The Dez Bryant Effect

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh WOW...another Dez thread. The guy is gone...just move on and focus on what is happening now...
Of course this won't stop the whiners finding something else to whine about or be overly critical of, or another player(s) to hate on.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Meaning what exactly?
None of them are reason why he wouldn’t be the best WR on our team.
We all agree Dez needs the right situation given the timing of his release. If he was released before FA he could have gotten the longer term deal he wanted.

Yes you’re probably correct. Anyway I’m done and moving on from the Dez’s threads.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You guys are really ignorant if you think an NFL WR coach doesn't teach technique. I am not a Dooley fan, but the hate is getting out of control. This is part of the Cowboys hype machine. Sanjay Lal is a journeyman position coach who, as far as I can tell, has only produced a single 1000 yard receiver.

His stints at the Raiders, Jets, and Colts produced some of the worst WR output in the league in those respective years. Like dead bottom of the league.

If you are expecting big things out of this group, you are going to be disappointed.
We've heard Cole speak on this what his experience has been prior to SL a couple of times in regards to learning how to run routes. Your opinion doesn't out weigh Coles truth. He flat out said that coaches assume on the NFL level that you know how to run routes. T
Other than the ability to generate multiple pages on any given thread I don't see Dez Bryant having much of an effect at all:laugh:
Hopefully that is not true. Hoping that this new emphasis on not only running different but how to Run those routes will have a big impact on our offense now and for years to come.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Oh WOW...another Dez thread. The guy is gone...just move on and focus on what is happening now...
Of course this won't stop the whiners finding something else to whine about or be overly critical of, or another player(s) to hate on.
Not a Dez thread.

kskboys

Reaction score
BTW, who was the coach that help develop Miles here, our last great route running wideout?
Romo.

Not joking. Romo made Miles on the short stuff and the comeback, at which Miles was absolutely amazing. In Miles's one great year, he was a YAC beast. Soooooo, we take the best YAC WR in the NFL and start sending him deep for no reason. There's your great coaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Meaning what exactly?
None of them are reason why he wouldn’t be the best WR on our team.
We all agree Dez needs the right situation given the timing of his release. If he was released before FA he could have gotten the longer term deal he wanted.
Best WR on our team? We have no idea at present, way too many unknowns.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dez demonstrating what a distraction he can be when he's no longer on your roster has got to have teams asking what distraction he will be when he is on your roster. Cleveland Browns and all others beware. Dez is his own worst enemy.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
I think it is delusional to wait for a contender when your phone isn't ringing.
You have no idea whether his phone has been ringing or not. You are not his agent and are only making an assumption. You do know why you should never "assume", right?
Maybe, he is just waiting for the one he wants to come along. I think its a mistake to go that route, but that is his decision.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You have no idea whether his phone has been ringing or not. You are not his agent and are only making an assumption. You do know why you should never "assume", right?
Maybe, he is just waiting for the one he wants to come along. I think its a mistake to go that route, but that is his decision.

True, though there are a couple of things that would make it more likely than not that teams aren't lining up for Dez. First, every time he publicly shows interest in a team, they shut him down by saying they are not interested. The New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers for instance. Then there is the fact that he isn't signed when training camp has started.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
False. While he never got back to 1600 yard 16 TD dez, after the return from his broken knee, the next 10 full games he played he had 48 catches for 778 yards and 9 TDS. That’s including playoffs. 16 yards a catch and just under a TD a game. That’s with a rookie QB. Coming off a broken knee. You can act like he is garbage but he showed he was far from done.

Where in my post did I say he was garbage?