The Eagles have better WR's than us?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless Wentz gets hurt or his back injury flares up and holds him back, they are going to be a really good offense. Now, some Eagles fans are acting like they might be the greatest offense ever, but that's stupid. But they will easily be a Top 10 offense in this league, likely Top 5 as long as they can keep Wentz upright (which is definitely a big "if").
They have one of the top O minds in the game to utilize their weapons but you are dead on, it all keys off a QB that has not proven he can stay on the field. Who has the best WR's won't matter if he's on the sideline.

erod

Reaction score
Very slight edge at TE? Yeah. No. They have two TEs better than Jarwin.

The secondary is also a push. We may have better CBs, but they have better safeties unless somehow Jeff Heath lost his job in the last day or so.

OLs are likely a push at this point. Injuries could be a huge factor in which OL plays better this year.
They're close, but Dallas is the better roster.

kskboys

Reaction score
He had one of the best WR's on the other side from him, better than anyone on these two teams. Jackson played on a bad team with mediocre coaching.

Comparing the WR's is difficult until we see them, each has a new member of the trio. One QB is questionable about health and the other just questionable until proven otherwise. Doesn't matter how good a WR is if the QB can't put the ball where he can make a play.
That's also possible. However, he is a 32 year old speed WR. History points at him being about done.

fansince68

Reaction score
I rarely watch NFL sports talk on any network anymore. But with the zeke news today i thought i would just stop by ESPN just to see what was being said. They were doing a who's better list at the positions between the cowboys and eagles.

I watched for about 3 min's. They said Wentz has done more than Dak (Has he?) and has way more talent. Now the next one was the kicker for me.

The Eagles have better WR's. Called Nelson Agholor a playmaker and Alshon Jeffery a difference-maker and D JAX is playmaker. Also said Cooper has done good things but the Eagles have better overall talent at the position.

Cooper, Gallup and Cobb? Ill take those 3 any day over the eagles 3. What say you?
Add Devin Smith, he has the potential to contribute IF they play him. I gotta admit, Cobb looks pedestrian compared to Beasley in training camp and preseason games.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Alshon won't even be with the Eagles after this year. They're high on the kid Whiteside who will take his place.

Cooper, Cobb, Gallup, Austin and Devin Smith - none of those players were selected after the 81st pick. Every one of those receivers has WR1 capabilities. Yeah, even Cobb, who is far from washed up. Gallup would be the best receiver on the Eagles' roster.

There is a reason that Wentz always tries to force the ball into double coverage to Ertz. He is their best offensive weapon.

I think a lot of people who are high on the Eagles' offense this year are going to be in for a rude awakening by week 6 or 7.

You're delusional if you think Randall Cobb, Tavon Austin or Devin Smith are capable of being a #1 WR.