*** The Dak Prescott Thread **merged**

kevm3

Reaction score
We're heading right towards 8 and 8 just like we were during many of those Romo years. I don't get this notion that Romo is going to step in and turn this into a 12 and 4 year. Blame this garbage season on the FO first and foremost who felt like they had to make no real moves in free agency... and then for retaining this coaching staff.

noletime95

Reaction score
Lol...blind faith. Are u even real? Your either a complete troll or completely clueless. You keep up the dak sucks train and I’ll fire up the Garrett sucks wagon. Enjoy.
Again, didn’t say Dak sucks, just suggesting he’s still largely unproven. Don’t put words in my mouth. This is a real discussion not a name calling contest.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Ok then draft a qb and ship Dak to Cleveland

We should have put Romo back in when he got healthy last season and traded Dak for as much as we could get after his hot streak to start the season in the offseason. Probably could've got quite a bit from the Browns.

CWR

Reaction score
When the opponent scores over 30 points, Cowboys are 0-4.

When the opponent scores under 30 points, Cowboys are 5-1.

Yep, clearly QB is the issue.

Its is possible for both the defense and the QB to have bad games.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I wish I could see Dak with a competent coaching staff and a WR core who knows how to get open and make catches. Sucks when his most reliable option is Witten who is a shell of his former self.

Young QBs under a terrible staff is a bad combo.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
We can win games with Dak, he'll be fine. He's not that gunslinger of your dreams and frankly he doesn't need to be to be highly effective. Better coaching would help but even with our "worst coaching stuff ever" Dak has shown real quality. You know how hard it is to find a viable option at QB? We have that here folks and you should be great full.

We can win if everything is perfect around him. He doesn’t have the accuracy to scare the defense deep and he won’t even take off and use his feet unless it’s designed like McNabb did early in his career.

Dak has not shown real quality to win a game. He’s just a bus driver. NFL teams are only as good as their QBs. Ours is an 8-8 player.

stiletto

Reaction score
I’m typically more then ready to argue it up, but it’s really just not worth it. Dak is a star. If you can’t see that, again it’s not worth the time. Just like homers don’t like Wentz. The guy is a stud. Easy to see.

I agree, this was a bad game for him. He is a little rattled but he is no Quimphy... This coaching staff is absolute garbage. Garret, Linnehan all of them are gutless turds.

sbark

Reaction score
In all seriousness. Where are the pick plays to help WR’s gain seperation?

I swear to god they run routes from 30 years ago.
There I agree.........they could help Dak out so so so much with N.E. and or G.Bays rub routes, some of N.Orleans Peytons scheme.......Garrett seems to refuse to want to "borrow" stuff that works,

Gaede

Reaction score
Seems like his footwork has regressed. Not as much zip on his passes.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Meh. I can't really say anything about Dak. When he had Romo on the sideline - you know the real head coach - he did pretty good.

Sydla

Reaction score
I wish I could see Dak with a competent coaching staff and a WR core who knows how to get open and make catches. Sucks when his most reliable option is Witten who is a shell of his former self.

Young QBs under a terrible staff is a bad combo.

I throw this nugget out.

With a competent, innovative offensive coaching staff, I suspect our WRs would magically look better.

Funny how stuff like that works. Crappy players suddenly look better with competent coaching.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I like Dak but if you arent somewhat concerned right now I dont know what would concern you. His passing game has regressed this year.

I have high hopes for him as he is a tough kid, with excellent character, heart and work ethic. But he is definitely in a funk. I realize his numbers have been really good but he has missed a ton of throws. He has made a ton of plays as well.

All I was hoping for was incremental improvement and I dont believe thats the case so far this season.

However, the deck has certainly been stacked against him this year starting with awful matchups out of the gate and now losing Zeke while our Oline falls apart after losing Leary, Free and now Smith.

All said the rest of this season will be revealing as to what we actually have. Am I writing him off? Hell no. But hes gonna have to show something. Every QB cant always have everything perfect and everyone healthy. Adapt and overcome, thats the game. Fwiw Id still bet on him.
Well we have to start passing more down the field. Can't keep dinking and dunking all the time especially when your star RB is AWOL.

Reactions: CWR

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I like Dak but if you arent somewhat concerned right now I dont know what would concern you. His passing game has regressed this year.

I have high hopes for him as he is a tough kid, with excellent character, heart and work ethic. But he is definitely in a funk. I realize his numbers have been really good but he has missed a ton of throws. He has made a ton of plays as well.

All I was hoping for was incremental improvement and I dont believe thats the case so far this season.

However, the deck has certainly been stacked against him this year starting with awful matchups out of the gate and now losing Zeke while our Oline falls apart after losing Leary, Free and now Smith.

All said the rest of this season will be revealing as to what we actually have. Am I writing him off? Hell no. But hes gonna have to show something. He cant always have everything perfect and everyone healthy. Adapt and overcome, thats the game. Fwiw Id still bet on him.
Nicely put.

Reactions: CWR

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We're heading right towards 8 and 8 just like we were during many of those Romo years. I don't get this notion that Romo is going to step in and turn this into a 12 and 4 year. Blame this garbage season on the FO first and foremost who felt like they had to make no real moves in free agency... and then for retaining this coaching staff.

Romo was the difference between 8-8 and 4-12

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
So you want him to make plays for his receivers too, who can't get open or stretch a defense vertically.

No I want him to throw some good looking passes. It seems like the staff doesn’t trust him
to throw much downfield and our offense is based on being a vertical threat. Dak just doesn’t fit in right now. They have pretty much turned the offense into a read option west coast offense in order to work around his limitations.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
The season is over. But the next four games are meaningful for Dak. If he doesn’t start producing like an NFL QB without Zeke, I hope the Cowboy brass is willing to consider competition for Dak if he doesn’t finish the season strong. Lots of QBs in the draft and on the market.
I hate threads like this. Dak made Romo retire as a rookie. Dak is not the problem.