The Dez Bryant Effect

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
That is all true and just a complete failure from the top to the bottom of the organization.

BUT DEZ IS STILL TO THIS DAY UNEMPLOYED! That right there speaks volumes more then anything and anyone’s opinion on this or any other forum!
Keep in mind he is unemployed by choice (by bad choice if you ask me, but still by choice). So it don't speak that voluminous.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Keep in mind he is unemployed by choice (by bad choice if you ask me, but still by choice). So it don't speak that voluminous.

Yes he did get that one offer from a very WR needy team. But he is this supposed premier WR that should had driven a bidding war for his services. So in my opinion because that didn’t happen, it speaks very voluminous to his and other people’s opinions of his skillset and/or character.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not sure if the ravens offer still stands. The browns were talking about him before the meltdown on twitter.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That is all true and just a complete failure from the top to the bottom of the organization.

BUT DEZ IS STILL TO THIS DAY UNEMPLOYED! That right there speaks volumes more then anything and anyone’s opinion on this or any other forum!
Well,he is unemployed by choice, if I'm to believe he blew off the Raven's offer, as to the " why" he'd do that is the puzzling part,either he was all cracked out/ high & not in a reasoned state of mind when that dropped in on him,or he held elements of self doubt he couldn't even " cut the mustard " with a different outfit,,, or,,, he's dead set on playing on an N.F.C. east team & will accept no substitute,,,, the hell if I know what's whirling around up in his wheelhouseo_O

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
You guys are really ignorant if you think an NFL WR coach doesn't teach technique. I am not a Dooley fan, but the hate is getting out of control. This is part of the Cowboys hype machine. Sanjay Lal is a journeyman position coach who, as far as I can tell, has only produced a single 1000 yard receiver.

His stints at the Raiders, Jets, and Colts produced some of the worst WR output in the league in those respective years. Like dead bottom of the league.

If you are expecting big things out of this group, you are going to be disappointed.

Last edited:

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Yes he did get that one offer from a very WR needy team. But he is this supposed premier WR that should had driven a bidding war for his services. So in my opinion because that didn’t happen, it speaks very voluminous to his and other people’s opinions of his skillset and/or character.
Well you know what they say about opinions. I'm just pointing out a fact. That bidding war was made impossible by they actions of the Cowboys FO cutting him after teams had spent almost all their FA money. Not sure how big of a bidding war there would have been, but there would have been more teams in the market if they cut him at the beginning rather than the end.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well,he is unemployed by choice, if I'm to believe he blew off the Raven's offer, as to the " why" he'd do that is the puzzling part,either he was all cracked out/ high & not in a reasoned state of mind when that dropped in on him,or he held elements of self doubt he couldn't even " cut the mustard " with a different outfit,,, or,,, he's dead set on playing on an N.F.C. east team & will accept no substitute,,,, the hell if I know what's whirling around up in his wheelhouseo_O

LOL....

My guess and that’s all it is because I don’t have any inside sources or people in the know, is that he thought to highly of himself and was under the impression that more offers were going to be coming.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
** If Dez route running had such a negative impact. why FO gave him $70M contract before forcing him to clean up that area of his game. Pay me $70M is saying you're pretty damn happy with my game.

Dez got injured after or around that time he got that $70M. 2014 Dez was a beast, a true #1, even with his limited route tree. He never recovered afterwards. Drew Pearson talked about this, how injuries on the legs hurts wideouts, and that the only way to overcome those is to perfect your route running. Yes, Tony romo could still get production out of Dez, but lets be honest, Dez never was the same since being injured.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well you know what they say about opinions. I'm just pointing out a fact.

And another opinion of mine...LOL,

I have this idea that he is now regretting that he didn’t take the Ravens offer. As you stated about how late he was cut, he should have known it would be hard for a team to sign him. Well unless he was a premier WR then I guess a many of teams would have found a way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Not sure if the ravens offer still stands. The browns were talking about him before the meltdown on twitter.
I'm pretty sure it has been pulled. Teams want to avoid a deal that Dez is wanting because they don't want to have to go through negotiations with the same player 2 years in a row, or have to pay more than they want to avoid them hitting free agency.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
LOL....

My guess and that’s all it is because I don’t have any inside sources or people in the know, is that he thought to highly of himself and was under the impression that more offers were going to be coming.
Well,if the dude humbles himself/ keeps his head levelled & square / stops 'blurting' on social media like a crack mad ho pitching a tizzy fit ,,,he could easily prove his worth to just about any team in the leagueo_O

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well,if the dude humbles himself/ keeps his head levelled & square / stops 'blurting' on social media like a crack mad ho pitching a tizzy fit ,,,he could easily prove his worth to just about any team in the leagueo_O

You’re asking Dez to humble himself...Lol. As he thinks he is humble.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
That was uninjured Dez years. He wasn't the same after 2014.

False. While he never got back to 1600 yard 16 TD dez, after the return from his broken knee, the next 10 full games he played he had 48 catches for 778 yards and 9 TDS. That’s including playoffs. 16 yards a catch and just under a TD a game. That’s with a rookie QB. Coming off a broken knee. You can act like he is garbage but he showed he was far from done.

pancakeman

Reaction score
So these professional coaches haven’t figured out Dez couldn’t run routes all these years. They sat around and paid him $70 million and didn’t care.

Suddenly something woke up in the coaching staff and they finally figured out WRs should learn routes?
Cole is 30 years old and he just admitted he didn’t know how to run routes until This offseason?
That’s not a problem?

So JG makes $5 million per year and he didn’t realize WR coaches are supposed to teach route running until this offseason?

Wow this is scary.
I wonder if the All or Nothing TV cameras exposing the dysfunction in the WR room was the only thing that forced decisive action.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
And go further, even his first 6 games of 2017 weren’t exceptional... but still. Add that to the previous 10 from 16.

He had 76 catches for 1100 yards and 13 TDS in his full 16 games after he broke his knee. The same knee he broke IN GAME AND SCORED AFTERWARDS. We don’t even count that TD.

Trash. For a guy who never took his job seriously, imagine if he did.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Btw it looks like Alfred Morris beat him in finding a team, read something about him going to the Jets yesterday.

Edit: Well visited the Jets. https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/new-yo...-elijah-mcguire-injury-report-news.56073.html

kskboys

Reaction score
Well you know what they say about opinions. I'm just pointing out a fact. That bidding war was made impossible by they actions of the Cowboys FO cutting him after teams had spent almost all their FA money. Not sure how big of a bidding war there would have been, but there would have been more teams in the market if they cut him at the beginning rather than the end.
If Julilo or Antonio or Deandre or Mike Evans got cut, teams would be willing to cut others to sign them. No matter how the bread is sliced, Dez has very limited value.

superonyx

Reaction score
I wonder if the All or Nothing TV cameras exposing the dysfunction in the WR room was the only thing that forced decisive action.
I could be wrong but I would imagine the rest of the coaches especially since JG and Linehan are offesive coaches should have known that none of our guys are great at route running...they should have witness and participated in on the field coaching sessions where coaches are helping our WRs run routes.

If none of our WRs have been taught route running then it ultimately falls on the head coach and Offensive Coordinator.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I would imagine the rest of the coaches especially since JG and Linehan are offesive coaches should have known that none of our guys are great at route running...they should have witness and participated in on the field coaching sessions where coaches are helping our WRs run routes.

If none of our WRs have been taught route running then it ultimately falls on the head coach and Offensive Coordinator.

Yes you are actually 100% correct and you might also want to include Jerry, Stephen and McClay in there.

But again why is Dez still unsigned?