The Dark Knight Rises *Spoiler Thread*

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
TheCount;4639582 said:
Superman turned back time by reversing the rotation of the earth.

Think about that for a second. He stopped the earths rotation, no one flew off, the moon didn't fly away, the oceans didn't empty... TIME STOPPED and then REVERSED!

/argument :laugh2:

Seriously though, arguments like this come down to cannon definitions of these heroes. If you want to go off-cannon, then you can drag in Superman Prime, who is more or less god incarnate.

Cannon Hulk vs Cannon Superman has to go to Hulk. Superman was just too conventional - a product of the era. The idea of lifting a car above your head was considered wild for that era, much less having a bullet clang off your chest. He wasn't even originally imagined to be capable of flight.

Hulk doesn't have that limitation. He was created with the idea of his strength being tied directly to his anger and no physical limitation to that strength.

Good post

Hulk punched a hole through the space-time continuum. And held the core of a black hole.

Hulk emits gamma radiation which is the same radiation as a Red Sun emits. This radiation strips Superman of his powers. Hulk’s mere presence would weaken Superman. If Supes gets close enough to hit Hulk, he is defeated instantly because of this radiation factor. Face to face with Hulk, Superman would only be Clark Kent.

Supes prime is scary. Dunno if he could beat Sentry though (Sentry is Superman on crack) DC and their over powered characters.

Oh, Hulks strength isnt only tied to anger, its all negative emotions.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;4639350 said:
Rune Thor would kill Supes, hell Trion Juggernaut would.

It would have never got to that point, he would have left Supes a bloody mess then kept going. Even Thanos (Marvels equivalent to Darkseid) who is probably the heaviest hitter in the Marvel universe stated he wouldnt want to face that incarnation of the Hulk. Superman does tire out in a long fight. Just look at how tired Superman got when he fought Doomsday and Darkseid.

And it took ALL of Sentrys powers (the power of 1 million exploding suns) to battle Hulk to a stand still, if the Sentry and Hulk wasnt as good of friends as they were, nothing on Earth would have stopped the Hulk, except Hulk himself.

After probing, the entity Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk's potential strength had no finite element inside. Hulk caught and held 150 billion tons in the secret wars series and the Hulk is also able to generate omnidirectional "worldbreaker" bursts of kinetic energy that completely shook the United States.

Supes is already at full strength, Hulks strength is emotionally fueled, not only anger but sadness and despair also, which is what the Hulk felt in the WWH series.

The Hulk can survive on very little sustenance(before he adapts he can hold his breath for an hour underwater or in space,which is plenty enough time for him to adapt) but after the Hulk adapts to a hostile environment (like space) he no longer needs sustenance and does not need air, water, food, or sleep. He would just adapt to the situation and defeat Superman.

But if Superman can read some poetry, sing lullabies, tell funny jokes, or do the Riverdance and somehow change the Hulk back into Banner, Banner would have enough sense to get some kryptonite and it’s a done deal anyway.

PullMyFinger;4639455 said:
Oh and BTW Hulk also held up half the Earth in the WWH series

PullMyFinger;4639458 said:
now Superman prime could probably beat world war Hulk

TheCount;4639582 said:
Superman turned back time by reversing the rotation of the earth.

Think about that for a second. He stopped the earths rotation, no one flew off, the moon didn't fly away, the oceans didn't empty... TIME STOPPED and then REVERSED!

/argument :laugh2:

Seriously though, arguments like this come down to cannon definitions of these heroes. If you want to go off-cannon, then you can drag in Superman Prime, who is more or less god incarnate.

Cannon Hulk vs Cannon Superman has to go to Hulk. Superman was just too conventional - a product of the era. The idea of lifting a car above your head was considered wild for that era, much less having a bullet clang off your chest. He wasn't even originally imagined to be capable of flight.

Hulk doesn't have that limitation. He was created with the idea of his strength being tied directly to his anger and no physical limitation to that strength.

PullMyFinger;4639601 said:
Good post

Hulk punched a hole through the space-time continuum. And held the core of a black hole.

Hulk emits gamma radiation which is the same radiation as a Red Sun emits. This radiation strips Superman of his powers. Hulk’s mere presence would weaken Superman. If Supes gets close enough to hit Hulk, he is defeated instantly because of this radiation factor. Face to face with Hulk, Superman would only be Clark Kent.

Supes prime is scary. Dunno if he could beat Sentry though (Sentry is Superman on crack) DC and their over powered characters.

Oh, Hulks strength isnt only tied to anger, its all negative emotions.
Hey, none of this actually exists. Why in the hell are you arguing over crap that is made up by people? It's up to the writer as to who would actually win.

Typical, it only takes one fanboy to de-rail a thread into a super hero contest.

rkell87

Reaction score
StevenOtero;4639924 said:
Hey, none of this actually exists. Why in the hell are you arguing over crap that is made up by people? It's up to the writer as to who would actually win.

Typical, it only takes one fanboy to de-rail a thread into a super hero contest.

because it is interesting to talk about, I read a thread about who would win between supes and goku the other day and it was pretty cool to see the arguments, one guy even broke it down scientifically finding a quote in a comic about how many times stronger supes is than an average human, then finding a point in DBZ where the power level of an average human was scaned then multiplying that by the superman number and showing that goku surpasses that number at only SSJ2. it was pretty good

joseephuss

Reaction score
I've never bought into the Hulk as having unlimited power because he is fueled by his anger or other emotion. I don't see emotion as limitless. You can only get so angry and anger and emotion do wear out. Seems like a good fuel to transform him into the Hulk and give him a quick burst of overwhelming power, but it never seemed like a long, sustainable fuel source.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Few days after seeing it, I think Hardy did an outstanding job as Bane and as a villain. He had really only his eyes to work with, and yet did such a great job portraying the type of character he did. The voice I think was perfect as well. I was afraid they'd try to make sound too evil.

Also, I need to see this movie again.

CashMan

Reaction score
Lodeus;4640206 said:

Agreed, I saw TDK about 7 times at the movies, tonight will be #2 for TDKR. Need to see it a few more times.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lodeus;4640206 said:
Few days after seeing it, I think Hardy did an outstanding job as Bane and as a villain. He had really only his eyes to work with, and yet did such a great job portraying the type of character he did. The voice I think was perfect as well. I was afraid they'd try to make sound too evil.

I agree.

I found him a captivating and compelling presence and I was riveted whenever he was on screen.

I will say - despite what some might think - it was at times difficult to understand everything he was saying, but not so much that you didn't know what was going on.

I look forward to seeing this film again and many times thereafter when I buy it day one on blu-ray.

(not soon enough!)

Mash

Reaction score
Love the Show....still liked TDK better....but again...this was a very good movie.

My only gripe was that early on....I couldnt understand what Bane was saying half the time. I kept on leaning over asking my wife...."what did he say"?

Anyone else have that problem? I went to a AVS theatre...so maybe the background music and bass were too loud...

Some other minor stuff....like how fast Bruce Wayne got back to Gotham City after being overseas in prison.....but its a super hero movie....cant get to picky about that.

Overall.....Nolan did a terrific job and one of the best trilogy made imho

Just wish they would of cleared up Bane's voice alittle behind that mask...

Lodeus

Reaction score
Mash;4640224 said:
My only gripe was that early on....I couldnt understand what Bane was saying half the time. I kept on leaning over asking my wife...."what did he say"?

Anyone else have that problem? I went to a AVS theatre...so maybe the background music and bass were too loud...

stasheroo;4640215 said:
I will say - despite what some might think - it was at times difficult to understand everything he was saying, but not so much that you didn't know what was going on.
IIRC, the only time I had trouble understanding him was when he and Batman where in the sewers fighting.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mash;4640224 said:
Love the Show....still liked TDK better....but again...this was a very good movie.

Some other minor stuff....like how fast Bruce Wayne got back to Gotham City after being overseas in prison.....but its a super hero movie....cant get to picky about that.

Overall.....Nolan did a terrific job and one of the best trilogy made imho

Just wish they would of cleared up Bane's voice alittle behind that mask...

Actually, you got the cleared up version. There were several complaints made when the teaser trailer debuted before Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. At that time, it was even more difficult to understand him.

And my own opinion is very mcuh like your own.

The film had its' flaws and leaps in logic, but for me, it didn;t change the fact that it was a very good film. Not quite as good as The Dark Knight, but very good in its' own right.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
stasheroo;4640238 said:
Actually, you got the cleared up version. There were several complaints made when the teaser trailer debuted before Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. At that time, it was even more difficult to understand him.

And my own opinion is very mcuh like your own.

The film had its' flaws and leaps in logic, but for me, it didn;t change the fact that it was a very good film. Not quite as good as The Dark Knight, but very good in its' own right.

the voice prior to them messing with it was FAR better imo after it seemed too loud and his throat movement and words didn't seem to match up

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the kid 05;4640524 said:
the voice prior to them messing with it was FAR better imo after it seemed too loud and his throat movement and words didn't seem to match up

I agree, on some points anyway. I viewed a side-by-side comparison on the internet that someone created showing before and after and I felt there were both pros and cons to the changes.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Theres only one other villain Ive ever wanted to shut up more than Bane and that was Agent Smith from the Matrix. Banes voice was too raspy, I understood maybe 60% of what he said, it was easier to understand in the beginning of the movie then latter.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4639924 said:

Says the guy obsessed with Batman. :laugh2:

"Why are you guys arguing about imaginary heroes? Can we go back to talking about Batman, who is a real person and actually exists?!"

CashMan

Reaction score
ethiostar;4641527 said:
Entertaining movie but not nearly as good as TDK, IMO.

Agreed. Saw it for the 2nd time last night, it is good, but it is almost 3hrs, and is not as good of TDK. Heath Ledgers performance was EPIC!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I saw it this weekend with the grandson and while it was entertaining, I did not think it was that good. The dialogue was cheesy as it gets. I kept waiting for the "bam", "pow", "wham" popups like were in the 60's shows. I agree I had a hard time understanding Bane. I also thought the departure of Alfred was handled so quickly you did not have a chance to feel anything about him leaving. Entertaining? yes. Good movie? no. The Avengers was a much better movie.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
TheCount;4641523 said:
Says the guy obsessed with Batman. :laugh2:

"Why are you guys arguing about imaginary heroes? Can we go back to talking about Batman, who is a real person and actually exists?!"
Yeah, because I've said Batman exists. Nope, not once.

I've just never understood the whole matching up Super Heroes when it 'we' as the reader have no control over the outcome.

It's cool to talk about the what-if scenarios, but to get in little arguments over them is rather lame.