The Eagles have better WR's than us?

CapnB

Reaction score
I rarely watch NFL sports talk on any network anymore. But with the zeke news today i thought i would just stop by ESPN just to see what was being said. They were doing a who's better list at the positions between the cowboys and eagles.

I watched for about 3 min's. They said Wentz has done more than Dak (Has he?) and has way more talent. Now the next one was the kicker for me.

The Eagles have better WR's. Called Nelson Agholor a playmaker and Alshon Jeffery a difference-maker and D JAX is playmaker. Also said Cooper has done good things but the Eagles have better overall talent at the position.

Cooper, Gallup and Cobb? Ill take those 3 any day over the eagles 3. What say you?

Sydla

Reaction score
I rarely watch NFL sports talk on any network anymore. But with the zeke news today i thought i would just stop by ESPN just to see what was being said. They were doing a who's better list at the positions between the cowboys and eagles.

I watched for about 3 min's. They said Wentz has done more than Dak (Has he?) and has way more talent. Now the next one was the kicker for me.

The Eagles have better WR's. Called Nelson Agholor a playmaker and Alshon Jeffery a difference-maker and D JAX is playmaker. Also said Cooper has done good things but the Eagles have better overall talent at the position.

Cooper, Gallup and Cobb? Ill take those 3 any day over the eagles 3. What say you?

Did they include TEs, because that's a huge scale tipper.

I wouldn't say "way" better but right now, I'd say the Eagles have a slight edge at WR for this season............. largely because we have two big questions.......... can Gallup take that next step and be a legit #2 (I think he can but as of now he's not proven it) and is Cobb healthy and back into form that made him a really good WR a few years ago?

Now if those two questions come back big yesses, then we can argue ours are better. But until those are answered, I don't think it's crazy to suggest Philly might have better WRs right now.

Now would I take their three over our three? Likely not simply because our top two are 25 years and younger and can possibly get better and their top two are older than dirt and likely aren't going to improve from what they are. But for one year? I can see how some might take theirs over ours.

blueblood70

Reaction score

they do have two very good TEs...that could break the tie.. I believe our Wrs and theirs are close..

we do have the better RBs..:)) both can catch so?

starfan1

Reaction score
Honestly I cant argue it much in terms of receiving corps especially when you add in the TE position. Wentz hasnt done more than Dak Im sorry. I think our receiving corps will bebetter this year but in totality and body of work I may have to give Philly the edge.

Altestic

Reaction score
Agholor is mediocre, but their top 2 WRs and top 2 TEs are downright scary.

CapnB

Reaction score
they do have two very good TEs...that could break the tie.. I believe our Wrs and theirs are close..

we do have the better RBs..:)) both can catch so?

Yeah they went with Eagles and TE's . I didnt have a problem with that. But WR's? and their reasoning? i was just like wow

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe currently rated by the talking heads. Our guys are pretty damn good!

CapnB

Reaction score
Honestly I cant argue it much in terms of receiving corps especially when you add in the TE position. Wentz hasnt done more than Dak Im sorry. I think our receiving corps will bebetter this year but in totality and body of work I may have to give Philly the edge.

But they were just talking about WR's thats it. they went on to say TE position was better, which i dont have an issue with.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

People can argue Wentz's talent vs Dak but to say Wentz has "done more" is not true at this point in their careers.

As for receivers, I give Philly the edge at TE without question. But how much do Alshon and Desean have left at WR?

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah they went with Eagles and TE's . I didnt have a problem with that. But WR's? and their reasoning? i was just like wow

Their reasoning isn't outrageous. Because again, two of our three WRs have question marks - is Gallup a real #2? He has a lot to prove. And is Cobb really healthy and back to his previous form? That's a big question.

It's close but I can see why, at least today as we head into the season, some would take their WRs. Now it's quite possible we are having a different discussion 4-5-6 games into the season if Gallup has exploded and Cobb looks great in the slot.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the pundits or most of them are saying how they would take the Eagles roster over the Cowboys.
But it comes across as they just want to take the opposite stances since Zeke signed.

Like some won’t admit it, though they know they are wrong. They have to be that way just to be different.
Now a few probably do actually think that. And I give them that. But many seemed they were talking the opposite side as someone has to.

You know, for ratings.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Their WR2, slot, and depth are better than ours, our WR1 is way better than theirs.

It's a toss up for me

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I love Eagles fanbois. They always say Jerry sucks. Dak sucks. Their OL is better and other than Zeke they have better skill positions players. They say there DL and DBs are better too. And no question about which team has the better Owner, GM and HC. So basically they will concede that Zeke and Dallas' LBers are better.

I ask them why do they lose against such an inferior team? Never get a legit answer. Guess the Cowboys are just lucky.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

As of right now I think the Cowboys have the best wide receivers in the division. It's how we use them that could be the issue

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most people dont know Gallup,my prediction is he is going to outshine Cooper.
I took him in my fantasy league First. Actually I took Elliott first. But my wide receivers That's how much confidence I have in him going forward

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I highly doubt any GM would straight up take the Eagles roster over Dallas. Dallas is younger with many players either hitting their prime or in their prime. Philly on the other hand is old and fading.