's not happening.

They went through the list of QBs getting huge deals: Garroppolo, Cousins, Alex Smith, etc and said Dak is clearly better than all of them. They indicated that when Jerry or Stephen says we will give you $25 M per year, Dak's agent is going to say, Oh yeah, well all of these guys are making more than that, I'm im better than they are and he would have a point.

Man $30M per year sounds like a lot of cheese for Dak.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
People keep putting up those stats that say he’s the best quarterback in NFL history for his age, so that sounds like a bargain.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
That would be way overpaying. He's good, but not that good. Paying him that much is a great way to bankrupt the rest of the team, talent-wise.

I'd give him something like $12-15 million a year and say take it or leave it. Surround him with championship core talent. If he leaves, this team wouldn't be that hard to bus-drive with another QB, not with Zeke, a good O-line and a great defense.

Frankly, Zeke deserves more money than Dak.

Last edited:

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Unless Dak has taken the infinity gauntlet from Thanos. Hell no.
If Dak goes into negotiations even asking for that they'll probably cut him on the spot lmao.

For that amount of money, hell no..and I love dak.

Verdict

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think they will pay Dak in excesss of $25 M per year.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Highest completion percentage ever through first 3 years.

Most comebacks in the 4th in the league since he entered.

Non of those that don’t like Dak have attempted to dispute/counter/belittle any of these stats and they’ve been posted numerous times. ——They’re getting smarter.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Highest completion percentage ever through first 3 years.

Most comebacks in the 4th in the league since he entered.

Non of those that don’t like Dak have attempted to dispute/counter/belittle any of these stats and they’ve been posted numerous times. ——They’re getting smarter.
:facepalm:

Falco78

Reaction score
That would be way overpaying. He's good, but not that good. Paying him that much is a great way to bankrupt the rest of the team, talent-wise.

I'd give him something like $12-15 million a year and say take it or leave it. Surround him with championship core talent. If he leaves, this team wouldn't be that hard to bus-drive with another QB, not with Zeke, a good O-line and a great defense.

Frankly, Zeke deserves more money than Dak.
He'd rightfully leave it

blueblood70

Reaction score
Daks a work in progress , hes an average starting Qb in the NFL right as a passer..hes above average as a QB that can run, throw enough, but more so a leader who his teammates luv.. its very odd sometimes for 3 quarters he looks like a backup but those moments late in the 4th and PT where he steps up and seemingly like a Gamer , when its serious plays above his own deficiency's and just finds ways to win..

is he the Dak of 16 or 17? well in 18 hes somewhere in between, is this his ceiling? as 3rd yr player id say hes not done growing but 16 might be his ciling maybe hes better at reading the filed and gets the ball out faster, we know one thing 2 playoff games and games with the game on the line he shows up more then he doesnt..

the biggest hot topic here is should he be our long term franchise guy, its 50/50 as fans mid point this yr, maybe 70/30 now and hes still pushing..

I say im ok with an extension but it cant be a cousins or Stafford mistake in the cost..19-23 mil somewhere near an alex smith contract and im ok with it, and that leaves some meat to give to Amari, a TE, and extending Zeke all important to help Dak succeed..Russel Wilson IMO is Daks ceiling, hes getting there abut the same pace as RW..

book is still being written, stay tuned..

InTheZone

Reaction score
Daks a work in progress , hes an average starting Qb in the NFL right as a passer..hes above average as a QB that can run, throw enough, but more so a leader who his teammates luv.. its very odd sometimes for 3 quarters he looks like a backup but those moments late in the 4th and PT where he steps up and seemingly like a Gamer , when its serious plays above his own deficiency's and just finds ways to win..

is he the Dak of 16 or 17? well in 18 hes somewhere in between, is this his ceiling? as 3rd yr player id say hes not done growing but 16 might be his ciling maybe hes better at reading the filed and gets the ball out faster, we know one thing 2 playoff games and games with the game on the line he shows up more then he doesnt..

the biggest hot topic here is should he be our long term franchise guy, its 50/50 as fans mid point this yr, maybe 70/30 now and hes still pushing..

I say im ok with an extension but it cant be a cousins or Stafford mistake in the cost..19-23 mil somewhere near an alex smith contract and im ok with it, and that leaves some meat to give to Amari, a TE, and extending Zeke all important to help Dak succeed..Russel Wilson IMO is Daks ceiling, hes getting there abut the same pace as RW..

book is still being written, stay tuned..
Very Tebow-esque

blueblood70

Reaction score
Very Tebow-esque
he throws better then Tebow, not a lot but better..right now the truest comp for TT is Lamar Jackson, true story, he also won a lot of games his rookie season..however hos playoff appearance wasn't pretty..i dont think Dak has ever had game with 40yards passing 2 fumbles and two picks going into the 4th qtr lol but LJ made it close there at the end so TT comp is more true here..

bark

Reaction score
No matter where you fall on the dak debate, here’s where we find ourselves today.
Dak was a part of the team that got us to the divisional round of the playoffs and if dak goes down early, we’ll stand zero chance of advancing

blueblood70

Reaction score
No matter where you fall on the dak debate, here’s where we find ourselves today.
Dak was a part of the team that got us to the divisional round of the playoffs and if dak goes down early, we’ll stand zero chance of advancing
thats a FO issue, having Rush as backup when a team like Philly has Foles and Wentz..we are most likely close to last if you rate all the backup QBs for the top 12 teams in the league ie that made the playoffs..i cant name them all but

1.Philly has Foles or wentz that #1 in my book the rest,?its why they won the SB and made the playoffs..

2.Saints Brees and they use that kid hill and have the ex Vikings kid

3-Ravens had LJ and Flacco if they wanted him
4. Colts Luck to Brissett..
chargers backup to Rivers to Clemens??
Tribisky and Daniels?.
Cowboys Dak to rush
Seatle Wilson to ?
Rams Goff to?
Ne Brady to?
Mahomes to?
Texans DW to?weeden still?

maybe theres arent a lot of hope at backups we arent the only ones from what I can tell..