The Dallas Cowboys have addressed all but one of their major needs this offseason

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I’M delusional?!? Are you freakin’ serious? Listen Bub, I live in Pa., surrounded by these Philly cretins, and believe me, they’re OBSESSED with the Dallas Cowboys. They could go 2-15, but if those two wins were over Dallas, they’d celebrate. They hold “Dallas Week” before each meeting every season, complete with talk shows, rallies, seances, giveaways, parades, magic shows, and whatever other excuse they can to conjure hatred for the Dallas Cowboys. Despite our 26 year Super Bowl drought, we are still superior in every possible way, including spanking them by three TDs last year, both times! Adding insult to injury, our indifference to Philly INFURIATES them. Remember their lone SB win a few years back? The city had to grease the light poles so they didn’t injure themselves. Fans were seen chomping on road apples left by police horses, simply for the “look at me” factor. Yes, far too many Philly fans are overly obsessed with the Cowboys. That’s just a FACT!

Philly laughing at us is like the 600 lb. man laughing at the 300 lb. man for being fat…or the Night Manager at Burger King calling the billionaire CEO a stupid loser! THAT’S delusion!
I lived in eagles country for a while as well. You what you think is obsession is derision. You apparently have no idea the Cowboys have as their peer group teams like the Jets and Lions - aka the jokes of the league, where as the Eagles like it or not are the only professionally run franchise in the division, and the results for the last 25 years bear that out.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Not generally. It’s not smart, but Philly IS obsessed with us, and they have multiple picks in the first. Remember when they grabbed that TE, Dallas what’s-his-name? They knew we needed a TE. I’m just saying, it wouldn’t surprise me ONE BIT if they went after a premier OL
You sound like the kind of person (delusions of grandeur) that would get along great with Jerry.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Some fans are as blind as Jerry. They see with their own eyes what a liability a player like LVE is, year after year. We bring him back, suddenly we good at that position. No backup plan for when he stinks or gets hurt again. But we like our guys.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Moves_So_Far.png

As it stands offensive line is the biggest position of need for the Cowboys and the best answer for that might in fact come during next month’s draft. This week we launched a series on the Blogging The Boys YouTube Channel (make sure to subscribe which you can do right here) called ‘Mock Draft Monday’ (a name that nobody has ever used before!) where we run through mock drafts to figure out options that would work well for the Cowboys.

When Dallas was on the clock we were fortunate enough to be sitting in a spot where Tyler Linderbaum, Kenyon Green, and Zion Johnson were all there. Obviously this was just one exercise and one of many ways that things could play out a few weeks from now, but seeing a world where Dallas has options should make us all feel better about the glaring need at left guard at the moment.

It is possible that the Cowboys do still look to add a veteran to their offensive front in line with how they tend to approach free agency in general. The initial waves of the acquisition period are over, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t find someone like they did Ty Nsekhe last year (although that was a bit earlier in the process than now).

If history is any indication the Cowboys will add an offensive lineman at some point before the draft. Time will tell.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...l-but-one-of-their-major-needs-this-offseason
Our division opponents have 6 of the first 19 picks. Claiming we have done anything but move backwards is absurd theater.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Some fans are as blind as Jerry. They see with their own eyes what a liability a player like LVE is, year after year. We bring him back, suddenly we good at that position. No backup plan for when he stinks or gets hurt again. But we like our guys.

You do realise that LVE is getting paid just $2m this year (that's $1.8m less than 2021)....you do realise that signing him does mean there wont be any restriction on drafting an upgrade or signing a veteran. Indeed, the whole LB corp and set-up is likely to depend upon on Quinn's outlook for Micah.

Creeper

Reaction score

LVE actually played really well the last 5 games of the season. PFF scored him very highly for those games. We re-signed him for 1 year and $3 million. The money is peanuts and the commitment is minimal. If he plays like he did the last 5 games then we struck gold. If he doesn't then its not a major financial commitment and he leaves next season. It was one of the smarter signings the Cowboys made this offseason.

If he gets hurt, the backup plan is the same as last year. Gifford replaces him - or Cox does. And if that isn't a good plan then I am fairly certain they can acquire a veteran LB after June 1 to back him up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They’re going to bank on the draft to improve the OL which is a risky move although they’ve had some good luck the past decade with first round picks on the OL. Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zach Martin. The odds are pretty good they’ll go OL with their first pick in April. A pass rusher is also a possibility.

fivetwos

Reaction score
To me the biggest need is RB, but I can see OG to replace Connor Williams too. The only problem with that is I’d like to see them build around Parsons and Diggs. I still don’t understand the Gallup deal, but maybe they’ll go OL and DE early, then try to scoop up some LBs a RB and WR later. They’ll have to get lucky in the mid rounds in my opinion. RB might not be that hard to get, I don’t even know if Zeke is healthy either.
I'm with you more than most on RB as an immediate need....but folks probably realize that player won't get any time over Elliott and Pollard anyway.

Not only are fresh legs desperately needed, but if they don't get ahead of this they are going to end up signing Pollard for like 5m per after cutting Elliott because there's no one else.

....and compounding the mistake, which they LOVE to do.

Same deal at TE....which is why other than the obvious glaring holes, I hope they pick up a RB and TE in the early to mid rounds.

bewp7

Reaction score
i do not understand how cowboys addresssed any need at all when they lost a lot of talent and did nothing to replace any of it unless u think dante fowler = randy gregory then idk

right now they are a much worse roster then they had at the end of 2021 season that is just a fact

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Forcing each person in a given position group into a role to which they are not suited is another way of saying 'dropoff'.
Nope. It’s the natural progression that every team makes when they lose a player at a specific position for whatever reason (trade, cut, retirement, etc.). Younger players (and less expensive) are generally expected to move up the roster and replace players. It’s just how it works.

ESisback

Reaction score
I lived in eagles country for a while as well. You what you think is obsession is derision. You apparently have no idea the Cowboys have as their peer group teams like the Jets and Lions - aka the jokes of the league, where as the Eagles like it or not are the only professionally run franchise in the division, and the results for the last 25 years bear that out.
Oh, do they? The Eagles are the only professionally run team in the division?!? Hilarious delusion. DESPITE the lack of SBs in the last 26 years, Dallas has a much larger fanbase, much more worth as a franchise, better ratings, more coverage, more Lombardi’s, more playoff wins, a better stadium and nickname, and they lead by a wide margin in head to head matchups with Philly, not to mention sweeping both games last year, each by three TDs. Those are indisputable facts, and you can debate it all day, and just look stupid. So go ahead, prove me right by arguing.

ESisback

Reaction score
LVE actually played really well the last 5 games of the season. PFF scored him very highly for those games. We re-signed him for 1 year and $3 million. The money is peanuts and the commitment is minimal. If he plays like he did the last 5 games then we struck gold. If he doesn't then its not a major financial commitment and he leaves next season. It was one of the smarter signings the Cowboys made this offseason.

If he gets hurt, the backup plan is the same as last year. Gifford replaces him - or Cox does. And if that isn't a good plan then I am fairly certain they can acquire a veteran LB after June 1 to back him up.
Yep, and I trust Quinn’s judgement FAR MORE than all the deadly serious armchair GM’s who pout because they can’t brag at the water cooler whenever they need an ego boost.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
i do not understand how cowboys addresssed any need at all when they lost a lot of talent and did nothing to replace any of it unless u think dante fowler = randy gregory then idk

right now they are a much worse roster then they had at the end of 2021 season that is just a fact

This, you basically resigned your own players who were just average at best, don’t win SB with average or sub players.

kevm3

Reaction score
So we replaced Cedric Wilson and maybe Randy Gregory, and the guys we brought in might be a downgrade for both of them. We still have a huge problem with O line. We also better hope that CeeDee significantly steps his game up and gets rid of the drops and Gallup isn't injured for most of the year. We have 4 starters that we are expecting to replace in the draft? I'm not sure how that is a recipe for success unless success is just fielding a team and not attempting to win a superbowl

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
The players we lost were inconsistent and could not be counted on.

Collins suspensions, drug test.

Cooper being taken out of games, no shows on the road. Many of games he legit just quit

Gregory runs hot and cold. Good games against Carolina, New England, Washington. Never played a full season.

We didn’t lose prime Dez, Martin or Ware.

Yes ! This Cooper just flat out wasn't cuttin it. Now I'll admit I was cool on him early in his career w/ The Raiders and saw his signing here

As not that much of a big deal. Like you said He was no Dez.

The other two were clusterphks that's all I have to say about that. Sometimes you gotta let a man go. to get to the right one

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Moves_So_Far.png

As it stands offensive line is the biggest position of need for the Cowboys and the best answer for that might in fact come during next month’s draft. This week we launched a series on the Blogging The Boys YouTube Channel (make sure to subscribe which you can do right here) called ‘Mock Draft Monday’ (a name that nobody has ever used before!) where we run through mock drafts to figure out options that would work well for the Cowboys.

When Dallas was on the clock we were fortunate enough to be sitting in a spot where Tyler Linderbaum, Kenyon Green, and Zion Johnson were all there. Obviously this was just one exercise and one of many ways that things could play out a few weeks from now, but seeing a world where Dallas has options should make us all feel better about the glaring need at left guard at the moment.

It is possible that the Cowboys do still look to add a veteran to their offensive front in line with how they tend to approach free agency in general. The initial waves of the acquisition period are over, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t find someone like they did Ty Nsekhe last year (although that was a bit earlier in the process than now).

If history is any indication the Cowboys will add an offensive lineman at some point before the draft. Time will tell.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...l-but-one-of-their-major-needs-this-offseason
There biggest need...was to get BETTER. They have not done that. There OL got worse. There WR corps got worse. There DL got worse. The TE, LB, CB, RB, QB stayed the same...and those same players just lost a home playoff game that was not close and they struggled against good teams last year. So miss me with them addressing there "needs". They filled vacant roster spots...that's what they've done. Bobby Wagner would be a real difference maker that would allow us to be flexible with Parsons. THAT would be a signal that they want to go further than they did last year.