The draft is irrelevant

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This is part of the problem, but I still maintain that Jason Garrett could/should have been fired for incompetence and Dak should, as well.
Even with an idiot in the front office, those guys should make a difference on the field.
It's the GM that wanted them. It all falls on him.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The only thing the draft is going to do is continue to make us relevant. That's all Jerry cares about. We've had future HOF OL men and it means very little in the long run.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's not important who the Cowboys got or didn't get in the draft. Just like the Garrett years, no player could make a difference as long as the most important position on the sidelines was empty. No matter how much talent the Cowboys had- and they were stacked- the lack of leadership at the head coaching position kept the Cowboys from achieving success.
So, too, are these Cowboys lacking a key component that a stacked lineup cannot overcome. As long as Dak Prescott is the quarterback, the Cowboys season will end every time a team punches the Cowboys in the mouth and gets physical with them. Unless the Cowboys are beating up on their opponent and the whole team is making plays, the hole at the second most important leadership position is too much to overcome.
The Cowboys are still under the influence of the Garrett philosophy. Garrett was a big talker, but lost when it came to actually coaching. He didn't know how to lead, and before he left he instilled a starting quarterback crafted in his inept leadership style. Dak might have had a chance if he'd had a real head coach to begin with, but he learned quickly how to work the media and fans.
So if you're upset over free agency and/or the draft, it's irrelevant.
Until the Cowboys put a real leader at head coach at the same time they have a leader at quarterback , it doesn't matter who is on the roster.
What makes you believe our HC is allowed to lead???

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo probably was good enough. Take a look at who his HCs were (bar BP, who he barely played for). That was the problem. Combined with the two idiots running the team. You can’t elite prizes with mediocre people.

Patrick Crayton is the name you are looking for
yep Crayton...easy catch and off to the races to endzone

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I’m still trying to figure out how, on a team where it seems that EVERYONE folds when they get punched in the mouth (including the QB), that only the QB and HC get called out…am I missing something?
That would be on the HC and the GM, they create the culture.

shabazz

Reaction score
It's not important who the Cowboys got or didn't get in the draft. Just like the Garrett years, no player could make a difference as long as the most important position on the sidelines was empty. No matter how much talent the Cowboys had- and they were stacked- the lack of leadership at the head coaching position kept the Cowboys from achieving success.
So, too, are these Cowboys lacking a key component that a stacked lineup cannot overcome. As long as Dak Prescott is the quarterback, the Cowboys season will end every time a team punches the Cowboys in the mouth and gets physical with them. Unless the Cowboys are beating up on their opponent and the whole team is making plays, the hole at the second most important leadership position is too much to overcome.
The Cowboys are still under the influence of the Garrett philosophy. Garrett was a big talker, but lost when it came to actually coaching. He didn't know how to lead, and before he left he instilled a starting quarterback crafted in his inept leadership style. Dak might have had a chance if he'd had a real head coach to begin with, but he learned quickly how to work the media and fans.
Until the Cowboys put a real leader at head coach at the same time they have a leader at quarterback , it doesn't matter who is on the roster.
I realize a lot of my posts are negative but I just want to vent some of this frustration.

We've had Hall of Famers at several key positions over the last 30 years and we've got maybe five playoff wins to show for it? You are correct, it doesn't matter at all who we draft. It's the culture of this organization that negates any Talent we have on the field.
If the status quo continues to exist here, I can predict future futility.

However, the lastest actions and specifically the NON- actions are giving me hope that real change is coming

The next clues will be how the FO handles the big threes contracts.....and the most important one will be who the next HC will be.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is part of the problem, but I still maintain that Jason Garrett could/should have been fired for incompetence and Dak should, as well.
Even with an idiot in the front office, those guys should make a difference on the field.
Dak led NFL with 36 TD's and 9 INT's.....so because your DC completely blows it and your offensive scheme from coaching blows it you want to fire Dak????.....we should have paid

him long time ago...but now we are going all in that Trey Lance is the new Savior for Cowboys.....well if that be the case i hope it works

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The NFL draft remains the most important part of good roster building. It’s not everything. You have to mix in some FAs and trades. But the draft is at least 70% of any team’s success.

The draft is critical. It’s the only thing that has kept Dallas competitive in the regular season.

And…the first leader this team needs is a GM that isn‘t 81 and knows how to win in the cap era.
mr Haze---- i believe you might agree we should have been more "active" during free agency....and yes it is not completely over yet....for me it was how we lost the wild card

mixed with Jerry saying...."we are all in this season".....i have not seen anything close to being all in....but there is time...maybe he thought getting Zimmer was "all in"?

we will have to see....but what i love aboutr Zimmer's Defense they always good against the run

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What makes you believe our HC is allowed to lead???
If he isnt, he is not HC, well maybe in title only.
Jerry is the real HC, guys like JG and MM are the assistant HC's
There is no one to create a good culture, thats why Jimmy left when jerry started doing PC's and saying things that countered what
Jimmy said in his PC.
Jimmy knew that was not good.
A Team should only have one voice, one leader.
Dallas always has had 2 since jimmy left. And Jerrys voice is louder and speaks more often lol.
So he creates the culture, thats why it is like it is.

Any coach who would coach under jerry is not much of a coach, they just want the easy money.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's notimportant who the Cowboys got or didn't get in the draft. Just like the Garrett years, no player could make a difference as long as the most important position on the sidelines was empty. No matter how much talent the Cowboys had- and they were stacked- the lack of leadership at the head coaching position kept the Cowboys from achieving success.
IMG-0487.gif

I’ve never seen so much whining over the same thing ever in one place like here.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
mr Haze---- i believe you might agree we should have been more "active" during free agency....and yes it is not completely over yet....for me it was how we lost the wild card

mixed with Jerry saying...."we are all in this season".....i have not seen anything close to being all in....but there is time...maybe he thought getting Zimmer was "all in"?

we will have to see....but what i love aboutr Zimmer's Defense they always good against the run
the jones boys are all in lol, but the question remains. All in on what exactly??
1. one year deals only
2.dont extend any players
3.clean up cap without pushing $ into future years.

What else ? no one knows yet.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
True but that isnt happening anytime soon, unless they surprise us in 25.

leeblair

Reaction score
IMG-0487.gif

I’ve never seen so much whining over the same thing ever in one place like here.
You must never have been around real Cowboys fans.
You should hang out with Dak and his agent since you don't care about the Cowboys.
You only seem to care about Dak, and that's why it doesn't bother you to see the Cowboys suffer.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You must never have been around real Cowboys fans.
You should hang out with Dak and his agent since you don't care about the Cowboys.
You only seem to care about Dak, and that's why it doesn't bother you to see the Cowboys suffer.
:thumbup:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Leadership on the football field is delegated from the Head Coach. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones does not want a leader at Head Coach. Because he cannot get the glory when it is given to the Head Coach and QB. The Head Coach delegates leadership to the QB and then other team members. This was consistent with Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, and briefly with Bill Parcells.

So you cannot blame Dak, who is a natural leader as confirmed at Miss St. and with teammates in high school, college, and the NFL. However, there is no HC that can delegate his leadership authority, accountability and responsibility that has worked for Jerry Jones. Because Jerry is owner, GM, and defacto HC. He hires a coach of offense, defense, and does not want a "walk around" HC that walks in his authority as leader of the football team.

leeblair

Reaction score
Leadership on the football field is delegated from the Head Coach. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones does not want a leader at Head Coach. Because he cannot get the glory when it is given to the Head Coach and QB. The Head Coach delegates leadership to the QB and then other team members. This was consistent with Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, and briefly with Bill Parcells.

So you cannot blame Dak, who is a natural leader as confirmed at Miss St. and with teammates in high school, college, and the NFL. However, there is no HC that can delegate his leadership authority, accountability and responsibility that has worked for Jerry Jones. Because Jerry is owner, GM, and defacto HC. He hires a coach of offense, defense, and does not want a "walk around" HC that walks in his authority as leader of the football team.
A lot of things were confirmed at Mississippi St; Dak’s leadership style being one of them.
He choked there, too, every time the pressure of the game was too much for him.
Like in Dallas, Dak played well against weaker teams, but he became erratic and non productive when the opponent didn't lay down for them.
I'm not saying that Jerry isn't to blame, but Dak is a large part of the problem.