Twitter: The deal Dak turned down, new details

Flamma

Reaction score
I am not a fan of the franchise tag, but the NFLPA agreed to it so I don't blame NFL teams for not agreeing to something like that.

It's simple really .. if it is that important to the players, make the NFLPA refuse any CBA with it by trading something else the NFL wants instead.

Don't agree to it and then try to get out of it.

While this may be true, it just seems like an odd hill to die on in this specific situation. What team franchise tags their QB going into his 10th season? Think about it, is Jerry overly concerned about his QB situation 6 years from now?

Same with Dak. Why would he let a deal fall through because he doesn't want to be tagged 6 years from now so he can play on the tag now? None of it makes sense. I have a feeling this is just a big fat rumor!

csirl

Reaction score
Dak has a bad game........his PR team start cranking out the articles to try and put pressure on the Cowboys front office to sign him. This is so predictable.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dak has a bad game........his PR team start cranking out the articles to try and put pressure on the Cowboys front office to sign him. This is so predictable.

Cowboys cant sign him, per league rules if a contract was not agreed to by July 15th he has to play the entire season on the tag.

Syron

Reaction score
While this may be true, it just seems like an odd hill to die on in this specific situation. What team franchise tags their QB going into his 10th season? Think about it, is Jerry overly concerned about his QB situation 6 years from now?

Same with Dak. Why would he let a deal fall through because he doesn't want to be tagged 6 years from now so he can play on the tag now? None of it makes sense. I have a feeling this is just a big fat rumor!
Exactly! It just seems so implausible that this is the reason the deal fell through. Especially considering if he had signed this deal, he never would have played on a franchise tag to begin with.

Writers need to write and these inside scoops are getting odd. How many of these stories have we heard now anyway? First it was the 4/5 year argument. Then the money. Then it was he wanted to be the highest paid. Then the cap was going to go way up and they wanted to see the numbers. Then it was waiting on Mahomes and Watson.

I know Jerry is an easy target, but Dak is just as responsible. Maybe it is just me, but these stories are getting old. And since no deal can be signed until the end of the season, I’m sure there will be plenty more of these to come.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Exactly! It just seems so implausible that this is the reason the deal fell through. Especially considering if he had signed this deal, he never would have played on a franchise tag to begin with.

Writers need to write and these inside scoops are getting odd. How many of these stories have we heard now anyway? First it was the 4/5 year argument. Then the money. Then it was he wanted to be the highest paid. Then the cap was going to go way up and they wanted to see the numbers. Then it was waiting on Mahomes and Watson.

I know Jerry is an easy target, but Dak is just as responsible. Maybe it is just me, but these stories are getting old. And since no deal can be signed until the end of the season, I’m sure there will be plenty more of these to come.

The reported deal would have been Dak wouldn't be able to be franchised at the end of the deal 5 years from now.

kskboys

Reaction score

No joke. This whole thing is just stupid.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Looks like we dodged a bullet fellas

We've been trying to tell y'all.

#DontpayDak