The Dark Knight Rises **merged**

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;4573073 said:
Not true. It's actually inspired by THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, NO MAN'S LAND, and KNIGHTFALL.

i was talking about the cowl.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys&LakersFan;4572806 said:
Cheesy was Ang Lee's Hulk film. Christopher Nolan does not do cheesy unless he orders extra for his pizza.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
https://lh5.***BROKEN***/--1o5pQorRPk/T76Xl41jEbI/AAAAAAAALiE/y_KGx8P6_zk/w497-h373/batman-remember.jpg

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4573162 said:
I still don't understand how you don't see any similarities from the comic cowl.

The cowl in Batman Begins was very close ....... they changed it for no reason in the second movie.

Nolan was like ...... "he could not turn his head"

I was thinking how he has a guy dress up as a bat fighting a guy dressed up as a scarecrow and a clown, and he is worried about it being believable how his head moves?

StevenOtero

Reaction score
zrinkill;4573179 said:
The cowl in Batman Begins was very close ....... they changed it for no reason in the second movie.

I was thinking how he has a guy dress up as a bat fighting a guy dressed up as a scarecrow and a clown, and he is worried about it being believable how his head moves?
I know what you're saying, I like the Begins suit better overall. Though I don't have problem with how this looks:

6C926.jpg

...and even if I did have a problem with the new suit, it wouldn't by any means ruin the movie for me.

I sure as hell won't miss this abortion:

a5LRb.jpg

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4573223 said:
I know what you're saying, I like the Begins suit better overall.

I have been reading the comic for 30 years and the Begins suit was the closest thing to the comics version on live action film (except for BATMAN: DEAD END, but that is a conversation for another thread)

The Begins suit was great.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/batmancomic.jpg

The round headed Cowl reminds me to much of he only other round headed Batman that shamed comic fans for decades.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/round-batman.jpg

Hopefully Nolan keeps the new suit in the shadows (in which it still looks good), more in this movie than the last ...... though there looks to be a daytime fight with Bane.

Overall I expect the movie to be very good ....... just the aesthetic of the Batman cowl bothers me (much like the Captain America suit in the Avengers)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The crappy part about this is having to wait, who knows how long, for the next reboot. It took 5 years for Spiderman, dunno if I can wait another 5 for more Batman. Especially since i still have fantasies about a Justice League movie.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
TheCount;4573385 said:
The crappy part about this is having to wait, who knows how long, for the next reboot. It took 5 years for Spiderman, dunno if I can wait another 5 for more Batman. Especially since i still have fantasies about a Justice League movie.
I believe we'll be getting Batman on the silver screen again quicker than you think. It makes sense for Warner Bros. to re-boot Batman (damn you to hell WB if it's another origin) sooner rather than later to get a Justice League or World's Finest movie going.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4573432 said:
I believe we'll be getting Batman on the silver screen again quicker than you think. It makes sense for Warner Bros. to re-boot Batman (damn you to hell WB if it's another origin) sooner rather than later to get a Justice League or World's Finest movie going.

I agree.

DC has to be drooling over the thought of a Justice League movie after the Avengers success.

Though it may take a few years to establish all the characters if they want to do it right.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
zrinkill;4573179 said:

OK, the cowl, gotcha...

It's the same, except the cowl itself in TDK and RISES fits like a helmet. The neck is a completely separate piece. In BEGINS, the cowl and neck were one piece, not two. I like both, but prefer v. 2 better.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4573508 said:
That's Bane? He's much bigger in the Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

I was about to post about this. Doesn't look like a man who took that venom serum. I wonder if he'll be intelligent like in the comics.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Afigueroa22;4573512 said:
I was about to post about this. Doesn't look like a man who took that venom serum. I wonder if he'll be intelligent like in the comics.

No venom for this version of Bane. He inhales some sort of pain-killing gas that keeps his severe pain down to a level that allows him to function. And yes, he's Batman's physical and intellectual equal.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4573508 said:
That's Bane? He's much bigger in the Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.
Bane in the Arkham games is a complete and utter ******. A horrible depiction of the character.