The Eagles have better WR's than us?

Sydla

Reaction score
I never brought up Cobb so no need to defend him or any other player on the Dallas' roster. This is a thread of how Eagles were mentioned to be better. Not me saying Dallas is better.

I am confused. This thread is about which WR corps is better. So how can you be talking about the Eagles were mentioned as better and you seemingly disagreeing but then you aren't saying Dallas is better?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I rarely watch NFL sports talk on any network anymore. But with the zeke news today i thought i would just stop by ESPN just to see what was being said. They were doing a who's better list at the positions between the cowboys and eagles.

I watched for about 3 min's. They said Wentz has done more than Dak (Has he?) and has way more talent. Now the next one was the kicker for me.

The Eagles have better WR's. Called Nelson Agholor a playmaker and Alshon Jeffery a difference-maker and D JAX is playmaker. Also said Cooper has done good things but the Eagles have better overall talent at the position.

Cooper, Gallup and Cobb? Ill take those 3 any day over the eagles 3. What say you?
It’s all talk at this point without one game on the tally sheet. We’ll see is all I got to say!

CapnB

Reaction score
Their reasoning isn't outrageous. Because again, two of our three WRs have question marks - is Gallup a real #2? He has a lot to prove. And is Cobb really healthy and back to his previous form? That's a big question.

It's close but I can see why, at least today as we head into the season, some would take their WRs. Now it's quite possible we are having a different discussion 4-5-6 games into the season if Gallup has exploded and Cobb looks great in the slot.

Gallup is going to explode this season, heard Broaddus say he would consider Gallup a 1.B (Cooper being 1A) Yeah they have to play the games, but you can see it in Gallups preseason. He's a different player than last year

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I would give Jefferies a slight edge over cooper based on career or a draw at best. Jackson over Cobb and Aghalor over gallup only because hes been in the league longer and had more opportunity that will change this year. I may even be talked into Cooper being better than jefferies but not by alot

All that said this year I think our receivers all kick that tail and will be looked at as top 5 in league.
Alshon Jeffery?

2018 65 843 6TD
2017 57 789 9TD
2016 52 821 2TD
2015 54 807 4TD

Ken

Reaction score
thats not true they both have 2 1000 yard plus seasons only. Their stats are similar if you want to give Coop the edge I have no issue with that. Heck if you want to say the cowboys have a better receiving corps i dont have a problem with that either but I would think many would disagree with you.

I think this year will be a huge stat line for alot of cowboy stars
It has been 4 years since Alshon had a 1000 yard season. That is playing with Boy wonder the last 3....that is a fact.

Cooper has had 1000 yards in 3 of his 4 seasons in the NFL. He played in only 12 games in the year he missed. Cooper is better in a every way.

CB61

Reaction score
I rarely watch NFL sports talk on any network anymore. But with the zeke news today i thought i would just stop by ESPN just to see what was being said. They were doing a who's better list at the positions between the cowboys and eagles.

I watched for about 3 min's. They said Wentz has done more than Dak (Has he?) and has way more talent. Now the next one was the kicker for me.

The Eagles have better WR's. Called Nelson Agholor a playmaker and Alshon Jeffery a difference-maker and D JAX is playmaker. Also said Cooper has done good things but the Eagles have better overall talent at the position.

Cooper, Gallup and Cobb? Ill take those 3 any day over the eagles 3. What say you?
I could see the argument where Wentz has more Talent than dak but I've seen a lot of talent go down the tubes in this league in 58 years and yes Prescott has far more impressed then Wentz so that first point could be very well debatable for years to come Wentz has trouble staying healthy I heard talk at the end of last year one more hit to his back and his career may be over

starfan1

Reaction score
Alshon Jeffery?

2018 65 843 6TD
2017 57 789 9TD
2016 52 821 2TD
2015 54 807 4TD
wow you guys are on this WR thing. Shall I pull Amari's stats and conveniently leave out his only 2 1000 yard seasons like you did with Jeffery

my bad on the spelling

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jackson is old. Not neartbe guy he once was
For that matter, Jeffery is very injury prone

Same can be said for Cobb on our end. Not what he once was.

Our WRs are better
Throw in TEs and its different.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
thats not true they both have 2 1000 yard plus seasons only. Their stats are similar if you want to give Coop the edge I have no issue with that. Heck if you want to say the cowboys have a better receiving corps i dont have a problem with that either but I would think many would disagree with you.

I think this year will be a huge stat line for alot of cowboy stars
Cooper had 1,005 last year dude

speedkilz88

Reaction score
wow you guys are on this WR thing. Shall I pull Amari's stats and conveniently leave out his only 2 1000 yard seasons like you did with Jeffery

my bad on the spelling
You are wrong dude. Cooper had 1005 last year. He's only played 4 seasons. He would have had more last year but Carr sucked.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Forget who I was listening to yesterday but they were saying WR depth is an issue for the Cowboys.

They are clearly clueless, Dallas has as good of depth at WR as anyone in the league.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think you could go either way at WR...but if you're including TE, it's Philly and it's not even close.

starfan1

Reaction score
You are wrong dude. Cooper had 1005 last year. He's only played 4 seasons. He would have had more last year but Carr sucked.
you are correct I revisited the stats.its 1005 I looked at the stat line and missed the years. I seen 5 lines forgot to add the last 2 together. ok Cooper is better how much can be debated but its not that serious to me. Who did Alshon play with his career. Nick foles and Carsen Wentz and Jay Cutler.

theres no doubt that age and upside is so much better in terms of the now. I was going on accomplishments overall. Jeffery's numbers are most likely down because hes been playing with better talent at WR which is probably the point of the thread

speedkilz88

Reaction score
you are correct I revisited the stats.its 1005 I looked at the stat line and missed the years. I seen 5 lines forgot to add the last 2 together. ok Cooper is better how much can be debated but its not that serious to me. Who did Alshon play with his career. Nick foles and Carsen Wentz and Jay Cutler.

theres no doubt that age and upside is so much better in terms of the now. I was going on accomplishments overall. Jeffery's numbers are most likely down because hes been playing with better talent at WR which is probably the point of the thread
Jeffery's numbers are down because he is a mediocre receiver. He's only been with the eagles for the past two years. The prior years were with the Bears. Early injuries with the bears took what athleticism he had similar to Dez.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh really?

Goedert: 33 catches 334 yards 4 Tds.
Jarwin (only started seing the ball the last 6 games or so)- 27 catches 303 yards 3 tds.

Jarwin also looks like he took another step this offseason.

Ok buddy, whatever you say.

CapnB

Reaction score
Best salesman in the world could not get me to say those 3 in philly are better than Our 3. Ive never thought Jeffery was a big time WR. In my opinion hes a solid 2. Agholor? Is meh and thats all i can say. D. Jax is on the downside of his career. Hes not the same guy who would torch the cowboys when Mcnugget was their QB.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
No ....... This is just the national media riding the eagles every off-season like they do every year

Praxit

Reaction score
....dont surf ESPN shows with the Eagles as the subject. Most of them have them locked to super bowl 53. Its a kinda smirk of "huh?"...