News: The Dallas Cowboys are in love with Kyle Pitts and have spoken to him already

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Everyone should be in love with Pitts. We’re talking about a Calvin Johnson-like talent here.

It’d be crazy to pass him up at 10.
Electric Wizard is like listening to Glenn Danzig in the 60's, pushing the envelope to the max.
And I never thought about your siggy sig before now...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh man remember that guy who made the weekly tank watch threads and some posters just couldn't fathom why a pick or two difference really matters sometimes

Go Dalton though am I right
I'm certain the giant font jogged many people's brains.
Good usage of an online tool!

Brains have been changed and we're now sitting on our loungers laughing at them.

Tools!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If Pitts makes it to the Lions, either 75 or 99 and 138 can get them up there. With extra comp picks, it wouldn't affect their draft class too much. I highly doubt they use all 10 picks this yr.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Drafting Pitts in Dallas would be a disservice for him. Pitts needs to be drafted to a team that utilizes the TE as a focal point, much like KC does with Kelce. In Dallas, Pitts would be spectacular, but his involvement would be limited. With the likes of Cooper, Lamb, Zeke, and Gallup.. the opportunities would be limited.

That said, his 6’6” frame at 240lbs.. he’s basically a big WR. Which isn’t a bad thing, but some of the amazing catches he had in college will be curved by capable and very elite sized CBs at the NFL level. I’m sure he’ll still have his wow moments.. but I personally don’t believe he’ll be the game changer that most believe he is. There’s a reason why we don’t see ‘Kelce’ like production from TEs every year. 1) They have to play in a scheme that uses the TE as a focal point, or WR1 2) They not only need to be big and run, they have to run intelligent routes.

Personally, I believe our TE group is pretty solid.. people seem to forget that Jarwin was on the verge of a breakout season before he was hurt. Schultz proved to be a very complimentary TE last year if you consider the production of our WRs, Zeke’s guaranteed load, and the QBs that were throwing to him. And the new Addition of Sprinkle is underrated. He’s a ‘lunch pail’ type TE that can block and do the dirty work that traditional TEs are asked to do. And his receiving ability will surprise.

I say all this to say this.. Pitts would be a luxury pick that Dallas can’t afford to do. TE is definitely not a need, but I suppose if Dallas did draft him.. that’s become the norm for a team that hasn’t sniffed even a championship game in 25+ years.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At this point, just trade up and grab him
You can also move a WR in a separate trade and recoup some assets. Given his 2020 production and the fact that he will likely be willing to take a smaller salary for more guaranteed money after 2021, you could probably get a 1st for Cooper

lwehlers

Reaction score
Only in Dallas can you have a historically bad defense the year before with needs at CB, DT, S and LB and use a top 10 pick on a TE.
if the jones are stupid enough to trade up for a tightend this team is hopeless. i am against trading a first in next years draft for another offensive player when the defense is probably the worst in the league. there is a reason why this team will never reach a championship game again because the jones will again ignore that defense still wins championships.

LittleD

Reaction score
like a few other loser teams recently, Jerry may trade his entire draft class and possibly some next year to get Pitts this year. What Jerry wants, he gets.
Guys, this is not about making it to SBs, it's about putting thousands of butts in his expensive boxes and seats. Jerry loves the Cowboys but he worships at the alter of big MO.

dfense

Reaction score
Smoke screen.

And Jerry really wanted Manzel to, right.

Knotamus

Reaction score
if the jones are stupid enough to trade up for a tightend this team is hopeless. i am against trading a first in next years draft for another offensive player when the defense is probably the worst in the league. there is a reason why this team will never reach a championship game again because the jones will again ignore that defense still wins championships.

At this point, those wanted to trade a 1st next year and/or whatever it takes to draft Pitts..

They will be the same people complaining and saying how stupid the FO is for ignoring the defense and not having a 1st Rd pick come next year.. some fans really just exhaust me. Smh.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

It boggles the mind. Sure Pitts is good but you already have the highest paid RB, one of the highest paid WRs and CeeDee. Enough. Fix the damn defense. Jerry is an idiot though. He will grab Pitts.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
It's scary that this is starting to make sense to me. I mean, our strategy last year at the start was to score 50 on every team we faced, because we suspected our D would stink...we just didn't think it would be THAT bad. But it is that bad, and one draft won't solve it, not with an owner who refuses to utilize Free Agency. So...let's try attempt # 2 at the Greatest Show on Turf? Just score 50 each game and hope our new DC can do enough patchwork with our scrubs to eek out wins. But that would also mean Dak needs to play above an 8-8 level, and Zeke needs to become relevant again. You know what? Let's do it. If we're paying Dak like he's the best QB in the game, and we aren't going to ever make a splash in FA, load the offense.