*** The Dak Prescott Thread **merged**

mahoneybill

Reaction score
We don’t have the personnel.

We have absolutely zero team speed.

Dez is slow. T- Will is average. Witten is beyond slow. Beasley is quick but apparently doesn’t go across the middle anymore.

Morris is slow. Rod Smith is slow.

We must have the slowest peronnnel in the league in offense.

Good observation. Hadn’t thought of that side.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
We don’t have the personnel.

We have absolutely zero team speed.

Dez is slow. T- Will is average. Witten is beyond slow. Beasley is quick but apparently doesn’t go across the middle anymore.

Morris is slow. Rod Smith is slow.

We must have the slowest peronnnel in the league in offense.

Don’t slight Dez and T-Will because Dak is horrible throwing anything past 5 yards. Dez would be having a big year if Romo was still playing

mitchell2254

Reaction score
Not at all.

Face facts, man. Dez is done.
Face facts, Dak is horrible throwing deep. Dez is a deep threat with a noodle arm QB. I’m guessing you blamed Dez on the Interception where he was quadruple covered. You will eat your words if Dez goes somewhere and gets a real QB again

canters

Reaction score
The tables are turned from last year. Dak was flourishing last year and Wentz was not. I remember folks saying Dak had a better supporting cast, more weapons, etc., Dallas was the better team, etc.

Visions of Wentz looking bad, making bad decisions and throwing knuckle balls are too fresh, even from this year, to put a canyon between Dak and Wentz in terms of skills. Dak is much better than the last two games and Wentz is not that much better, if he is better than Dak.

Wentz has a better team around him right now,,or at least a bunch of guys who are playing better than our guys. No comparison on D. Thanks JJ for all that fine drafting.

Wentz’s OL is better right now, even with their LT out.

And their coaches can make a gam plan that works with their current situation, and can be flexible when it fails to work.

superonyx

Reaction score
Wentz IS more talented than Dak. Sunday showed us that Wentz has better tactical awareness in the field, a far better arm and accuracy, better escapability, leadership, and can find the open receiver. Dak is not Wentz but has very good ability with a good cast of players around him and good schemes to play in. He just can not carry a team on his shoulders when the team becomes average or just below average.
Do you mean like Wentz did when they won 6 games last year (7th doesn’t count. We played Sanchez).
When Wentz was the 28th ranked passer?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Meh. Even when Garett coached a team quarterbacked by Wentz in the Senior Bowl, it lost.

You're looking through the wrong pair of glasses.

egn22

Reaction score
So we are on a cowboys forum, we lose to the eagles, and fans rush to declare their QB is better than our QB.......

Why?????

Our QB had a historic rookie year, did the unthinkable in after being a 4th rd pick who was slotted to be a career backup, TOOK the starting job and then led us to the playoffs.

But yeah let’s kiss some eagles @$$ since they beat us without some of our strongest weapons. Let’s declare Wentz a god, because he has a coach that knows how to make halftime adjustments, while we have one that walks into each game with a set it and forget it plan. Either it works or it don’t, either way, this is what we do.

Dak is our QB. I believe in him, and i don’t care about what the Eagles have going on over there. So take the Wentz lust the hell outta here please.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz IS more talented than Dak. Sunday showed us that Wentz has better tactical awareness in the field, a far better arm and accuracy, better escapability, leadership, and can find the open receiver. Dak is not Wentz but has very good ability with a good cast of players around him and good schemes to play in. He just can not carry a team on his shoulders when the team becomes average or just below average.
You don't have to sound so happy about it. RG3 was better than cousins at this point in their careers too. Let's see what happens I the next couple of seaaons

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Dak definitely needs a better supporting cast at WR and TE...

And needs to fine tune his mechanics, as he's slowly turning into Blake Bortles.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So we are on a cowboys forum, we lose to the eagles, and fans rush to declare their QB is better than our QB.......

Why?????

Our QB had a historic rookie year, did the unthinkable in after being a 4th rd pick who was slotted to be a career backup, TOOK the starting job and then led us to the playoffs.

But yeah let’s kiss some eagles @$$ since they beat us without some of our strongest weapons. Let’s declare Wentz a god, because he has a coach that knows how to make halftime adjustments, while we have one that walks into each game with a set it and forget it plan. Either it works or it don’t, either way, this is what we do.

Dak is our QB. I believe in him, and i don’t care about what the Eagles have going on over there. So take the Wentz lust the hell outta here please.

Because there’s been numerous posts/threads declaring Dak the better QB and crapping on Wentz. It’s topical.

Ken

Reaction score
Never has there been more of an overreaction to 168 yards passing in the history of the world.

egn22

Reaction score
Because there’s been numerous posts/threads declaring Dak the better QB and crapping on Wentz. It’s topical.

Timing is everything, and seeing this right after we got a mud hole stomped in our @$$es didn’t sit well with me. Especially knowing that a major part of Daks struggles are due to inferior coaching.
Anyway, got it out of my system, all good now.

Noclaf

Reaction score

Why?????

Why? because he is better, light years better. Without Zeke Dak is nothing and we have seen that in the last 2 games. Zeke should of been rookie of the year

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Absolutely, but that’s a contest that is revisited every year, twice each year. The contest was also over last year with Dak the winner...the guy with the best team around him has performed best each year...no big surprise there. May be an entirely different thing in December when Dak has Smith and Zeke and Lee.