News: The Dallas Cowboys are in love with Kyle Pitts and have spoken to him already

jcollins28

Reaction score
I think this is a smoke show. Dallas has rarely been overly vocal about their first-round picks (especially for a pick that isn't a position of need). Jerry out there baiting someone to trade up in front of Dallas so their real pick has a better chance of falling down to them IMO.

LittleD

Reaction score
I dont disagree with you there. Taking Pitts, like taking Zeke at 4 is something Jerry would jump at.

I think Pitts is the only player in this draft outside the no. 1 QB that Jerry might give up 2 no. 1 draft picks to get. He made that mistake a few years ago with Mo Claiborne and it didn't work out.
Jerry passed on Moss and it haunted him for years as Moss spanked our butts year after year. Jerry will only pay up for offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Believe what you will. Bucky Brooks knows players and there are others in the business who thinks it would be a monumental error to draft him that high. Drafting for need almost always gets you into
trouble for years.

I cant believe that if we get a shot at the #1 defensive player in the draft that he isnt going to be quality.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I guess its like being in love with Miss Universe....whoa, get in line buckaroos. yes, the back of the line, 10 spots down.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think Pitts is the only player in this draft outside the no. 1 QB that Jerry might give up 2 no. 1 draft picks to get. He made that mistake a few years ago with Mo Claiborne and it didn't work out.
Jerry passed on Moss and it haunted him for years as Moss spanked our butts year after year. Jerry will only pay up for offense.
I agree. Only thing is. There’s gonna be other teams looking to get up for Pitts too. Now do we get into a bidding war? Or do they do final offer two firsts snd maybe a third ?

LittleD

Reaction score
I agree. Only thing is. There’s gonna be other teams looking to get up for Pitts too. Now do we get into a bidding war? Or do they do final offer two firsts snd maybe a third ?

Jerry might offer all 10 picks this year for Pitts. Maybe even our 1st next year to boot.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It's funny how the draftniks have now gone all in on Pitts. Just watched a clip where McShay and Kiper were debating what Dallas should do. McShay has now put TE as one of Dallas' biggest needs. He says if they can't get Pitts they should trade down to no lower than 15 and take the best corner then get their TE in Round 2 and lists the other TEs available. Just ridiculous. TE is about 6th on the list of needs for this team. Schultz and Jarwin can do the job...the ONLY consideration for TE is Pitts as a generational level player of he were there.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
For a RB, never. For a sure HOF pass catcher...maybe???
Haha he is something else. There’s a special on ESPN featuring horn fields pitts and parsons. Parsons is very unlikeable. He’s very immature. Anc I’m a parsons fan but it’s cringe watching his immaturity. Pitts is cool snd collected. Knows he’s going to do great things.

LittleD

Reaction score
Haha he is something else. There’s a special on ESPN featuring horn fields pitts and parsons. Parsons is very unlikeable. He’s very immature. Anc I’m a parsons fan but it’s cringe watching his immaturity. Pitts is cool snd collected. Knows he’s going to do great things.

Even with the QB's that will be selected first. Pitts is the closest thing to a sure thing in this draft. Think Moss at the TE position

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Even with the QB's that will be selected first. Pitts is the closest thing to a sure thing in this draft. Think Moss at the TE position
That seems to be the consensus. If you look at jimmy Johnson trade value chart. If they traded our first and two thirds they can go up to 4. We Keep our second and not giving up a first next year

the_h0wey

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/kyle-pitts-to-dallas-cowboys-jones-talking-to-gator-te

According to multiple reports, the Cowboys have fallen in love with Florida tight end Kyle Pitts. Then again, who hasn't at this point in the draft process.

The former Gator is a unicorn prospect who can do a little bit of everything. A solid in-line blocker with the ability to make stellar catches on the perimeter, line him up anywhere and watch Pitts play.
He'll never get to the Boys and we have too many needs to trade up to get him. It's a pipe dream that won't happen lads

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/kyle-pitts-to-dallas-cowboys-jones-talking-to-gator-te

According to multiple reports, the Cowboys have fallen in love with Florida tight end Kyle Pitts. Then again, who hasn't at this point in the draft process.

The former Gator is a unicorn prospect who can do a little bit of everything. A solid in-line blocker with the ability to make stellar catches on the perimeter, line him up anywhere and watch Pitts play.

If true, say goodbye to our 2nd round pick when Jerry coerces the Bengals to exchange Pick 10 for a Pick 5 in the first round and gives up the 2nd round pick to the Bengals. If Pitts falls to the 6th pick, the Dolls are sure to want this home state favorite.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Everyone should be in love with Pitts. We’re talking about a Calvin Johnson-like talent here.

It’d be crazy to pass him up at 10.

Matey, Pitts wont last until the 10th.
The only way we get Pitts is if Jerry surrenders a 2nd round pick so we can move up to the 5th pick in the first round. We are now paying the wages of sin for not tanking in those really important late season games no one remembers anymore.:mad: