The DT Position

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I hope you see the talent even though you pointed out some warts. He should be on our menu in the 2nd rd. I like his talent and 2nd rd would be our only chance at him as of Feb 2017. I am in the groupthink of taking rd1 a talented BPA/ Edge because a DB of starting talent will be available in the second and the Edge players available after our first pick are not BPA candidates till about the late third with e.g.Jourdan Willis Kansas St and Trey Hendrickson FL atlantic. .
I think the South practices at the Senior Bowl made me a believer he was clearly the best guy out there in the drills, scrimmages they played and was a thumper during practice. Thanks for the link, his calling card is a sure tackler with great coverage skills that blossomed at the Senior Bowl, I think the combine will advance his value. Is he a sure thing in the second, I would not bet my house on him but he is a player that is clearly ascending and one would be foolish to ignore his talent completely with our second pick. He has the length and size to cover, and the solid change of direction skills to play any one of the defensive backfield positions inside the red zone. Obi can play in your defensive back field or he could became a outside linebacker because of his ability to tackle and this means …he could be that catalytic player(like Darren Woodson) making others better. Let's discuss his value after the combine.

I do see ability there, I just think there's a chance he gets over-drafted. FWIW (some would say not much), I just listened to the latest Draftshow and Broadduss said he had him as a 3rd rounder which is about where I have him. Like you said, we'll see if he continues to pick up momentum heading out of the Combine.

tm1119

Reaction score
DT play was better than DE play this past year.

Stop deluding yourselves into thinking that if we just get really good DT play the DEs will take care of themselves. We need an upgrade of talent at DE. Substantial upgrade if you want a team capable of being able to harass elite QBs in big games.

OK? It's not that hard to better than our DE's were last year. That's really not saying much at all. We still haven't had a true disruptive force inside in a long time though. Melton failed, Ty Crawford looking more and more like a failure...hopefully Collins continues to improve and he can be the answer, but still too early to say.

Of course we need to upgrade the DE position. I don't think there's a single person who has seen the cowboys play that would say differently. But again, you keep acting like good pass rushing RDE's are just growing on trees. Picking at 28 and not spending huge $ in FA is going to make it extremely difficult to fill the position this year whether you want to admit it or not. If we can't get that true RDE a disruptive DT is the next best thing and a lot more realistic in our scenario. Next to franchise QB and (maybe) LT, a perennial 12+ sack artist is probably the hardest position in the sport to find.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Reddick would make the most impact of any player we take at 28,he will play a lot of snaps and be a 3 down player.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Reddick would make the most impact of any player we take at 28,he will play a lot of snaps and be a 3 down player.
He certainly had a great Senior Bowl for the south. Not sure I can pass on a good edge talent in the first to get to Haason Reddick, I think he is gone by our second pick. As of media Feb10 2017

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
OK? It's not that hard to better than our DE's were last year. That's really not saying much at all. We still haven't had a true disruptive force inside in a long time though. Melton failed, Ty Crawford looking more and more like a failure...hopefully Collins continues to improve and he can be the answer, but still too early to say.

Of course we need to upgrade the DE position. I don't think there's a single person who has seen the cowboys play that would say differently. But again, you keep acting like good pass rushing RDE's are just growing on trees. Picking at 28 and not spending huge $ in FA is going to make it extremely difficult to fill the position this year whether you want to admit it or not. If we can't get that true RDE a disruptive DT is the next best thing and a lot more realistic in our scenario. Next to franchise QB and (maybe) LT, a perennial 12+ sack artist is probably the hardest position in the sport to find.

1-Tech or bust!!!