The Dak sucks thread **merged**

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
This offense doesnt work when it is missing one piece. It never has.

Doesnt matter if it is a WR or a running back or a tackle or a center. The defense always knows what is coming. So everything has to be done precisely which doesn't happen when a back up is in.

The scheme is putrid and we double down by having horrible coaching and triple down by having a front office who refuse to add any pieces of consequence in free agency.

The cycle is on repeat

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak's not going to beat good teams. He's a backup who can do just enough to hang in with bad to average teams. Nothing more nothing less. His biggest problems is his fear in the pocket. Afraid to throw the tight passes and the fear of getting hit. Pocket awareness is a mess but he's our QB. :\

Blake

Reaction score
Well, I’m not gonna lie or try to shift blame. That was a really bad performance.

He gets the rest of this season to figure it out. Or it’s
Over and draft a QB high in the off season.

That was bad.

6 games max. You don't let a struggling qb finish out the season, but then again this is Dallas.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yes, good for him - not really the point. No one is asking for Romo to come back, it's the simple fact that an injury prone QB is better than this should be career backup we have starting right now.

Dak is doo doo. Everyone here wants you to admit it, so admit it.
I will say this. I am keeping my eye on the Oregon Qb. HERBERT.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Blaming it all on Dak is just stupid. The line didn't block, the receivers were blanketed, the play calling sucked and yet Dak had more yards passing than the great Cam Newton. Dak needs to run more and get out of the pocket. You can't evaluate a QB under Garrets reign. Too many quitters on this forum and knee jerk reactions in a game we were supposed to lose.....
So you are saying that since Garrett/Linehan system sucks we need to give Dak a pass, and to think under a guy Like Romo this same offense looked like one of the better ones consistency wise.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Psrt of me thinks, Jones saw that Romo would not finish his contract, and the injury was perfect reason to elevate Dak, I also think that Witten left moreso because he saw that there was nothing on the offense and probably knew they were going to jettison Dez.
You could be 100% correct. Unfortunately it does not lessen the myopic decision's impact--in the short- or long-term.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Hard to step into your throws when you'd be stepping onto your offensive lineman. Dak had pressure in his face almost the entire game.

he didn't have pressure in his face the entire game and he was inaccurate often when he had time in the pocket. Please stop, the game has only been over for about a half hour, you can't revise history this fast haha

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is Problem # 1 for our Team....dream that he will get better dream dream dream but in the end # 4 doesn't have the GOD given talent to start at QB for any NFL team esp America's team!!!
I feel ya pappy. You get a lot of backlash around here. It’s probably how you present things but hey things don’t look good for Quattro right now

Haimerej

Reaction score
Remember all the back and forth during the offseason/preseason about Dak not being able to throw the intermediate out route? His supporters kept saying he could. It's kind of poetic that he missed an open guy running that route on the 4th and 10/last best chance to score.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Prescott will be the featured quarterback for a number of years. He has the potential to live up to the hype. He has shown it. But being shortsighted will not change his longevity because his performance does not meet expectations outside of Jones'.

He's terrible and most likely will not receive a second contract as a starter in the league. He's a backup, IMO